Author Topic: NRL 2018  (Read 32874 times)

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
NRL 2018
« on: March 13, 2018, 10:32:56 AM »
Go the Roosters.

-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
Re: NRL 2018
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2018, 10:36:06 AM »
Full steam ahead... I know the sharks are irrelevant but ... :D

New ARL Commission chairman Peter Beattie has apologised for his Cronulla Sharks gaffe, putting it down to a case of nerves.

The former Queensland premier and self-described lifelong rugby league fan appeared unable to name the Cronulla NRL side in an interview with commentator Phil Gould on

New ARL Commission chairman Peter Beattie has apologised for his Cronulla Sharks gaffe, putting it down to a case of nerves.

Beattie subsequently laughed off the incident as a case of not getting Gould's joke and pointed out he went into the Sharks' dressing sheds following Friday's loss to North Queensland in Townsville.

"This was me Saturday night with the Sharks' coach," Beattie posted to social media with a photo of him and Shane Flanagan minutes after the interview aired on the Nine Network's 100% Footy.

"Yes I stuffed up the answer; just nervous in front of the great Phil Gould.

"Yeah I'm human. I had a mental blank. The price of doing the NRL & the Commonwealth Games at the same time !! Thanks Gus for having me on the show."

In a gaffe reminiscent of his predecessor John Grant, Beattie appeared unable to identify the NRL side which plays out of the Sutherland Shire.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/new-footy-boss-apologises-for-blanking-on-cronulla-s-team-name-20180313-p4z42j.html
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Pete79

• Hard Top Camper User
NRL 2018
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2018, 11:20:12 AM »
Was going to put this in the what made you smile thread, but on 9’s alternative footy show last night was the number 1 grub him self, Paul Gallen trying to say that the Sharks aren’t grubs.
That was almost as hilarious as him keeping a straight face while saying that he has never had a coach tell him to or has he ever taken it upon himself to deliberately target an injured opponent..

Yeah good one mate...
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 11:22:16 AM by Pete79 »

Offline weeds

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2018, 12:00:18 PM »
I don’t follow NRL week to week, AFL I do.......

But......I used to tune into the NRL footy show from time to time as it was entertaining and a bit of fin and a little bit of footy thrown in....I missed the first footy show this year and by the sounds of it I didn’t miss much as it nothing like it used to be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
The following users thanked this post: Craig Tomkinson

Offline ewoksta

• Swag User
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2018, 12:38:11 PM »
Go the Roosters.

Hahaha. Great start losing to the Tigers!!  :cheers:
07 Dual Cab Navara
2012 Central Coast camper "Show Special"

Offline rockrat

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2018, 07:56:13 PM »
Half time at Suncorp and looking forward to a great 2nd half.

Offline Banjo16

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • The road less travelled
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2018, 09:03:54 PM »
You would have thought 2 refs = half as many bad decisions, not from what I see so far.
Cheers,
Don

PB Challenger
Jayco Starcraft OB

Offline grmas1

• Tent User
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2018, 04:37:59 PM »
Hope the season gets better as the standards of refereeing so far has been terrible.
Grant

2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser
2015 Mars Camper Surveyor

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2018, 04:54:32 PM »
Great start to the season for my guys with 2 wins from 2, even taking down The Storm yesterday 8) considering I had my boys pegged for the wooden spoon this year, the start of the season has gone alot better then expected.
Geez Parra are woeful today, down 50 - zip and still 10 minutes to go
The smell of bacon proves aromatherapy isn't total bull$/!t

Offline Pottsy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2018, 05:51:51 PM »
You would have thought 2 refs = half as many bad decisions, not from what I see so far.

Wait till you get three like AFL, then you get three bloody interpretation of the rules. I've always thought that if you notice the umpires generally the decisions have been poor, if you don't the game has generally flowed well and the decisions correct.
if God had meant me to walk he wouldn't have invented 4wds! Mitsubishi Challenger Pc 2014 (Blondie)
Challange Meredien Offroad Walk Thru

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2018, 08:17:12 AM »
Quote from: Pottsy
Wait till you get three like AFL, then you get three bloody interpretation of the rules.
Yup - more means worse...

I think the Refs want more of themselves on tele these days, easiest way is blow the whistle... or when there is the obvious try, why call for the review, or to they have to do so many per game to keep sponsors happy?
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Banjo16

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • The road less travelled
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2018, 06:56:25 PM »
Oh when the Saints go marching in.
Cheers,
Don

PB Challenger
Jayco Starcraft OB

Offline discoteddy

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • If in doubt, grab a handful of 2nd gear.
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2018, 07:35:05 PM »
Oh when the Saints go marching in.

X 2👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

Cheers

Disco teddy
2015 Goldstream Storm lifted with Vehicle Components best!, 2021 Enter the D Max.

Offline Spada

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2018, 09:08:11 AM »
why call for the review, or to they have to do so many per game to keep sponsors happy?

They need to go to the bunker KFC advert for commercial reasons................In 2015, video ref sponsorship was worth $10m to KFC, it's probably a bit more by now.
Spada.
76 Series Cruiser & Zone Peregrine caravan.

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2018, 09:22:08 AM »
Quote from: Spada
In 2015, video ref sponsorship was worth $10m to KFC...

-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2018, 07:56:10 AM »
Another great win to my boys over The Storm yesterday 8) 8) Already won twice as many games for the year then I expected my team to do 8) 8) 8) only loss so far was against The Donkeys when the ref robbed us on a dodge penalty call  >:( and he got stood down the following week over that.
This gave me a laugh this morning https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-2018-knights-coach-nathan-brown-gives-wayne-bennett-an-extraordinary-postgame-serve/news-story/a3bb0a83d851a6170f6e60d0b5516b4c

Offline rags

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2018, 10:46:46 AM »
Another great win to my boys over The Storm yesterday 8) 8) Already won twice as many games for the year then I expected my team to do 8) 8) 8) only loss so far was against The Donkeys when the ref robbed us on a dodge penalty call  >:( and he got stood down the following week over that.
This gave me a laugh this morning https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-2018-knights-coach-nathan-brown-gives-wayne-bennett-an-extraordinary-postgame-serve/news-story/a3bb0a83d851a6170f6e60d0b5516b4c

I can share your joy in the Tigers, I didn't have too much hope pre season and glad for being wrong.

With Wayne, he is fast becoming irrelevant. It is good to see 2 former dragons now coaching and dismantling Wayne's legacy and now in charge of well performing teams. I was a bit astounded when listening last night to a post match interview with Sam Thugthaiaday were he said for the Broncos it not about winning but rather it is about improving. Maybe that is why Kevie Walters quit assisting Wayne coaching, as I think he is a winner rather than a loser.

Offline listo

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2018, 09:05:29 PM »
Got home this arvo after camping & saw results, headlines & replays. Pumped about another Knights win & suck my balls Wayne Bennett, that post match presser was awesome! Finally seeing the boys tans up, but still a long long way to go.
Was going to go to Tamworth next week to watch them but will be in Brisbane instead looking at campers... probably a good thing the way the Tigers are going!
Ivan Cleary’s a bloody good coach isn’t he rumpig?

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2018, 05:44:47 AM »
Got home this arvo after camping & saw results, headlines & replays. Pumped about another Knights win & suck my balls Wayne Bennett, that post match presser was awesome! Finally seeing the boys tans up, but still a long long way to go.
Was going to go to Tamworth next week to watch them but will be in Brisbane instead looking at campers... probably a good thing the way the Tigers are going!
Ivan Cleary’s a bloody good coach isn’t he rumpig?
he's certainly turned things around and added some stability and belief back into the club, after last year's debacle of cry baby Mitch Moses leaving part way during the season and Tedesco and Woods going also.

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2018, 09:25:32 PM »
gee Parra look solid LMAO
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2018, 06:17:38 PM »
Cop that Manly....Wests 5 from 6 to start the season, with the only loss being from a dodgy refs call 8) 8)

Offline hainess

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2018, 08:05:00 PM »
Cop that Manly....Wests 5 from 6 to start the season, with the only loss being from a dodgy refs call 8) 8)

Yep

Rod

Online Foo

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2018, 08:22:30 PM »
How UnManly of them.  ;D

Wasn't Jarrod Plain going to save Parramatta?  :P

Foo
So long as you have tried your best, you should have no regrets.

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2018, 09:24:18 PM »
How UnManly of them.  ;D

Wasn't Jarrod Plain going to save Parramatta?  :P

Foo
Manly were pretty ordinary today, way to much dropped ball to put any pressure on Wests and way to many missed tackles. In saying that, Wests carved them up in attack in the first half and controlled the ball giving Manly no chance to mount any fight back that first 40, the game was over by half time really. Manly came out the second half needing to score first, but they dropped the ball the first set of 6 instead...was great to watch....lol.
As for Hayne and Parra...the club was better off without him, he's done them no favours at all ending up back there.

Online Foo

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2018, 06:43:40 AM »
Jarrod Plain was never a team player and I don't/can't understand why they would of let him come back. ???

Foo
So long as you have tried your best, you should have no regrets.