Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 9321 times)

Offline tracker

• Hard Top Camper User
  • If you can throw a ball...Be able to catch one !!!
« on: November 11, 2014, 01:26:39 AM »
G'Day All,     Not sure if i'm doing this right....But i'll have a go!    Just to introduce my self with a few bits of info and a question to any members who wish to comment. My horse is a BT 50 2013 model and i'v never owned a camper trailer before...But i have an Ecomate forward fold trailer on order so my question is. Has anyone have any positive or negative comments on the Ecomate/ Modcon  trailer at all please.   I hope i have done this right ....Cheers Tracker.     :cheers:
Toyota Prado....- ( Fantasy F3SL Hybrid  Van)

scarpsD40

Re: Newbie
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2014, 05:08:51 AM »
Hey Tracker, welcome to myswag. Great to have you onboard. You've got a great horse (often described as a happy 4by because of it's smiling front end), and I've only heard good things so far about the Ecomate Forward Fold. Happy trails and might see you out on the track one day.

Offline tracker

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2014, 05:15:13 AM »
Thanks Scarps,.....Still a couple of weeks away from recieving first ct....looking forward to the union between BT 50 and Ecomate...Simply can't wait....

KingBilly

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2014, 09:22:44 AM »
Welcome to myswag. A very capable vehicle that BT50.  With the Ecomate you will be set for some great adventures.  Have only heard good things about Ecomate and Modcon.

Happy camping
KB

Offline wilson79

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2014, 11:36:09 AM »
Hi mate,

I have a 2011 BT50 and new Ecomate FF have not had a chance to use it yet it has its first shakedown this weekend but love it so far
Regards,

Wilson79

My camper, http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=39588.msg711354#msg711354
2014 Ecomate Traveller FF

My Tug, OCT 2016 VDJ200 VX Landcruiser
http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=54907.msg955281#msg955281

Offline tracker

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2014, 03:59:56 PM »
Thanks for the welcome  King Billy & Wilson79.....I'm looking forward to hearing how your 1st trip goes Wilson 79... I  just spoke to my dealer a moment ago and pick up has  been delayed :'(...but no matter

Offline wilson79

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2014, 04:28:02 PM »
Bummer on the delay, the wait will be worth it. Are you getting yours from Guardian campers in Rocky?
Regards,

Wilson79

Offline tracker

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2014, 04:43:08 PM »
Yes mate....Christmas is close...
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 04:50:57 PM by tracker »

Offline speedhump

• Tent User
  • Going places ... others dream!
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2014, 08:03:22 PM »

Welcome aboard Tracker
Speedhump
Speedhump
2013 triton 4WD dual cab
2016 New Age Wallaby Caravan
4.55m Makocraft runabout & Quintrex 350 cartopper
Our Blog: chezzastravels.wordpress.com

Offline Black Diamond

• "IF IT HAS TITS OR WHEELS IT WILL GIVE YOU TROUBLE........"
  • 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Cruisin through Life in the 80.......
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2014, 08:11:31 PM »
Welcome to the forum great to have your company  :cheers:
1996 80 series Cruiser
2005 Coota Camper - The legend lives on.....

Offline Talawana5

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2014, 09:02:04 PM »
Welcome aboard Tacker happy postings and reading.

Cheers

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2014, 05:53:17 AM »
Tracker  Welcome to MySwag , not to many sleeps till the CT is backed into your driveway . On your 1st trip out take a pen & paper to make a list of stuff you forgot to take . Enjoy     ,    we do  :cheers:
You can go your own way . Treg Up & Make Dust

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2014, 04:48:00 PM »
Welcome to Myswag,

If you would like to meet lots of fellow MySwaggers, get ya backside to the 2015 Nat Meet at Rainbow Beach.
Check it out in the Trips, Tracks, Touring and Reports section. Towards the top of the page.  :cheers:
I DON'T CARE HOW NICE THE HAND SOAP SMELLS.....

You should never walk out of the public toilets sniffing your fingers.

Offline tracker

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2014, 04:54:52 PM »
Gezzzzzzzz....Still 2 weeks to go......Buggerrrr

Offline GGV8Cruza

• The Cable Guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • If 1 turbo is good, 2 must be better. VK3GJG
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2014, 07:49:41 AM »
Welcome to MySwag, I am sure the wait will go quick. More time to plan the mods and purchase those accessories

GG

penski

« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2014, 08:48:30 PM »
Welcome! You won't be disappointed choosing a forward fold or a Modcon but I am biased  ;D.

Offline White Beast is Towing

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2015, 08:50:59 PM »
Hey mate,

Been out in the Ecomate yet? thinking of buying one and interested to hear what you think?

cheers...
Ecomate FF Hard Floor Camper
2010 SR5  Hilux
OME Suspension
ARB Bar
Warn Winch
Cooper AT3's

Offline evolution

• Pain is just weakness leaving the body
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2015, 08:55:18 PM »
Hi white beast,
Where are you located mate?
I have an ecomate ff on display at Yarrawonga for another couple of days.
Feel free to pm me if you want.

Cheers
Evo
Owner at Regional Campers
Explore a different world!

Offline tracker

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2015, 04:25:04 AM »
Hey mate,

Been out in the Ecomate yet? thinking of buying one and interested to hear what you think?

cheers...
             G'Day White Beast......Yes have had it out but haven't had the whole awning up as yet, just the day awning. We went to Claieview for a few days.....and loved it. We have the Ecomate forward fold with all the bells and whistles that could be had with this model and the guys in Rocky are continually changing there design as there customers come up with new ideas and suggestions. Ours has air con. pantry,duel batteries, duel spare tyres ect. The kitchen boasts a large stove top and ample storage , 12 volt water service , 100 ltr. water storage . We fitted 60 ltr Engel  fridge in CT and added 120 watt Ecomate solar panels to service fridge for the sunny days and also pack a Bush Power 50 amp charger to run off gen set when needed so no matter rain hail or shine we have a way to keep beer cold  :cheers:. The tug { BT 50 Duel cab )has sliding drawers to give us the storage to cover what CT can't handle and we have a Weaco 60 ltr. fridge fitted on slide in tug hooked up to 120 a\h batterie in tug which i can also plug into solar panels also. Sorry i'm getting away from Ecomate CT........So far we love this camper trailer..It's easy to erect and take down no dramas ...love the lounge area and the main bed is easily accessed as well as the lounge that can convert to a double bed which i have slept in...mb slightly small but manageable....fine for a couple kids i suggest. Over all we love this and being our first CT and our last are happy to recommend the Ecomate. and we are not affiliated with Ecomate in any way shape or form. Any more info you feel you need to ask feel free to message me.

Cheers Tracker.

Good luck with your choice . :cheers:

Offline wilson79

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2015, 09:17:15 AM »
             G'Day White Beast......Yes have had it out but haven't had the whole awning up as yet, just the day awning. We went to Claieview for a few days.....and loved it. We have the Ecomate forward fold with all the bells and whistles that could be had with this model and the guys in Rocky are continually changing there design as there customers come up with new ideas and suggestions. Ours has air con. pantry,duel batteries, duel spare tyres ect. The kitchen boasts a large stove top and ample storage , 12 volt water service , 100 ltr. water storage . We fitted 60 ltr Engel  fridge in CT and added 120 watt Ecomate solar panels to service fridge for the sunny days and also pack a Bush Power 50 amp charger to run off gen set when needed so no matter rain hail or shine we have a way to keep beer cold  :cheers:. The tug { BT 50 Duel cab )has sliding drawers to give us the storage to cover what CT can't handle and we have a Weaco 60 ltr. fridge fitted on slide in tug hooked up to 120 a\h batterie in tug which i can also plug into solar panels also. Sorry i'm getting away from Ecomate CT........So far we love this camper trailer..It's easy to erect and take down no dramas ...love the lounge area and the main bed is easily accessed as well as the lounge that can convert to a double bed which i have slept in...mb slightly small but manageable....fine for a couple kids i suggest. Over all we love this and being our first CT and our last are happy to recommend the Ecomate. and we are not affiliated with Ecomate in any way shape or form. Any more info you feel you need to ask feel free to message me.

Cheers Tracker.

Good luck with your choice . :cheers:

Hi Tracker, great to see you are also loving your Ecomate.. Would love to see some pics of your aircon set up and also pantry..
Regards,

Wilson79

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2015, 08:26:10 PM »
Hi Evo,

I'm in Brisbane, have been out at Modcon having a look. Very impressed with the trailer for the money but just checking a few things out before commiting to the purchase.

The Gold Coast show is on this weekend so I will go and have another look.

Cheers...
2010 SR5  Hilux
OME Suspension
ARB Bar
Warn Winch
Cooper AT3's

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2015, 08:43:34 PM »
Hi Tracker,

Thanks for the info. We have two kids, 5 and 3 year old, which I think this camper is great for.

We currently do lots of tent camping but ready for the upgrade. We are also planning a trip to the Flinders Ranges via Birdsville so keen to make sure the trailer will cope will rutted off road tracks. Whats your view on the suspension? When looking at trailers I ask myself the question - Would I take this trailer to the Cape and back?

Comments welcome on this??

Has anyone else done some proper off road trips with this trailer?

We plan to do other off road turing trips over the next couple of years as well as many beach trips - beach camping is the best!!

We are towing with a Hilux which I am currently also planning a suspension lift, bull bar, winch, canopy and comms.

Odd question - when the camper folds over the top of the front end do you hear any fan noise from the fridge below. Happy camping is a happy nights sleep for my wife!!

Cheers,

White Beast (soon to be towing).

2010 SR5  Hilux
OME Suspension
ARB Bar
Warn Winch
Cooper AT3's

Offline tracker

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2015, 03:03:41 AM »
Hi Tracker,

Thanks for the info. We have two kids, 5 and 3 year old, which I think this camper is great for.

We currently do lots of tent camping but ready for the upgrade. We are also planning a trip to the Flinders Ranges via Birdsville so keen to make sure the trailer will cope will rutted off road tracks. Whats your view on the suspension? When looking at trailers I ask myself the question - Would I take this trailer to the Cape and back?

Comments welcome on this??

Has anyone else done some proper off road trips with this trailer?

We plan to do other off road turing trips over the next couple of years as well as many beach trips - beach camping is the best!!

We are towing with a Hilux which I am currently also planning a suspension lift, bull bar, winch, canopy and comms.

Odd question - when the camper folds over the top of the front end do you hear any fan noise from the fridge below. Happy camping is a happy nights sleep for my wife!!

Cheers,

White Beast (soon to be towing).

We are leaving for the Cape in August for 4 weeks on the first major shake down for the Ecomate....I'm seriously thinking about changing shocks to a known brand and keeping originals as spares even though dealer assures me origanals are fine and maybe the hitch all of which he assures me is up to Aust standards....Other than these 2 issues i have no doubt about the ability to complete the trip. As for the fan noise of fridge below bed......no issues at all.... but i have a brand new Engel also ...so no real fan noise at all...but i don't feel it would be an issue ( if it was...mb another 3 beers will drown out the problem....just joking ) :o....  Hope this helps....... ;D ;D ;D
                                                                Cheers Tracker.

Offline tracker

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2015, 03:24:01 AM »
Hi Tracker, great to see you are also loving your Ecomate.. Would love to see some pics of your aircon set up and also pantry..

G'Day Wilson 79,

I will try to put up a pic of air con unit.....it is located in place of the storage unit at the base of the bed in the lounge area......nothing can be seen except 3 flexible hose outlets protruding from box which can be fitted with extensions to have the ability to point in different directions .....I was unsure of the ability of the air con to cool the CT but after we used it at Clairview C\park in new year...Brrrrrrrrr....i woke up through the night and had to turn it down.....It has a remote..... ;D ;D.....hope the pic shows all...as for the pantry you asked about...no pics of that at this point of time but all it is.....is a s\s sealed box which sits on fridge slide in front of Engle and the lid folds out 90 degs. to form a small bench top to work off...Hope this helps........Will take a pic next tim i open her up....

Cheers Tracker.

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2015, 09:10:28 PM »
Hi Tracker et al,

locked in my deal on the Ecomate last week at the Gold Coast Show.

Great camper and will get before a long weekend camping trip!!

Included D35 HITCH, solar panels, drawer upgrade and fridge.

Can't wait to take delivery and test out.

The Hilux is also getting some upgrades with dual battery, anderson plug, electric brakes and 12v outlets in the tub.

Bring on the Brisbane 4X4 show this weekend as I am after a suspension upgrade.

Life is for Living!!!
2010 SR5  Hilux
OME Suspension
ARB Bar
Warn Winch
Cooper AT3's