Author Topic: Accommodation - Roof Top Tent verses Tent  (Read 13045 times)

Offline DannyG

• Hard Top Camper User
  • The best way to predict the future is to create it
    • Oz Isuzu Forum
Re: Accommodation - Roof Top Tent verses Tent
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2014, 10:45:49 AM »
rays or bcf version

every other retailer version

we came very close to getting one.
Not a virus, not a re-install, not a format, not an issue since 2011..once you go mac you never go back

Oz Isuzu Forums
My Trailer Build

Offline areyonga

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2014, 10:46:35 AM »
Anyone seen the Coleman Instant up tents http://www.raysoutdoors.com.au/online-store/products/Coleman-Instant-Up-Touring-Tent-6-Person.aspx?pid=291386&menuFrom=1021918#Cross

or http://www.raysoutdoors.com.au/online-store/products/Coleman-Instant-Traveller-Dome-Tent-6-Person.aspx?pid=346864&menuFrom=1021917#Cross

I wonder if they are as quick as they say to put up.  Look light weight  (is this good or bad?) as well

Had a look at them , similar to the Black Wolf Turbo but a bit more fiddly than the Oztent RV3.  The negative side from some of the comments in reviews is having trouble to get them packed up and back into the bag, but they do have room.  I like RV3 as at the end of a day driving I want to have minimal set up time and the extra two minutes could make me miss out on another beer :cheers:
Toyota Landcruiser 200, Olympic Marathon 22.6 van

Offline DannyG

• Hard Top Camper User
  • The best way to predict the future is to create it
    • Oz Isuzu Forum
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2014, 10:50:37 AM »
  I like RV3 as at the end of a day driving I want to have minimal set up time and the extra two minutes could make me miss out on another beer :cheers:

And that extra 2 minutes multiplied by every time you set up and pack up on a touring trip really starts to annoy you after a while! I know its being a bit like a princess but who cares, we are in it to enjoy it not be burdened with chores ;)
Not a virus, not a re-install, not a format, not an issue since 2011..once you go mac you never go back

Oz Isuzu Forums
My Trailer Build

Offline Moto Mech

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2014, 06:27:02 PM »
We have a coleman instant up tent and ill garantee combind set up/pack up would be the same or quicker than a 30 sec tent but I would also garantee that they wouldnt last as long.
ARB, the only gear for my Landcruiser 105
Red Earth Camper Trailer

Offline weeds

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2014, 08:41:26 AM »
And that extra 2 minutes multiplied by every time you set up and pack up on a touring trip really starts to annoy you after a while! I know its being a bit like a princess but who cares, we are in it to enjoy it not be burdened with chores ;)

gotta agree.....but I don't get hung up on it too much. we like to hit the road by 8am, seems to give the crew plenty of time to sort themselves out