Author Topic: Bundy Rum  (Read 1396 times)

Offline listo

• Soft Floor Camper User
Bundy Rum
« on: July 09, 2015, 08:30:09 PM »
Is anyone getting any bad bottles of bundy recently? I cracked an 1125 bottle tonight bought on the weekend at Dans at strathpine tonight, it smells nothing like rum & tastes awful. I then ran down to the RSL here in St George & bought another 1125 bottle & although it's not as bad, there's no way it tastes like bundy or anything drinkable. Bad batches of bundy are unheard of for me.
On a positive side, it did make me break out a bottle of my own home made rum again...

Offline PJ80

• Sleeping Bag User
Re: Bundy Rum
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2015, 08:32:50 PM »
Did not know there was any such thing as good bundy  :cheers:
80 Series and Lifestyle Breakaway 2 Plus (Trackabout Safari now sold)

Offline Redcherokee

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2015, 09:14:45 PM »
They do have some fancy varieties that may taste different to what you are used to, but I assure you at the factory last week it all tasted pretty fine!

Contact BDC direct.  They may know if there is a problem batch.

Jeep Rubicon SWB 2013. Outback Campers Sturt 2011
4.2L Patrol and Billabong Grove 16 hard roofed camper.

Offline slydar

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2015, 09:29:59 PM »
finding this with scotch lately too, some batches have a real chemical taste - maybe theyre having to make it too fast these days or something but sometimes its good and sometimes its not - I guess like a german national I once work with said the product is brewed from natural grains and we  get what we get unless they vary the chemical balance it (like they do Australian beer according to him) to keep the flavour