Author Topic: Looking for a paddock or similar in toowoomba region.  (Read 1455 times)

Offline _Gecko_

• Tent User
Looking for a paddock or similar in toowoomba region.
« on: June 22, 2014, 03:19:20 PM »
Hello fellow myswaggers,
Well things have been a roller coaster ride for us so far in our 16 months on the road, we have decided to take a different route with work and need a quiet spot to stop and recalculate.
We have just made a rather big outlay for our new venture and was wondering if anyone in the toowoomba area had a paddock they wouldnt mind a fellow myswagger set up stumps for a week or two.
Would rather it out in 'nowhere' with no close buildings so we could run a gennie if needed or where it is safe to leave solar panels out.
Just trying to sort out the market ring for qld, and get our set up sorted to make some cash.
Willing to offer a hand with any work needing to be done.
We have been renovating in Nundah so this new business is totally out side the box of what we have been doing so we were just trying to get a plan sorted, in a place that isnt chewing through our savings.
I know this is a huge ask, but no harm in asking i always say.
Gecko and Dex.
*XF Panelvan, Home Built Trailer, a Tent and my Girl. Living on the road since Feb 2013. So far we have driven Tas/Vic/Nsw, done over 10 000km's and counting.

Offline _Gecko_

• Tent User
Re: Looking for a paddock or similar in toowoomba region.
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 10:16:46 AM »
Just to let you know the only mark of us being there would be a flat square in the grass.
Take nothing but photos and leave just foot prints.
Kinda needing to be near some phone reception so we can sort work and other things.
We were staying in an area with no signal.
Thanks in advance.
Gecko & Dex
*XF Panelvan, Home Built Trailer, a Tent and my Girl. Living on the road since Feb 2013. So far we have driven Tas/Vic/Nsw, done over 10 000km's and counting.

Offline Mrs smith

• Soft Floor Camper User
Re: Looking for a paddock or similar in toowoomba region.
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2014, 10:39:46 AM »
Not sure if this helps you, but many country rec reserves/ show grounds or ovals have sites available that might suit your needs. If you can find a nearby town that has an annual show they will have larger area's available for horse and cattle truck parking sometimes quite a few acre's.
Good luck with it.