Author Topic: Moving back to Brisbane, 1 Month trip  (Read 1601 times)

Offline Zippa92

• Learning the Ropes
Moving back to Brisbane, 1 Month trip
« on: December 26, 2013, 04:34:20 AM »
Hi All,

Tomorrow we move back to Brisbane from Perth.  We have been in Perth for the last 12 months, where I am originally from and have decided to move back to Brisbane, where my wife is from and where we already own a house.

The journey starts in the morning, with me, SWMBO, 5.5 year old, another turning 4 on the trip and a just gone 2 year old. Also along the way, when we get to Adelaide the in-laws fly in to continue with us on the trip.

When we did this trip 12 months ago all 3 kids enjoyed the camping trip which 12 nights. The return trip will start in the morning and we are to arrive in Brisbane on the 22nd of January.  Tomorrow will be Perth to Denmark, then to Esperance for at least 1 night.

We need to be in Adelaide to pick up the in-laws from the airport on the 2nd.

We have a Lifestyle Extenda, which we purchased last year before the trip to Perth and towed by our NS diesel Pajero.  Over the last 2 weeks or so, my brother (auto electrician) and myself have been adding LED lights to the tool box, battery and gas bottle compartments and also in the main tub of the trailer.  As well as adding work lights to the roof rack we have also changed a halogen work light telescopic stand to have LED work lights for the annexe area, and also changed to cabling for the solar panels to 6mm and made it longer.

I will also try to get some photos of the electrical additions in the next day or so.

Mike

Offline HEM19X

• Hard Top Camper User
  • If I agree with you, then we would both be wrong!
Re: Moving back to Brisbane, 1 Month trip
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2013, 05:00:12 AM »
Travel Safe Mike, I bet it's gunna be Hot, Hot, Hot!!

Regards

Hem
2019 BT50 with custom canopy and lots of fruit. Towing a 2014 Lotus Freelander [welcome to the dark side]

Offline Garfish

• Mini Marlin
  • Soft Floor Camper User
  • Have fun and enjoy
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2013, 06:30:01 AM »
Enjoy the trip.   And  :cheers:

Ross
No camper or 4x4 😪

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2013, 06:34:42 AM »
Nothing like skipping across the paddock in summer with 3 ruggies  , & the words drilled into your brain .
  " ARE WE THERE YET ?????"   Enjoy
 1 other thing to do in your spare time  :worthles:

:cheers:
You can go your own way . Treg Up & Make Dust

Offline Zippa92

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2013, 08:58:09 AM »
Thanks all,

And Speewa, I realised I forgot to put in the initial post that I had put in 2 x 9" replacement head rests before last years journey, since the in-laws will be with us, I put 2 more for the very back seats where the oldest 2 will sit.  We also put in wireless reversing cameras, 1 in the bumper to help reversing to the trailer and to see if kids are behind the car, and the other on the licence plate of the trailer, wired to park lights so we can see behind the trailer when driving. We also added more cigarette lighters and changed the tail lights to LED's.

Have to go,  as we need to get driving.

Mike

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Offline KieranR

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2013, 09:17:30 AM »
could i recommend some Pink FLoyd - Dark side of the moon for some tunes to drown out the kids in the back!! 8)

Offline Zippa92

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2013, 05:26:56 PM »
Cricket is working at the moment :)

Mike

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk