Author Topic: Don't use Kerry's Automotive when in Darwin  (Read 5649 times)

Offline Yoda42

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Beagle kisses don't grow hair
    • Travels With Beagles Blog
Don't use Kerry's Automotive when in Darwin
« on: September 13, 2013, 04:11:23 PM »
Just put my dealer on notice, the last straw to day while packing for a weekend camping, the rear power socket was dead, checked the fuse, all good, after checking socket with multi meter, dead, pop the trim and find socket unplugged, this explains the scratch on the inside of the rear passengers side window and the black sticky stuff on the right (goo under the rear hatch seal), the Fing 2 year old they had work on my GC last (had rear shocks replaced again) thought the rear shock mount was behind the trim, this F wit also put holes in 2 wheel nut chrome covers and drove the GC with the rear inner felt down and wore a hole in it, this is on top of in the last 2 years, damaged rear hatch trim installing the reverse camera, damaged the trim while replacing it (I had to install the 3rd lot in front of the service manager because they could not figure out how with our damage), at the 10,000km service they had no oil filters in stock, they left the rear suspension cradle bolts loose after replacing rear diff mount (found this out after 300km towing camper for a weekend away), they crossed over the fuel return lines after replacing the intake manifold( return lines are plastic so would of rubbed throw each other some time down the track ) then this last sh$t this is the last straw, they have until Monday to come up with a reason why I don't sent letters to Jeep AU, MTAA, ACCC and every news paper, motoring mag and caravan mag in OZ, if your ever in Darwin stay well away from Kerry's Automotive, they literally will put your life at risk with their dodgy work
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo, 2 beagles & an Lifestyle Reconn
http://travelswithbeagles.blogspot.com

Online Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
Re: Don't use Kerry's Automotive when in Darwin
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2013, 04:15:04 PM »
Its a jeep thing.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline berlitza

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2013, 04:43:36 PM »
ahhhh you bought a Jeep   ;D ,,,,   there's a muppet or two in every work place, most of the time it's just out of pure laziness that they don't do things the correct way.
All my life, I thought air was free...until I bought a bag of chips

scarps

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2013, 05:05:14 PM »

Its a jeep thing.
you wouldn't understand:-)

Man Yoda, that sucks. Some people just don't appreciate other's pride and joy.
They're probably used to working on Nissotas where it doesn't matter what u damage as it just adds battle scars.

Offline oldmate

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2013, 05:38:25 PM »
Language warning on this one (opps thanks, forgot to add the language warning :) thanks mods.  )

Commercial Makeovers - I bought a Jeep - YouTube Small | Large

« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 08:13:24 AM by oldmate »
Our Blog. A work in progress
https://www.facebook.com/UltimateAdventuresBlog/

Offline bushbandit

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Oh To Be On The Wallaby
2013 Mitsubishi Triton GLR 4x4
2015 Jayco Swift Outback

Offline Yoda42

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2013, 09:13:06 AM »
Too funny Scarps if only I could divorce my dealer 

Offline JonnyB

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2013, 09:22:06 AM »
Know them well! Heed Yoda's advice and stay well away from them. >:(

Offline JCOJ

• 2019 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2013, 11:12:43 AM »
It's a Jeep Thing - You Wouldn't Understand (not even the dealers or their mechanics do!!)

Offline TOPNDR

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2013, 08:25:57 PM »
Ah Yoda, I can only commiserate with you. 14 years in Darwin, 2 Patrols and they're a Nissan agent as well.

Unlike Craig Thompson, Kerry's couldn't organise a r@@t in a brothel.  If you're bored, and want some free entertainment, go to Kerry's Service Dept office about 4pm. And just sith and watch all the pissed off customers arguing with the staff over jobs not done, not done correctly, bills incorrect, etc. etc.

The idiots spent a day working on my patrol and when I collected it, they'd changed the wrong part!  >:(
'09 VX TTD Cruiser:- 6 speed auto, 650 nm torque plus bling
'09 Australian Off Road Quantum

Offline t303

• Swag User
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2013, 09:56:10 PM »
Hmmm,  Kerry's.
A towie I know got a call to take a Holden 4wd ute back to this establishment after Kerry's had a blue with the owner over a drivetrain vibration that was the end result of some major work that they had done on the vehicle.  The two parties subsequently came to an agreement and this towie was engaged to return the vehicle to Kerry's.  Some time after the towie gets a call from the customer saying that one front cv boot was torn and the driveshaft bent because (as explained by Kerry's) it had been winched onto the tray with a hook on the driveshaft.  Now this guy has been doing this for quite a while and knows he didn't do any such thing.  Repair bill is absolutely ridiculous, perhaps they decided that they had found a patsy to cover the cost of their clusterF**k!  This is just the latest in a list of tales that go back years (google it, there might still be a few still floating around on the net from years past about willful dishonesty  eg  http://www.motorsm.com/AUS/cars/complaints_corner_q.asp#638;  http://www.productreview.com.au/r/mazda-dealers/312729.html ).  Trust them at your peril.  They sell every vehicle brand from A to Z and know jack about any of them.

Offline toonfisha

• Sleeping Bag User
  • travel long and far
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2013, 09:58:41 PM »
Thanks for the heads up
enjoying Australias great land of plenty

Offline cruisindub

• Volksing Matilda. We Love Our Matilda.
  • Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2013, 11:20:13 PM »
All jeep jokes aside,

After the first 'mishap' it seems to read that went back there again..... Maybe a bit of clarification?

After the first drama, not sure I would have gone back again.....?
Why do people ask "What the hell were you thinking?"
Obviously I was thinking I was going to get away with it and not have to explain it....

nbd73

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2013, 06:28:00 AM »
All jeep jokes aside,

After the first 'mishap' it seems to read that went back there again..... Maybe a bit of clarification?

After the first drama, not sure I would have gone back again.....?
Maybe something to do with the warranty. I bought my last vehicle (coincidentally a Jeep) with an aftermarket warranty from a dealer, their words "the vehicle MUST be serviced here every 6mths/10000km or it is void". I said that's rubbish, what if I move or live a long way from the place of purchase. In the end they agreed that if I was to get the vehicle serviced at a manufacturer's workshop they couldn't possibly void the warranty (found out at the expiry of said warranty that I could in fact have taken it to any licensed mechanic, but that's another story).
I fully sympathise with the OP, went thru similar disasters with the Jeep and dealer, now mentally scarred for life and never again will I buy the brand from that dealer.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 06:30:49 AM by nbd73 »

Offline Big Nath

• "hows ya bum for grubs"
  • Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2013, 07:04:26 AM »
I used to sell cars at Kerry's. the service dept is rubbish. I don't know how many customers we saw fighting with the service advisers.

Make a fool of Kerry. He is the boss of the AANT. So send a letter to them and tear him a new a$$. You can also take it further within the organisation. Call reception and ask for Greg abmrose-Pearce. He is Kerry's son and is now the GM

NAKED 2012 Pathfinder ST in Auto, Scan Guage, Polyair Airbags, 80CH Uniden UHF, Leisure Matters Camper!

Offline Yoda42

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2013, 09:23:00 PM »
I have only ever had 1 service done by Kerry's and they didn't even have the oil filter for it, they never see it except for warranty work which they f$&k up every time and damage the car, the next nearest dealer is in Alice springs only 1400km away it's almost getting so it might be worth the drive