Author Topic: Show us ya real bike!  (Read 72045 times)

Offline SEADOO

• Soft Floor Camper User
Re: Show us ya real bike!
« Reply #100 on: March 18, 2017, 07:37:24 PM »
2016 KLX140L. Just some to follow my daughter around with.

Offline SEADOO

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #101 on: March 18, 2017, 07:39:09 PM »
The collection.

Offline SEADOO

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #102 on: March 18, 2017, 07:41:41 PM »
My daughters KLX110L.

Needs a pair of Renthal bars.

Offline SEADOO

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #103 on: March 18, 2017, 07:45:14 PM »
Currently saving for one of these.

2017 KLX250.

Offline SEADOO

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #104 on: March 18, 2017, 07:49:11 PM »
Sort of a motorbike.

The latest addition.

2017 Kawasaki STX 15R 160hp.

Offline SEADOO

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #105 on: March 18, 2017, 07:50:17 PM »
The Toowoomba Kawasaki dealer likes me 😉
The following users thanked this post: Squalo

Offline Coolblue80

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #106 on: March 19, 2017, 06:32:58 AM »
My daughters KLX110L.

Needs a pair of Renthal bars.
A mates son has one off these. They are a fun little bike. They pull decent wheelie for a smaller bike.
2015 Mitsi Pajero. Dobbo MRR Lift, ARB Bar, MM4X4 Lock Up Mate, Intervolt DC Pro DBS, 12,000lb Mako winch. Bla Bla Bla.

96 80 Series. Lots of mods, not enough wheeling. - Gone but not forgotten.
Gulf King Warrior soft floor camper & 19ft Jayco Van

Offline briann532

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #107 on: March 19, 2017, 08:09:11 AM »
The collection.

Hey seadoo.
My collection is identical......
Except the John Deere..........
We love our kwaka's
 Brian
Back to a swag!
BitsiShity Tryton
Spending most of my time at the farm in Dalton!

Offline Paddler Ed

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #108 on: May 03, 2017, 12:56:00 PM »
As my pictures have disappeared from before, here's the Wife's new bike, a 2008 WR250:

Wife's old XT600:

In theory, I use the XT600 but it's broken at the moment so she's using the car, and I'm using the WR... I need to sort out the sprag clutch in the XT I suspect; I've got the gaskets ready to open it up, but not got round to doing it yet.

Offline grantxx

• Tent User
« Reply #109 on: May 03, 2017, 06:42:01 PM »
My bird,
QR Moto Ride Day 11th Sept Red Group 128 by Grant McDonald, on Flickr

The GSXR we shared, bought it to replace the CBR250RR
GSXR600 by Grant McDonald, on Flickr

The baby
Michelles by Grant McDonald, on Flickr

Offline grantxx

• Tent User
« Reply #110 on: May 03, 2017, 06:45:22 PM »
I discovered this bike was better here than on track

bird at drags by Grant McDonald, on Flickr

Offline Coolblue80

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #111 on: May 04, 2017, 07:59:41 AM »
Just gave my dr650 a birthday.  Opened up the airbox,  modified the slide on the carb.  Re jetted the carb and changed the needle to one with a different taper. Also ground the header pipe weld and fitted a gixxer muffler with a custom midpipe.  Goes pretty good now.  Still got a bit of fine tuning to do on the carb, but it's pretty close.
Cheers, Mike.
2015 Mitsi Pajero. Dobbo MRR Lift, ARB Bar, MM4X4 Lock Up Mate, Intervolt DC Pro DBS, 12,000lb Mako winch. Bla Bla Bla.

Offline griz066

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #112 on: July 18, 2017, 05:49:10 PM »
2016 KTM EXC-F  :cheers:
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 06:14:16 AM by griz066 »
Yesterday's Gone, Tomorrow Hasn't Happened, Live For Today.
http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=12950.msg192834#msg192834

Offline kylarama

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #113 on: August 10, 2017, 06:24:23 PM »
For the 2 stroke lovers and those with a death wish.

Honda's bringing back the CR500.

http://latestmxvideos.com/index.php/2017/08/08/honda-announces-2018-cr500-amazing-technology/

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #114 on: August 13, 2017, 02:02:00 PM »

Welded crank, heaps of bling, 103ci   and for sale!!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 02:05:09 PM by Bigfish »
Having lots of friends on farcebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...means absolutely nothing!!

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #115 on: August 13, 2017, 02:31:07 PM »
Quote from: Coolblue80
Just gave my dr650 a birthday.  Opened up the airbox,  modified the slide on the carb.  Re jetted the carb and changed the needle to one with a different taper. Also ground the header pipe weld and fitted a gixxer muffler with a custom midpipe.  Goes pretty good now.  Still got a bit of fine tuning to do on the carb, but it's pretty close.
Cheers, Mike.
keep going ;D
https://procycle.us/info/articles/dr650/dr900.html
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline BTMNDR

• Tent User
« Reply #116 on: August 14, 2017, 12:36:31 AM »
My mid life crisis. 35 years after selling the previous bike - a GS750.

Lucky I told my sons what I was doing, otherwise I'd not have known that I'd need a helmet, or gloves, or a jacket.  Even better was learning that I'd have to put fuel in it!   :cheers:
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 01:29:23 PM by BTMNDR »
Former TOPNDR.

Offline Coolblue80

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #117 on: August 14, 2017, 04:17:22 AM »
keep going ;D
https://procycle.us/info/articles/dr650/dr900.html

Has always been at the top of my wishlist. He doesn't sell the 900 kits. It was a one off thing that he did. He does however sell a 790 kit, hot cams, Modified head,  pumper carb.................................
Mines just a work bike though.
Cheers, Mike.

Offline toglhot

• Swag User
« Reply #118 on: August 14, 2017, 09:59:46 AM »
I can't ride bikes anymore as I can't use the levers and can't hang on while I kick them to life, wouldn't own a bike you couldn't kick. This is my last bike, a Triumph Bonny. All work: mechanicals, balancing, paint, polishing, spoking, electrical, sheet metal work and so on I did myself.

The gray is the first version of the Bonny I did when stationed in the NT. The bin received the seat and base, exhaust, engine spacers and brackets, foot pegs, tail light bracket, side covers, air cleaner, triple zener pack, tacho, Instrument cluster, battery holder and clutch plates.

They were replaced with a hand beaten aluminium seat base, 2” drag pipes, aluminium engine spacers and brackets, aluminium foot pegs, tail light bracket, aluminium side covers, single zener, speedo bracket, battery holder, side covers, an earlier model single Zener and a set Barnets.

The frame had all excess tabs removed, a couple of extra tabs were added to the rear frame members for side cover mounts, I removed the air cleaner bracket welded to the 3” frame tube/oil tank. Once finished I filed all the welds smooth and bogged them.

I added an oil cooler mounted on an aluminium bracket I bent up. The rear guard was shortened and to that I mounted the tail light bracket I beat up, new steel seat hinges were also made up along with a couple of baffles I made up and slipped into the drag pipes.

The electrics were redone, replacing the rectifier with a Tandy unit and the triple pack zeners with a single zener mounted on the heat sink I bent up. Ignition was now via the handlebar switch block with another two master switches to fool thieves: One on the left side cover, the other mounted on the heatsink.

The engine was stripped and a new barrel and pistons and rings were purchased along with a set of big end shells. Gaskets were all hand formed except for the head gasket, for that I binned the solid copper one and replaced it with a composite. Combustion chamber, piston crown, cons and ports were mirror polished along with valve heads - face and backs. Gearbox cam plate was re-shaped a little and the edge along with the fork slots were polished.

I balanced the crank using knife edge straights, turned up a couple of stainless push rod tubes, mirror polished the engine side covers, and rocker covers, sand blasted the crankcase halves and cylinder head, polished the alternator rotor, why? because I could and it looked smick!

The rear brake bracket and hubs were polished, and the wheels laced with stainless spokes. The cylinder head was also reshaped a little to get nice square edges on the fins.

Frame, tank, side covers, speedo, tail light bracket, foot brake lever, kick stand and centre stand and rear brake rod were all painted in metallic charcoal gray.

The side covers, tail light and battery holder were all mounted using grommets and positive stop nuts I turned up from aluminium. Also turned up were two stainless brake cylinders on my Hafco AL-50 I had just bought. Boy, was that fun. This was my first lathe and the first time I’d ever used one. The cylinders had a 26 TPI thread cut on one end. The lathe didn’t come with a threading chart so I had to get out my calculator and put the brain to work. The bore was 5/8” from memory for which I turned up a couple of pistons to suit. I had to drill two tiny holes, .07mm from memory through the cylinders into the bore, the stainless was 316 and I think I went through something like half a dozen drills – no feel when drilling holes this small.

To each cylinder I welded a 1/4” threaded spigot with which to mount the reservoir and rear take off. To feed the cylinders I tuned up a 2” round aluminium reservoir and cap. To fit them together I machined a course acme thread in both cap and reservoir, talk about jumping in at the deep end: 2” internal and external acme threads and a 26 TPI thread on 316 stainless. Both came out brilliant though, the piston and cylinder having better tolerances than the originals.

I used this bike going to and from work in Katherine, it was so loud you couldn’t hear a brace of Harleys on full song through the din this thing made.

Posted south to Adelaide I knew it wouldn’t get past the pits so once settled I stripped the Bonny again painted it gloss black, polished everything again but this time also polished the lower sliders, switch blocks, turned up a tall 1” round aluminium reservoir and polished that, fitted an oil filter using a floor polisher bracket and polished the crankcase halves. Lots of difficult to get at areas here so it took a while; and a few handmade mops. I bought a couple of ugly mufflers and fitted them and then stuck it over the pits. It passed first time and I rode it too and from work every day for a couple of years.

I was posted north again, this time to Darwin, so the bike was again stripped and then re-assembled once we’d settled in. I only made one mod this time, replaced the speedo with a digital one. I never registered the bike in Darwin as our house was within walking distance to work; but, I did enter the Bonny in the Darwin European Bike Show and won best Triumph.

The Bonny stood around under the house for a couple of years until the RAAF kicked me out. Once out we settled in Port Kennedy in Perth. My body was pretty much spent by this time, I couldn’t kick it anymore so never bothered reassembling. It sat around in a couple of steel trunks for a while and then I sold it as a basket case.

Amazing the difference one little item makes: On the gray there is a chrome strip around the base of the seat, that's missing on the black - makes all the difference: the rear end on the black just looks unfinished. Looking at the pics now the gray had nice lines and looked mean, but could have benefited greatly by the addition of more shiny bits. There’s probably a heap of other bits and pieces I made, or polished, or modded but this all I can remember.

I tried to keep the Bonny looking as much like a Bonny as I could, only a Triumph enthusiast could probably pick the differences. Here’s a few pictures:

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #119 on: August 14, 2017, 10:07:55 AM »
That engine looks great.
Having lots of friends on farcebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...means absolutely nothing!!

Offline austastar

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #120 on: August 21, 2017, 03:06:47 PM »
Hi,
   Not my bike.

But it is my Mum.

Not bad for 100.

Cheers

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #121 on: August 21, 2017, 04:43:53 PM »
Quote from: Coolblue80
Has always been at the top of my wishlist. He doesn't sell the 900 kits.
yea and looking at the work that went into it, it would be a mission or a very expensive ship to him to build and reship back.. Some of the Piston milling I wouldn't be confident to do or have in an expensive motor like that.
We had a slightly sponsored by Yamaha dude in our club Steven Gall who was a few years Mr MX :D...
He managed to get lots of go fast bits for his dirt track TT600 that my old Boss Chris Dixon at Macklins - and many of the parts ended up on my TT... :D Carbs, heads, exhausts, barrels and BB kits :D some of the bits nobody else had access to from Yam factory in Japan :D :D I'd get a phone call saying he had some bits and was I interested, I was usually at his place before he hung up.
Was well worth it over a stocky!

It was a one off thing that he did. He does however sell a 790 kit, hot cams, Modified head,  pumper carb.................................
Do it :P

Mines just a work bike though.
and?? Do it! :)
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Swannie

• Are we there yet
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #122 on: October 16, 2017, 06:17:35 PM »
Just added another toy to the shed
KTM 520 EXC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1994 80 series RV Land Cruiser  (Frank the Tank)
2015 200 series gxl TTD (Bruiser The Cruiser)
2015 Jayco Starcraft 17:58-3 OB (Starsky)

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #123 on: October 19, 2017, 08:25:57 AM »
Quote from: Swannie
Just added another toy to the shed
KTM 520 EXC

You'll never have time to ride it :P
-