Author Topic: Disgusting behaviour by campertrailer manufacturers  (Read 17966 times)

crackacoldie

Re: Disgusting behaviour by campertrailer manufacturers
« Reply #50 on: August 08, 2013, 07:53:00 AM »
I fully support Brett's decision.  I think it needs to go one step further and the reference to "The camper that shall not be named" should be removed from signature lines, avatars and profiles.  If this particular company wishes to be annonimous, then a complete removal of reference from forums will do more damage to their business than having negative comments posted.

When I am researching a product I google it, generally if the only response I find is advertising, then I have some alarm bells ring.

I think the smart way for this company to improve their reputation would be to improve quality and customer service, not bully their customers to only say good about them.

Offline ap

• Tent User
« Reply #51 on: August 08, 2013, 08:19:28 AM »
It is interesting the difference in approach demonstrated by different companies to comments raised on forums that they don't like. 

There was a recent thread here that raised some concerns about a certain brand of bull bar.  That company joined in and showed a real desire to investigate and try and sort the issue out, which they were able to do.  The result is a very positive outcome for all involved, the person with the issue got it sorted out (even though it was of a third party's making as I recall) and the company demonstrated a real commitment to their products that will probably result in increased sales for them, a true win - win.  Perhaps "the company who cannot be named" should consider adopting a similar approach rather than the very negative one that they have chosen to follow.

One word of caution, are we confident that the use of "Voldemort" is not going to offend JK Rowling?  After all, she has a history of (successfully) taking legal action against people and has plenty of cash behind her to be able to do it  ;D

Offline noel_w

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Welcoming Mexicans to SEQ since 2015
« Reply #52 on: August 08, 2013, 08:29:32 AM »
I feel sorry for those people who own Voldemort trailers.
Will this ultimately mean they will not have the right to post about their own CT on here anymore?

I can see in the future there might be Malfoy CT's, Bellatrix Explorers, Deatheater Rearfolds etc etc if this madness continues.
I fully support Brett in this but Bully Boy tactics never end nicely. Lawyers are the only winners here.
TUG=GU ST 2012 Ute, CT = Modcon Imperial HF
We have to start thinking about what sort of a world we are going to leave for Keith Richards after we are all gone.

Offline weeds

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #53 on: August 08, 2013, 08:58:46 AM »
i too feel for the members that own these trailers who would feel a little left out on the forum now as they cannot show off their pride and joy. where do they go for advice now or discuss the trailer?

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #54 on: August 08, 2013, 09:03:00 AM »
Gee you have an early night for a change and look what happens.

It is amusing to see companies hiding behind 'the law' to defend themselves against social media rather than address actual customer concerns. They intimidate the small guys and not the big guys, I am sure they didn't send Facebook, Google & Bing a cease and desist. As we're all aware the artefacts are out there for all to see and easy to find, remember the 4x4show vs. 'insert another 3 letter acronym here' recently.

Brett and the admins you have done the right thing now let's get on with talking about campers and camping!
I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline cm4x4nut

• Kimberly Kamper
  • Global Moderator
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #55 on: August 08, 2013, 09:26:35 AM »
This thread is done as it could also be seen as feeding a fire that is NOT to be fed.

Anyone who has any of these comments in their signature lines MUST remove and clean it up, or we will have to clean it up for you.

There is no room for negotiation on this as Brett has stated.
Cheers, Craig