Author Topic: Trackabout Safari SV Extender  (Read 5397 times)

Offline yumpet

• Sleeping Bag User
Trackabout Safari SV Extender
« on: May 04, 2013, 04:10:29 PM »
just window shopping and seen the SV extender.........wow that kitchen is nicer then the kitchen in my house! Glad the cook hasnt seen that or id be getting myself into even more debt to buy a new camper!!!!

http://trackabout.com.au/listing/safari-sv-extenda/
04 Patrol dragging a lifestyle platinum on coils

KingBilly

Re: Trackabout Safari SV Extender
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2013, 05:54:38 PM »
Yep, have to agree that those new Drifta kitchens are a good looking unit.  Oh, and the Trackabout is a damn fine unit.

KB

scarps

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2013, 08:09:09 PM »
Yep, have to agree that those new Drifta kitchens are a good looking unit.  Oh, and the Trackabout is a damn fine unit.

KB
Agree, on both counts

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Offline PeaBrainPete

• Swag User
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2013, 07:12:08 AM »
I can report: house leaks when storm from certain direction, Trackabout no leaks. Kitchen at home three out of four rings work, oven has to be held closed with broom tea towel device to work properly, Drifta just works (sorry Steve jobs), bed at home - lumpy, Trackabout inner spring - comfy. Kids bedroom blinds clatter and leak light,  tent nice and dark in the morning - kids sleep in when we camp. 

House 0, Trackabout 5 - oh and you can move it!

I am off to become a Bedouin.
Oooh! Goldfish!

Offline Clouty

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2013, 07:29:57 AM »
They are a nice camper indeed..  :cheers:

Offline Matto

• Don't Follow Me - I Won't Make It
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2013, 12:15:05 PM »
We have the stainless tailgate kitchen in ours, and I've been sorely tempted to rip it out and replace it with the slide-our Drifta unit. I love the stainless kitchen, but I suspect the drifta unit would be even better. Especially with the bench space and the fridge.

Cheers,
Matto :)
"I have a bunch of junk that is not any better than yours." - MoGas - ExPo member #226.

Offline BigJules

• Administrator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Just Cruisin' - I wish...
    • I'm so much cooler online :D
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2013, 01:37:05 PM »
It is a beautiful thing. Can't wait to use mine...
Julian
Land Cruiser V8 + Trackabout Safari SV Extenda
MySwag Gallery, Photobucket
Sydney Agent for www.trackabout.com.au
Mallee Gear - Tough as nails

Offline Barrabart

• "Queenslander forever, forever Queenslander"
  • Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2013, 02:50:40 AM »
Yep, a Trackabout with a Drifta Kitchen.............. just doesn't get much better. :cup:
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 03:05:46 AM by Barrabart »
Trackabout Safari towed by an old HJ75 Cruiser Tray Back.. Lovin'it!!!

Offline Swogjb

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2013, 09:00:39 AM »
Been thinking the kids are old enough to go back to a traditional type of camper. (I think I have SWMBO convinced as well >:D)
I really do like the look of the trackabout extendas they look awesome.
What is the quick overnight stop set up time for one?
 :cheers:
Glenn

Toyata Landcruiser TD 200 GXL
Trackabout Safari SV Extenda

Offline Matto

• Don't Follow Me - I Won't Make It
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2013, 09:22:18 AM »
What is the quick overnight stop set up time for one?
Hi Glenn,

Ours is an earlier model Extenda - the new ones have an internal "swinging bow kit", which makes set up considerably quicker. On ours though, for an overnight stop we can be set up in about 10-15 mins. Tent setup is a lot faster - that's a go-to-whoa time including winding down the stabiliser legs, setting up the kitchen, etc.

In practice it's hugely fast to set up for an overnighter if you're leaving it connected to the car. The tent is free-standing, so you don't need to peg anything out unless you're expecting wind or rain. We leave our annex roof folded back over the main tent - again fine if there's no wind. If still hitched up we tend not to bother with the rear stabiliser legs - the weight of the car holds the front down well enough if the site is pretty level. Flop the tent over, swing out the kitchen, connect the gas bottle and pull out a chair.

We have ours set up inside with LED lights and such, so it's all ready to go out of the box. I find the things that take the longest are all the additional non-integrated things - chairs, tables, lights, portacot, etc - all the misc little other things that you've got to get out and set up individually. The more you can integrate to the main camper itself, the quicker you'll be.

I'm not going to lie to you - the Extendas are absolutely awesome. They're longer than normal, so you need to keep that in mind, but the extra space is well worth it to me every time we go away.

Good luck,
Matto :)
"I have a bunch of junk that is not any better than yours." - MoGas - ExPo member #226.

Offline Barrabart

• "Queenslander forever, forever Queenslander"
  • Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2013, 07:12:05 PM »
I find the things that take the longest are all the additional non-integrated things - chairs, tables, lights, portacot, etc - all the misc little other things that you've got to get out and set up individually.

This is so true Matto,,,,,,, i always find it amusing when reading posts/threads on CT set up times, especially the ones where it get's to be like a timed race of Olympic Standard........... actuall set up /pack up of the CT is the easiest bit....... it's all the other crap like you mentioned above and also, wet towells, drain fuel from Chainsaw, kids clothes spread about, kids swags need rolling up, the "who the hell left this plate and cups over here, that now needs to be washed up" or "who the hell put the milk back in the fridge upside down with the lid not tight" and don't forget where's little Johhnys favourite pillow, or did i pack my wallet and keys away in the CT??? ;D ;D......... Ahh the joys of it all!! ;D ;D
Trackabout Safari towed by an old HJ75 Cruiser Tray Back.. Lovin'it!!!