Author Topic: CT vs Caravan  (Read 1820 times)

Offline yumpet

• Sleeping Bag User
CT vs Caravan
« on: April 13, 2014, 12:57:34 PM »
Hey guys i have a lifestyle platinum camper and i have always had in the back of my mind i would like a Jayco dove style caravan, there is 6 of us in the family, i use my CT for local trips but i also want to be able to go out west etc (we are planning to go to Uluru this year some time) and i need something that will take on some rough roads etc, Will a jayco take on these outback roads like my CT would? whats the chance of finding someone who would be keen to swap a CT for a van?

Thanks
04 Patrol dragging a lifestyle platinum on coils

Offline Malcolm Tugless

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Are we there yet ?
Re: CT vs Caravan
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 02:02:12 PM »
In short the Jayco camper will do the job. CT's (depending on manufacture) are arguably more robust and they do handle corrugations better. Thats not rocket science, considering the CT is a metal trailer with a tent on top, regardless of how many bells and whistles it has. Whereas the Jayco has an aluminium frame and cabinetry to take into consideration when contemplating road conditions.

The purists and Jayco haters will tell you different though. Thats to be expected.

Six up you say, thats a few, can you squish em all into a Jayco (lets say) Eagle ? They proclaim to sleep 6, thats 2 per bed, and the dinette isn't all that big. You could whack the annex up (walls and all), that'd house the clan. It wouldn't be any slower than a CT.

The Jayco is off the ground, thats a big bonus. The quick setup is great for overnighters too. On the other hand, when setup the CT would have far more room for the mob to congregate in.

I love Jayco campers, they're clever little things, practical too.

At the end of the day you have to decide on the usage, weigh up the pros and cons and make the decision based on your requirements.

As for swapping ... the best way to do that would be to swap the CT for cash and the cash for a  Jayco camper.

nbd73

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2014, 02:04:22 PM »

As for swapping ... the best way to do that would be to swap the CT for cash and the cash for a  Jayco camper.
LMAO!! ;D ;D

Offline BBwilly

• Tent User
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2014, 04:59:59 PM »
In Camperland from my months of looking I have found the following all worth a look.
Jayco
Coromal
Quest
Goldstream

Pricing seems to be in about the order as well.

Offline createit

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2014, 06:45:27 PM »
Hi Yumpet,  I will soon have our 2011 Dove outback with simplicity suspension and a whole range of other additions - zerosecta's stone guard, aussie traveller coolabah awning with two side shades,  truma gas heater, water tank with tap to a frame, gas point added to rear,  I have all lights as led's, 100ah battery,  stereo, three pole tubes, checker plate toolbox, reverse camera Anderson lead from car direct to battery and inner spring mattresses.  We are using it one more time over Easter and will then advertise it to sell to make room for our new expanda outback on order.  We love it and the layout and find it has heaps of storage.  I am in Melbourne if you are near by and might be interested in a look.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 06:53:43 PM by createit »