Author Topic: Not long now!!!  (Read 2609 times)

Offline Blackcarbon

• Learning the Ropes
Not long now!!!
« on: November 03, 2012, 07:24:35 AM »
Hi all I've been stalknig on here for a while like what usualy happins by the look of it but we have bit the bullet and purchased a Mountain Trail Camper Expidition model through the guys at Oppisite Lock in Midland Perth, we put our order in about 5 weeks ago and it has landed and gong through rego stuff and hopefully the handover will be on Tuesday. Was hoping earlier as I go back to work on Wednesday but the weather this weekend is rubbish any way.
So  through the whole build process I've also been in contact with Nick at MTC in Albury Wadonga an have put together something to suit and so far not much has been any dramas.
Hand over day they will be doing the Anderson plug and went with the RedArc Remote head Brake controller for our Navara.
This is our first camper, but been avid tenters for years but just as we have become parents with a 3 month old little girl we went the whole hog and seen the quality of these CT and just had to order, so this will be our new baby aswell and we Soooo can't wait for summer over here in the west

Offline krisandkev

• Hard Floor Camper User
Re: Not long now!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2012, 07:31:11 AM »
Looks like a very nice camper.  You won't be roughing it too much.   :cup:
I can imagine you cannot wait for your first trip and then many more.  Well done.

Kevin
Kris and Kev
2008 TTD Landcruiser 200 GXL, Aust Off Road Camper, 20ft Bushtracker.

bunyip

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2012, 09:19:31 AM »
Welcome Blackcarbon,

Congrats on the two new family members, I am sure both will give you lots of memories over the coming years.

Once you have picked up the trailer you will have a maximum of about 5 seconds before you will get  :worthles: .

You have probably realised by now (if you have been lurking) that this is one of the friendliest places on the interweb, sit back and enjoy  :cheers:

Bunyip

KingBilly

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2012, 11:10:07 PM »
Welcome to the forum.

Did someone say  :worthles:

Happy camping
KB
The following users thanked this post: oldmate

Offline Heiny

• "All who wander are not lost"
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2012, 07:12:14 AM »
Hi Blackcarbon and welcome to My Swag

:cheers: Brett
NM Pajero GLS 3.2 DiD manual
2008 Jayco Flamingo Outback

Offline Hairs

• Get outside every day, Miracles are waiting everywhere
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • A door can be a jar, but a jar can not be a door??
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2012, 09:04:45 AM »
G'day Blackcarbon,

To MySwag,
Congrats on your camper purchase, Your little girl will love camping, as will any other kids you may have in years to come.
Camping is the greatest family activity I reckon. Our kids have been camping since they could crawl. The eldest is now 14 and the youngest is 10, one in the middle at 12.
Heaps of great info here to help you guys set up you camper and heaps of trip reports to get you out there using your camper.
Hope you guys enjoy your time here.
Happy & Safe travels.
You don't use magic to disappear, all you need is a 4wd & a Swag ;)

Offline martz8

• Swag User
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2012, 09:25:08 PM »
Hi Blackcarbon and welcome to My Swag. Hurry up with the pics.

Marty

Offline Blackcarbon

• Learning the Ropes
Not long now!!!
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2012, 10:41:57 PM »
Hi thanx for the welcome I feel all warm and fuzzy,
Well got the trailer home yesterday after an hour tow and My poor old Navara D22 knows its on the back but nothing that a chip and exhaust won't fix till a vehicle upgrade in a few years. Got home opened her up and put in our mattress and made the bed, gorked at her beauty put her away and flew to work for a week so really keen for next break. Soon as I work out how to post pics I will

Offline Blackcarbon

• Learning the Ropes
Not long now!!!
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2012, 11:08:12 PM »

There's one I think !!!