Author Topic: Telstra $10 post-paid for Iridium no more  (Read 10979 times)

Offline beigewagon

• Swag User
Re: Telstra $10 post-paid for Iridium no more
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2015, 10:27:51 PM »

Slightly off topic, but I also got a letter from Telstra saying that from November 22, my $20 plan becomes a $30, regardless that I am 10 months into a 2 year contract period.

I have rung telstra, and the TIO, and been told tough bickies. Telstra can terminate any contract they like without recourse. If you or I did that, it would be breach of contract.

Dont hold your breath on getting an answer other than it costing you more $.

I have just set up an account with another carrier.
Flat four, not flat footed

Offline feisty

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2016, 09:31:05 PM »
I've had a $10 Telstra post-paid casual plan for years for an Iridium phone. From 22 November, Telstra will replace the $10 plan with a $20 version that has more inclusions but these can't be used on the satphone. No cheaper options than $20.

Is there a prepaid satphone provider that has expensive calls but allows the service to stay live for 12 months for around $120? The convenience of having an active satphone is good for the unplanned trips but not worth $240 a year to me.

Bit of an update on this topic after doing some research for a mate.

My $10 plan is still $10 and never saw an increase in November

It appears Adrian that you had the "Telstra Casual Mobile plan $10' whereas I and many others have the 'Mobile accelerate casual plan month to month $10'

http://www.telstra.com.au/help/download/document/personal-critical-information-summary-mobile-accelerate-casual-plan-10.pdf

This plan still appears to be available
Feisty
Sahara 100TD & Pioneer Argyle

Offline noel_w

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Welcoming Mexicans to SEQ since 2015
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2016, 09:15:54 AM »
Yep interesting topic.
I have a shared data plan where I pay $10/m to have a sim in my tablet as well as my normal Telstra sim. This comes off contract about xmas this year so I might look at converting the tablet sim (with number) to a normal service (it's data only atm) for use in both the tablet and sat phone when I get one. I would still use my normal service in my mobile but use the sat phone out of mobile areas. Best of both worlds hopefully.
Will look into it when the time comes.
TUG=GU ST 2012 Ute, CT = Modcon Imperial HF
We have to start thinking about what sort of a world we are going to leave for Keith Richards after we are all gone.

Offline johnhu

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2016, 11:07:55 AM »
It appears Adrian that you had the "Telstra Casual Mobile plan $10' whereas I and many others have the 'Mobile accelerate casual plan month to month $10'

http://www.telstra.com.au/help/download/document/personal-critical-information-summary-mobile-accelerate-casual-plan-10.pdf

This plan still appears to be available

Very good find. I didn't realise there were different 'Causal $10 plans'.  Mine like the OP's was on the "Telstra Casual Mobile plan $10" also and was raised to $20 per month by Telstra.  Using the info you provided I got on to Telstra via their online chat and the operator quite happily moved me to the "Mobile accelerate casual plan $10".  I did have to send him the link to the PDF you provided so he knew exactly what I was talking about (as of course this plan doesn't show up on the Telstra available plans web page). But as soon as I did he moved my plan straight over.

Very much appreciated Feisty.

John

Offline feisty

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2016, 11:10:20 AM »
Very good find. I didn't realise there were different 'Causal $10 plans'.  Mine like the OP's was on the "Telstra Casual Mobile plan $10" also and was raised to $20 per month by Telstra.  Using the info you provided I got on to Telstra via their online chat and the operator quite happily moved me to the "Mobile accelerate casual plan $10".  I did have to send him the link to the PDF you provided so he knew exactly what I was talking about (as of course this plan doesn't show up on the Telstra available plans web page). But as soon as I did he moved my plan straight over.

Very much appreciated Feisty.

John
You're welcome John.
Quite bizarre that few people at telstra or their stores know about it.
Feisty
Sahara 100TD & Pioneer Argyle