Author Topic: Swan outback 2013  (Read 19973 times)

Offline Smithyworld

• Tent User
Swan outback 2013
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2013, 04:48:08 PM »
Congrats to both of you.  Exciting and fun times ahead.

Our advice: make sure you do a REALLY thorough handover at pick up at Caravanland. Allow at least 3 hours to go over, under and into everything. It is worth taking the time.  This includes unrolling the bed end flys and making sure they are the right size and fit. Go through the complete set up and pack up with the Jayco mob.  Do a few set ups and pack ups at home on the front lawn, and a few close-to-home shake down trips.  Allow time for a few little warranty fix ups back at Jayco as invariably it happens.

We had a new 2011 Outback Swan and went through a bit of pain to get it all good to go.  In the end we moved to a hard floor KK as that suited our needs better, but a Swan is great for young families - you will love it.

If you delve back into some of the older posts on our blog you will see where we were able to take our Swan. http://teamstozz.com/
Happy (waiting and) camping!

:cheers:

Just had a bit of a read of ur blog about "the Dog". Love the Blue Healers and am really keen to get one. Just got to wait until we get a place with a bigger yard which will prob be next year. ;)

Chris and Angie
Ford Ranger Wildtrak & Jayco Outback Eagle 2013
Www.chrissmithphotography.com.au
Chris

Ford Ranger Wildtrak and Jayco Outback Eagle 2013

www.chrissmithphotography.com.au

Offline swanoutback2013

• Swag User
Re: Swan outback 2013
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2013, 05:48:37 PM »
Cheers for the advice stozz will definantly be on to it at pick up,yep  baggs the tents days are numbered

Offline swanoutback2013

• Swag User
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2013, 10:21:55 PM »
I've decided if I ever get told I've got three months to live I'm going to go out and order a new camper
Trailer, as it will make it feel like a life time  ;D

Offline Sicilianmama

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2013, 11:30:29 PM »
Congrats you will love the swan!
2007 Holden Rodeo with 2012 Jayco Swan Outback :)

Offline swanoutback2013

• Swag User
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2013, 10:55:08 PM »
Took a few pics of the 2013 swan outback in caravan land , should look like what's on it's way in july

Offline Hairs

• Get outside every day, Miracles are waiting everywhere
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • A door can be a jar, but a jar can not be a door??
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2013, 06:39:00 AM »
G'day swanoutback2013 & Family.

To Myswag,
Sweet looking setup guys.
As you have found, there is plent of great advice here to help you guys out.
Now to hook it up and get it dirty  ;D
Hope you enjoy your time here.
Happy & Safe travels.
You don't use magic to disappear, all you need is a 4wd & a Swag ;)

Offline swanoutback2013

• Swag User
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2013, 11:51:24 PM »
Under a month to go , can't bloody wait :cheers:

Offline Tjupurula

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2013, 11:41:33 PM »
To swanoutback2013,

Ha ha, we just did the last tent mission last week to Hamelin Bay as well, I'm hearing ya mate,  had the car packed to the rafters.

Yeah this our first camper, I think there will be a sacrificial burning of the tent when it arrives.

Stozz

Cheers for the heads up on pick up

What a waste, burning a tent.  If it needs a new home I am volunteering to give it a new home.  I promise you some of the kids around here would love something like that.
Regards
Tjupurula

Offline swanoutback2013

• Swag User
Swan outback 2013
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2013, 12:22:44 PM »
Got given the handover date and pick her up Friday morning , just a little bit excited

Offline chester ver2.0

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2013, 12:59:21 PM »
Congrats baggs i bet the family is pumped just like mine, we have booked kalbarri and momkey mia
For the october school holidays and were thinking denmark/esperence way for xmas break,we just back from a tenting weekend in lancelin and im tellin ya july cant come quick enough, if ive ever gotta pack up that bloody thing again it will be too soon,was very jealous of seeing all the jaycos rollin into the park.
Is this your first camper aswell?

If you are going to monkey mia stay at the denham caravan park rather than the monkey mia resort park as the facilities are nicer and it is only a 20 min drive to the resort anyway, kalbarri is awsome and we did esperence last xmas which was great staying in the national park for a couple of days of swimming
I Drink & I Know Things

Offline Tuffprada

• Sleeping Bag User
Swan outback 2013
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2013, 06:51:55 PM »
Currently in Denham ( shark bay) would def recommend staying @ Denham Seaside CP,  it's lovely clean and handy central location. Although saying that went out to Monkey Mia today and they are doing lots of renovations and its looking great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2012 Toyota Prado with OME 2 inch lift, dual batteries, ARB winch bull bar, Safari snorkel, BF ATs, Hayman Reece tow bar (look better then the factory job), Hella Rallye 4000 & 2012 Jayco Swan Outback with a dingy on top.

Offline Topender

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2013, 07:27:09 PM »
Got given the handover date and pick her up Friday morning , just a little bit excited

:worthles:

What no pictures yet...........come on!!!!!! ;D Did you get the air con?

Dave
Nissan X-trail TL dci & 2012 Jayco Outback Swan

Offline swanoutback2013

• Swag User
Swan outback 2013
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2013, 10:16:07 AM »
No mate didn't get the air con , picked her up everything seems good had a small issue with the outdoor gas bayonet position but we got that sorted in general handover went well,have started a few small mods , added a second 120a/h battery linked to the factory 100a/h and ran an Anderson plug to the outside frame to plug in the solar panels.put a pole carrier on the a frame but I'm thinking now either adding a second one or going for a custom checker plate pole carrier as all the poles don't fit in one pipe, had our first night "camping" out in the front yard and me and the family are absolutely luvin it.

Offline swanoutback2013

• Swag User
Swan outback 2013
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2013, 11:21:17 AM »
More pics

Offline swanoutback2013

• Swag User
Swan outback 2013
« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2013, 11:22:46 AM »
Pics

Offline swanoutback2013

• Swag User
Swan outback 2013
« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2013, 11:38:27 AM »
M

Offline Topender

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2013, 01:31:46 PM »
No mate didn't get the air con , picked her up everything seems good had a small issue with the outdoor gas bayonet position but we got that sorted in general handover went well,have started a few small mods , added a second 120a/h battery linked to the factory 100a/h and ran an Anderson plug to the outside frame to plug in the solar panels.put a pole carrier on the a frame but I'm thinking now either adding a second one or going for a custom checker plate pole carrier as all the poles don't fit in one pipe, had our first night "camping" out in the front yard and me and the family are absolutely luvin it.

http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=29481.0 If you look at this Thread and see the photos I posted it may help you with your pole issues.  Our pole holder only carries the awning poles. Love the photos.
Nissan X-trail TL dci & 2012 Jayco Outback Swan

Offline swanoutback2013

• Swag User
Swan outback 2013
« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2013, 09:34:25 PM »
Currently in Denham ( shark bay) would def recommend staying @ Denham Seaside CP,  it's lovely clean and handy central location. Although saying that went out to Monkey Mia today and they are doing lots of renovations and its looking great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
sounds good mate we will be there in october

Offline swanoutback2013

• Swag User
Swan outback 2013
« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2013, 09:40:12 PM »

Offline pinkmia

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2013, 06:50:18 AM »
Nice Pics
just makes me want to see mine more .
Jayco swan 2013 OB
100 series TD 5 speed

LondonVelvet

« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2013, 03:19:22 PM »
Can't wait for mine to arrive...
Yours looks so well decked out.
I'm now pondering matching doona covers, crockery, saucepans etc, etc.
The list goes on and on.
I'll share some photos once we're all set up.

Offline swanoutback2013

• Swag User
Swan outback 2013
« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2013, 11:21:29 AM »
When do you get it mate

Offline Tricky Ricky

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #47 on: September 19, 2013, 03:45:12 PM »
Hi we have ordered our 2013 flamingo from camperland Brisbane. We have had tents and camper trailer kids have all but left home so we are getting back into camping. Did not know if to go for Jayco van or Jayco camper did not like the closed in feel of van camper is so open.Good to see this site has some good hints and ideals. We did get air con hope this is a good thing salesman said not to install but other people said it is a must have. We have to wait now till Dec this year or Jan next year to pick up. Have put all extras we can and think we may use have not looked at extra battery ?  Maybe something to think about we are towing with a 2008 Holden Captiva hope this works ok with extra water tank & air & annex walls & other add on's still should be under towing maximum. Any tricks or upgrades that may think  :cheers:will help make camping Easy and more fun would be a great help Thanks Rick.  :cheers:

Offline Swannie

• Are we there yet
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #48 on: September 19, 2013, 04:02:38 PM »
Hi we have ordered our 2013 flamingo from camperland Brisbane. We have had tents and camper trailer kids have all but left home so we are getting back into camping. Did not know if to go for Jayco van or Jayco camper did not like the closed in feel of van camper is so open.Good to see this site has some good hints and ideals. We did get air con hope this is a good thing salesman said not to install but other people said it is a must have. We have to wait now till Dec this year or Jan next year to pick up. Have put all extras we can and think we may use have not looked at extra battery ?  Maybe something to think about we are towing with a 2008 Holden Captiva hope this works ok with extra water tank & air & annex walls & other add on's still should be under towing maximum. Any tricks or upgrades that may think  :cheers:will help make camping Easy and more fun would be a great help Thanks Rick.  :cheers:

ou wont regret the aircon mate, if it keeps the wife happy

Swannie
1994 80 series RV Land Cruiser  (Frank the Tank)
2015 200 series gxl TTD (Bruiser The Cruiser)
2015 Jayco Starcraft 17:58-3 OB (Starsky)

Offline Tricky Ricky

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #49 on: September 19, 2013, 06:16:39 PM »
Thanks happy wife happy life !