Author Topic: Thank you to Mr XXXX !!!  (Read 3907 times)

Offline McGirr

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Living the good life
Thank you to Mr XXXX !!!
« on: July 12, 2011, 07:58:49 PM »
I had to do a post thanking Mr XXXX for his assistance on the trip. The encouragement and support was incredible. There were times when I thought gee things were getting tough but after XXXX had a word with me I was keen and ready for action. The trouble was I needed motivation all the time !!! Sometimes even at 10.00 in the morning until I went to bed.

There were alot of XXXX's cousins on the trip also and they provided plenty of inspiration....sometimes too much but it was good to get a different opinion now and then !!! But on a whole I would say we could not have done this trip without them all !!!  :cheers:

I know I am not alone in thanking Mr XXXX and his cousins and you will be the first on my list next trip. In fact I will bring as many of Mr XXXX 's family as possible !!!!

Mark
Living the dream working our way around Australia.

Ernabella SA, Warburton WA, Mt Barnett Roadhouse in the Kimberley, Peppimenarti NT, Ramingining NT, Gapuwiyak NT, Gunbalanya NT, Bidyadanga WA, Ali Curung NT, Tjuntjuntjara WA. 18 places

https://www.facebook.com/Working-and-Traveling-Australia

Offline POD

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Just get out there!
Re: Thank you to Mr XXXX !!!
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 08:01:54 PM »
Sounds like you may well be necking Mr XXXX right now!

Maybe you and Mr XXXX should get a freaking room!
"Never trust an internet quote." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline yogi

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Smarter than the average Bear
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2011, 08:21:39 PM »
I don't think there was a recovery that went by when Mr XXXX was not consulted ......... I hope he's not on commission ;D

yogi

Offline McGirr

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Living the good life
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2011, 08:26:32 PM »
I don't think there was a recovery that went by when Mr XXXX was not consulted ......... I hope he's not on commission ;D

yogi

Every decision I made was in consultation with Mr XXXX !!! I also noticed alot of other members were consulting also. ;D

Mark
Living the dream working our way around Australia.

Ernabella SA, Warburton WA, Mt Barnett Roadhouse in the Kimberley, Peppimenarti NT, Ramingining NT, Gapuwiyak NT, Gunbalanya NT, Bidyadanga WA, Ali Curung NT, Tjuntjuntjara WA. 18 places

https://www.facebook.com/Working-and-Traveling-Australia

Offline Offroad 4x4 Accessories

• Tent User
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2011, 08:44:46 PM »
I dont know what you and yogi are talking about

Offline Kit_e_kat9

• It's all about the Journey ...
  • Hard Top Camper User
    • The Lyons Den
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2011, 09:00:42 PM »

In trying times I always say " Oh dear lord ... give me Comfort ... preferrably the Southern kind please"   ;D
2010 Hilux SR5 & 2010 Aussie Swag Rover LX
My Blog

Offline yogi

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Smarter than the average Bear
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2011, 09:03:26 PM »
Kit_e_kat9 ..... I hear the Northern Comfort is better .... maybe you should try it some time 8)

yogi

Offline bert56

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2011, 07:19:09 AM »
I can vouch for Mr McGirr consulting with Mr XXXX on every decision.

Bert

Offline duggie

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Dont you just love it.
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2011, 08:24:23 AM »
I started the trip with Mr XXXX and 209 of his closest family members, each and every one of them was kind, considerate and friendly, it was a shame to see them go the way they did. RIP my XXXX friends.
" Old Nissans Just Keep On Truckin On "

Offline barraboy

• Tent User
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2011, 10:33:39 AM »
I reckon beer Mr xxxx makes you feel like you should feel all the time.    Martin

Offline rodw

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2011, 12:00:49 PM »

yogi

I was not with you guys but Mr XXXX and I developed a special bond back in the 1979 beer strike and have been close ever since. It al started by accompanying a mate who worked in a pub down to the local hardware store to buy a couple of funnels and 2 bottle openers and then locking ourselves behind locked doors of the pubs storeroom surrounded by cartons of tallies filled with Mr XXXX's great amber fluid and a couple of empty kegs before the disco on Friday night  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

We did not spill much!

Once the strike was over, Mr XXXX rewarded us with cartons of so called "champagne beer" that got its name from the weeks of extra enforced maturation time in the vats. The end result was a brew of such outstanding quality, it has never been repeated. I do in fact recall emptying the first stubby of this brew on a hot day by the time we got to the first gate to open which was 200m from where we started!

Try that with some of those imposters from the southern states!

Yes Mr XXXX has always been there for me through life's ups and downs, In times of sorrow, in times of celebration and sometimes even to cure a hangover in the morning!

Offline Rod Camping

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • 2009 Lifestyle Extenda-2011 Nissan Patrol ST Wagon
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2011, 12:56:16 PM »
Just a quick question?

How many cartons did you all take to the cape as I might need to stock up for next year. My next door nieghbour and I knock off a 30 pack of Gold most friday afternoons/evenings.

Cheers Rod.... 8) :cheers:

Offline jk

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2011, 01:43:03 PM »
I don't consider myself a big drinker.....BUT ..............I went through 6 cartons of Crownies and a bottle of American Honey in 2 weeks, and ran out  :'( . If you are a big drinker you may have to leave the spare tyre at home to make more room. Normal beer brands are about $65 at Bamaga so help is at hand.

The good staff at Punsand Bay would sell me a carton of Crownies but it was at $7.00 per stubby = $168.00 for a box, holidays or not that just wasn't gunna happen.

Any and all alcohol consumed is for hydration purposes only, not pure enjoyment as some may think.  >:D
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 01:47:30 PM by jk »
2004 V8 5 speed IFS landcruiser with "ATS"

2005 Cape York Explorer Extreme with "ATS"

2012 Crusader X Country

McGirr is my Russell Coight and I'd follow him "Almost" anywhere !!!!!!