Author Topic: CERT III traineeship in computer graphics/animation/gaming  (Read 1382 times)

Offline MarkVS

• Hard Floor Camper User
CERT III traineeship in computer graphics/animation/gaming
« on: June 21, 2015, 03:55:18 AM »
I know this isn't Swagging stuff, but having to look at options outside of the normal.

Looking for help in finding contacts in companies that might offer CERTIII traineeship in Computer graphics/animation/gaming.

My daughter is in Year 11 and looking to do a 12 month CERTIII traineeship while doing Year 11 & 12.

If anyone is involved in, or has any contacts with Brisbane sited companies that do graphics design/computer animation/gaming, would love to hear from you such that we can make contact and see if there might be any possibility for a Govt supported traineeship while she does a course as well.

We have some leads but they are few and far between.

Any leads/help would be appreciated.

MarkVS
2020 Patrol Series 5
2015 Complete Campsite Exodus 14

2013,2015,2017 National Meet
Survivor 2013 McGirr Across the Gulf trip
2014 McGirr Cape trip
2016 Duggie Savannah trip
2018 McGirr Kimberley

For every situation you have 3 choices. Live with it, change it, or leave it. But only pick one

Offline kiwipride

• Soft Floor Camper User
Re: CERT III traineeship in computer graphics/animation/gaming
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2015, 07:11:19 AM »
Hi Mark
Had the same problem with my son. We ended up being advised that CompTIA and the like are more important to tech companies in real life.  There are very good and free tutorials on the net and the cost is minimal to sit the final exam.  All the best,  Jason
My plan is to live forever......so far, so good!

Offline Slipus

• Tent User
  • Slip
Re: CERT III traineeship in computer graphics/animation/gaming
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2015, 04:05:46 PM »
Just take care,  My son did a TAFE diploma of Multi Media (gaming ) a few years ago, and at the end of it they  invited reps from the game design companies around for their presentation night, only to find out that the stuff they where teaching the industry didn't use any more.

Took him a while to get a job, he ended up with cadetship as IT support for a building firm, he has worked his way up to System Admin with another firm that seem to look after him.