Author Topic: Campsites at Innes National Park  (Read 3449 times)

Offline PeteGU6

• Sleeping Bag User
Campsites at Innes National Park
« on: December 25, 2010, 12:28:22 AM »
I'm heading off to Innes National Park tomorrow and would like some opinions on the best campsites.  i am looking for something on the beach (a short walk).  I have a couple of young kids so looking for a kid friendly beach.  Any suggestions?  I am thinking Pondalowie, Royston or Head or Browns Beach - has anyone stayed at any of these?  Oh, and Merry Christmas to all!

Offline BurnsOil

• Soft Floor Camper User
Re: Campsites at Innes National Park
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2010, 12:06:47 PM »
1)  I don't think that this post should be in the 2011 Cape York part.

2) Pondalowie is a good spot as it has toilet and shower facilities.

3) Marion Bay caravan park is also good for kids as it is right next to the beach and is only 5mins from Innes Park.
Challenge 'Outback' Off Road Deluxe Camper Trailer;
Nissan Pathfinder R51 ST TD Man, Smartbar, Spotlights, AirLift 1000, Rhino Roof Racks, Waeco CF-50, dual battery, Uniden TX3440 UHF.

Offline Blue Bravo

• adventure before dementia
  • Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2010, 01:34:28 PM »
Camped at Marion Bay a couple of years ago and spent a day in the National Park. never seen so many snakes in one area and most were red bellied blacks. Keep an eye on the kids
Glenn

A member of the leisure class

Offline PeteGU6

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 10:20:49 PM »
Yep, realised after I posted that it was in the wrong spot - sorry about that.  Ended up staying at Pondalowie ($16 a night vs $6 for the other sites) it had toilets with a small (close to empty) rainwater tank.  30 second drive to the beach which sounds lazy but given you can drive onto the beach without deflating tyres, I had a wife two kids and beach stuff to move, I had a few beers in the fridge and cricket on the radio (shame about the result!) it was magnificent! Saw lots of snakes on the road (dead and alive) but none in the campground but thanks for the heads up.
It was a great place and Rhinos Tavern, which is inside the national park served good food, cold beer and cheap fuel.