Author Topic: Home, Caravan, Camping & Boating Show  (Read 1331 times)

Offline dunebuggy

• Swag User
    • Yakass Coastal Kayak Fishing
Home, Caravan, Camping & Boating Show
« on: October 12, 2011, 02:29:54 PM »
Is anyone going to this show on the Sunshine Coast this weekend? The wife and I are planning on being there about 1pm on friday.

Details here;  http://australianevents.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=327&Itemid=190
"Life is a Journey - NOT a Guided Tour"

Offline dunebuggy

• Swag User
Re: Home, Caravan, Camping & Boating Show
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 10:44:49 PM »
Well, I have been overwhelmed by the shear amount of camper trailer manufacturers (or should I say - assemblers). Even at the small show I went to today I saw a good assortment from fully imported cheap crap to partially imported and barely imported etc... I was surprised by what you can get for your dollar but I also found our afternoon (the wife and I went) to be very educational. Armed with what I learned here on the forum and with what we learned at the show, we now know 3 things for certain.

1 - We will almost certainly buy new, and
2 - We will almost certainly go over budget. (the original budget that is) and
3 - In some cases, if you seem to be getting more for your dollar... the over all quality usually suffers.

It was certainly good to be able to stand inside a few of these units and get a feel for them. I am pretty sure there is another show on in Brisbane next weekend and we may attend that too. I want to have a closer look at trackabout campers too.

Bye for now.
Stuart W.

Offline dunebuggy

• Swag User
Re: Home, Caravan, Camping & Boating Show
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 01:55:00 PM »
Of the camper trailers we looked at yesterday at the show, we liked this one the best;

http://www.marketdirectcampertrailers.com.au/off-road-extreme-explorer/products/camper-trailers/off-road-extreme-explorer-camper-trailer

It uses rip stop canvas all over and some people are not keen on rip stop. I'm not sure why. We did see another one for about the same money with more tent space and more extras but it was very poorly displayed and quite frankly, the quality just wan't there. Not to mention the lack of roof pitch for the size of the tent. It would just become a dam in heavy rain. Anyway, Does anyone have any negative comments about the model linked above? Or about the company in general?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Stuart W.