Author Topic: Thank you to all the 2011 Cape Crusaders !!!  (Read 4658 times)

Offline McGirr

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Living the good life
Thank you to all the 2011 Cape Crusaders !!!
« on: July 08, 2011, 06:01:03 PM »
I would just like to say thank you to all the swaggers who participated on this great adventure. I started these trips to give fellow campers the chance to experience the beauty and the challenge Cape York offers and it was a fantastic trip. I was told I could make good money organizing and making these trips and I could... but to me it's the Joy of seeing the looks on people's faces when they tackle the crossings they thought they could never do or have the confidence to do them. To me that's worth a million dollars. There is alot of time and organizing to get these trips up and running but I enjoy every minute doing it. This years trip was the toughest and we did what very few people could do and that's doing the OTL all the way in 2011.

Thank you to everyone for a fantastic trip, renewing friendships and meeting new faces. I look forward to arranging next years adventure with a few changes !!!   

Mark
Living the dream working our way around Australia.

Ernabella SA, Warburton WA, Mt Barnett Roadhouse in the Kimberley, Peppimenarti NT, Ramingining NT, Gapuwiyak NT, Gunbalanya NT, Bidyadanga WA, Ali Curung NT, Tjuntjuntjara WA. 18 places

https://www.facebook.com/Working-and-Traveling-Australia

Offline jk

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: Thank you to all the 2011 Cape Crusaders !!!
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 06:31:13 PM »
Mark your da man  :cup: , I would have waited for years to do the cape if it hadn't been for the 09 trip you organised, now I know what's involved and what's needed, thanks mate, you do a wonderfull job and we all have the time of our life.

I'm working on the better half for the 2012 trip  :-[ , but it'll be an up hill battle.

To all the other Swaggers on this years trip thanks for the fantastic company and for sharing the adventure, once we all buff out the scratches, knock out the dents and fix the broken/bent bits we'll all be ready to do it all again  :cheers: .

Cheers
jk 
2004 V8 5 speed IFS landcruiser with "ATS"

2005 Cape York Explorer Extreme with "ATS"

2012 Crusader X Country

McGirr is my Russell Coight and I'd follow him "Almost" anywhere !!!!!!

Offline bert56

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2011, 06:59:38 AM »
Could not have said it any better JK.

I agree with everything you said.

Bert

Offline idlegossip

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2011, 06:31:48 PM »
Mark, I think you deserve a big THANK YOU for all the effort and time you have commited in organising this trip. My family as alot of other swaggers who came along on this trip, had a great time and alot of it was to do with your contribution. It gave us the opportunity to experience a trip that we probably would not of had the courage to do on our own, and knowing we had the support of people who had travelled and had some experience in these terrains made it much easier for us to experience it safely.

Well done and thank you.. :cheers: :cup: :cheers:

Offline scoot

• Tent User
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2011, 02:11:56 AM »
Thanks to Mark and all the Winchers without whom I would have turned around at Palm Creek and missed the best bits. I was especially grateful to be able to spend this unforgettable adventure with my son, friends and their sons and all the new friends we made on the trip. We'll be talking about it until I'm too old to remember anything. William and I arrived back tonight and as we were entered the outskirts of Brisbane we talked about what an exceptional time it was and the great people we met. The gleam in his eye said it all.

Scott

Offline barraboy

• Tent User
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2011, 12:46:29 PM »
Hey Scott and William

Not even Steven Hey

Shaun

Offline yogi

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Smarter than the average Bear
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2011, 06:32:18 PM »
Hi All,

well what can you say about a trip like we have just undertaken .......... "It's about having fun" and boy did we have some fun ;D

I would also like to thank each and every one of you for making this Cape trip one that will forever be in my memory banks. We all chipped in when needed and did what was needed to be done weather it be bush wellding, repacking leaf springs, fitting engine mounts, building tracks, assisting in recoveries, collecting and cutting up wood for the evening fire, advsing of obstacles ahead on the road or the all important kicking back around the campfire each night reconting the events of that day.

Thank you one and all ........

yogi

Offline Symon

• Big sparks r us
  • Electrimagician
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • www.phased.com.au
    • Web Server in a Box Project
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2011, 07:27:51 PM »
+1 to all that yogi said.

Good to see you got back safe too mate.
Do not PM me for technical advice - start a thread.
HDJ79 Ute - 100 Series Sahara - 2002 Kimberley Kamper - No ATS yet - Survivor of 5 McGirr trips-Cape 09,11,12,14 & Gulf 13

Offline Offroad 4x4 Accessories

• Tent User
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2011, 07:12:02 PM »
+ 2 for what Yogi said.

Mark you did a great job organising this trip and cant wait until next year to do it all again

Offline bert56

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2011, 07:03:22 AM »
Does that mean you are going to be the winch bitch for next year Tim. After all you were fantastic this year.

Bert

Offline Offroad 4x4 Accessories

• Tent User
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2011, 02:34:50 PM »
Hi Bert. I am always willing to play in the mud to assist.

Offline duggie

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Dont you just love it.
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2011, 07:40:15 AM »
Hi Mark , I have been flat out since getting back from the tip. Your input and local knowledge on the roads, camping areas, creeks and many other things helped myself and I would have to say everyone else have a exciting and wonderful trip. Well done Mark, I enjoyed your company and your sense of humour.
To all of those I traveled with thanks for the trip, laughs and lifelong memories.
But my biggest thanks go to you all for making my old mans 80th birthday a day he will never forget.
" Old Nissans Just Keep On Truckin On "

Offline Symon

• Big sparks r us
  • Electrimagician
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • www.phased.com.au
    • Web Server in a Box Project
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2011, 08:14:41 AM »
Well said duggie, I think your old man certainly enjoyed himself.  :cheers:

Do not PM me for technical advice - start a thread.
HDJ79 Ute - 100 Series Sahara - 2002 Kimberley Kamper - No ATS yet - Survivor of 5 McGirr trips-Cape 09,11,12,14 & Gulf 13

Offline spargo

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • "Love that car.."
    • Twitter
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2011, 09:18:45 AM »
*jealous*