Author Topic: Which brand of chainsaw  (Read 7104 times)

Offline oldmate

• Soft Floor Camper User
Re: Which brand of chainsaw
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2015, 08:45:19 PM »
yep, they're sisters.......

McGirr, I'll send you a PM with a pic of the crew that I use for wood collecting with their full safety gear. Something to think about.

Nice,

And I think I have seen that same photo of his crew mcgirr. Your town would like his crew I reckon.  ;D
Our Blog. A work in progress
https://www.facebook.com/UltimateAdventuresBlog/

Offline Metters

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2015, 09:27:40 PM »
I bought a little Stihl 010AV in 1987 to cut the occasional bit of firewood in my backyard in the suburbs.  A couple of years later my job sent me to the Snowy Mountains where it cut 15 tons of wood every year for five years.   All of it was dry hardwood and in many cases the bar would just reach the centre of the log.

It has done a heap of work since then like cutting up big fallen trees around the neighborhood and cutting many tons for my 4wd club annual stationary long weekend gatherings.

It is still going with plenty of compression but it has been getting a little hard to start lately and sometimes will not reach maximum revs.  I might be able to fix it but I thought at that age it is probably not worth it so I bought a new and larger Stihl three weeks ago.

I certainly can't complain about Stihl but I would imagine a Husky would most likely do the same.

Offline avotrol

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2015, 12:53:30 PM »
Hey Metters, have you checked that the air filter mat isn't blocked up with crap? My 009 started to do the same hard start and no power and then I remembered I hadn't cleaned the filter mat for a while and presto, just like new! Wash it out with petrol then air dry or use compressed air to completely dry it before reinstalling and starting the saw.

Nothing wrong with having different size saws / tools in the arsenal, the more the merrier.

:cheers: avo 
GU Patrol with home away from home.

Offline Mitch_n

• Swag User
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2015, 06:38:56 PM »
I brought a cheap ag-pro off fleabay. $120 delivered for and 18" bar. Only brought it for a trip up north I did last year.

The thing is a weapon. Starts 4th pull every time. Doesn't miss a beat. It's had a few good work outs and I'm super impressed with it.

I don't expect it to last as long as a stihl but for $120 I couldn't go past it and I'm glad I didn't.