Author Topic: Car Sales & Scams  (Read 11461 times)

Offline Moggy

• Hard Floor Camper User
Re: Car Sales & Scams
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2014, 01:28:10 PM »
Why not ask them to provide their bank details for verification.  Or better still ask for a cc number as a deposit payment ????.
You can then post up here where we can all share in the fun.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
All men dream but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible.
T.E. Lawrence

time

« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2014, 01:47:21 PM »
Check here for info on car sales scams

http://helpcentre.carsales.com.au/scam-defence/

Offline wilson79

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2014, 01:53:17 PM »
Why not ask them to provide their bank details for verification.  Or better still ask for a cc number as a deposit payment ????.
You can then post up here where we can all share in the fun.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Ha ha, My swag will be pretty quite while we are all in jail...LOL
Regards,

Wilson79

My camper, http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=39588.msg711354#msg711354
2014 Ecomate Traveller FF

My Tug, OCT 2016 VDJ200 VX Landcruiser
http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=54907.msg955281#msg955281

Offline #jonesy

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2014, 05:42:33 AM »
When I sold my ranger I actually did a lot of negotiating via email. It just happened at the time I was doing some really odd shifts. None of the prospective buyers seemed fussed about it, although towards the end there were phone calls and real people attending to look.
2013 Aussie Jays - Crusher      2013 Toyota Hilux. 

Offline 2010banditsa

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Cheers- It's 12 O'clock somewhere
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2015, 01:08:06 PM »
In case youre wondering if the scammers have a sense of humour, a guy at work got this interaction going ..... i just found it whilst cleaning out my inbox....

On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 9:03 AM, Martin McFly < > wrote:

Hi there,

Thanks for your enquiry on the 1982 Delorean DMC-12. I can confirm that the price in $55,000 and the condition is very good, there is just one minor scratch on the passenger side door that is 3cm long.

Regards,
Martin
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 09:47:20 +1000
Subject: Re: Carsguide enquiry re: 1982 Delorean DMC-12
To:

Hi thanks for mailing back,am ok with the price and the condition,am
buying it for my vacation,because i'll be coming soon from our rig as
am a petroleum project engineer on a rig offshore,i won't be able to come for
the inspection due to the nature of my work,i would have love to call
in person but we have call restriction due to bad weather condition our satellite server has been down.
i will be paying you through PayPal,please get back to me with your
PayPal details so i can proceed with the payment and contact the
courier agent who will come to pick it up and deliver it in my place.
Await your reply.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 10:08 AM, Martin McFly < > wrote:

Hi Luda,

Are you able to pay by bank cheque? I don't have a paypal account.

Cheers,
Martin

Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 10:26:14 +1000
To:

Oh..sorry to hear you don't have an account with PayPal.

I hope you wont mind to get an account with PayPal.
Its reliable and easy to use PayPal,all you need to do is
visit www.paypal.com and register with them.
When you are done with the registration send me the email
used for the registration with PayPal so i can pay in.
Await your response..

Thanks !!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 10:35 AM, Martin McFly <> wrote:

Hi Luda,

So is bank cheque not an option? what about direct bank transfer?

Are you sure a Delorean is what you want for your vacation? It's more of a show car and with the flux capacitor installed there isn't much room for luggage. Please confirm you are still interested.

Thanks,
Martin
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 12:45:41 +1000
To:

Thanks for the mail..I will like you to get back to me with your PayPal email so that i can make the payment..
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 1:18 PM, Martin McFly <> wrote:

Hi,

My paypal email is this email, postal address is:

9303 Lyon Estate
Hill Valley, California, 90210

Phone is +15-555-843-234.

You are going to love your vacation in this car, the flux capacitor was just serviced to so it should be able to take you where ever you want.

Thanks,
Martin McFly

Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 13:26:00 +1000
Subject: The response i received from my courier agent..Reply Asap
To:

Apology :I was just about to make the payment when i had this little problem with the picking up,I got an email from my agent...he said he won't come for the pick up unless i pay him the agent commission fee first in order to be able to schedule suitable a pick up date and time and my pick up agent Headquarters is in China and all commission payments made for pick up from anywhere in the world is sent to their Headquarters in China and the only form of payments they accept is western union money transfer and i tried to pay online (www.westernunion.com) but it requires a credit card to make the transfer online which i don't have access to and there is no post office on sea.(there is usually a western union section in most post offices). So now i will include the $2,500 they charged to pick it up and take it home(1st class treatment)to the payments i will send through PayPal.After receiving the confirmation email from PayPal after i have made the payments, i will need you to help me send the $2,500 to my pick up agent through western union money transfer.The western union money transfer can be made at a post office or online at www.westernunion.com .I will be making the payments shortly and will email you as soon as am done.

Luda

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 1:49 PM, Martin McFly <> wrote:

No worries Luda, but Deloreans are quite valuable and require extra care with delivery, when I bought it and had it delivered from 1985 to 2012 the cost was $5,000 so it might be worth checking the cost.

Cheers,
Martin

Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 14:03:35 +1000
Subject: I have just completed the payment..Reply Asap
To:

I have just made the payment now and i expect PayPal to have emailed you by now,check your PayPal email address if you have been messaged yet in the folders junk/spam, i sent $57,700 in all, i have decided to add the amount of $2,700 which i paid through PayPal, So you can now wire the sum of $2,500 to my agent's Headquarters in China via western union where they confirm all commission payment so that they can be able to schedule a suitable pick up date and time immediately.

As said earlier in my previous email,the western union transfer can be done at the post office as their is a western union section in all post office and can also be done via the internet(www.westernunion.com) .I added extra $200 to cover the western union charges which shouldn't be more that $60-75 but just to be sure i added $200.

Here is my pick up agent Headquarter info needed to get the money sent
through western union money transfer:

First Name: James
Surname: Watkins
Address: No.8 Xiushui East Road,
City: Chongwen District,
State: Beijing,
Zip Code: 100027,

Note:PayPal won't release the funds until they get the western union information from you due to the fact that i emailed them about the excess payment i made.Please kindly email the necessary details to PayPal :the MTCN which you will be given at the western union after the $2,500 has been sent as well as the sender's name and address used to send the money through western union so they can take necessary steps.

Luda
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 2:23 PM, Martin McFly < > wrote:

This is great business, please see attached a receipt but I accidently added a 1 in front of the total so I overpaid by $10,000, ooopss. Are you able to make another payment? otherwise I'll use the Delorean to go back in time to fix it.

Let me know
Martin
(readers note: phony receipt sent to scammer by “Martin”)
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 14:28:23 +1000
Subject: Re: I have just completed the payment..Reply Asap

To:

Hello, what is this you are trying to do..I expected you to know its $2,500 that is meant to be sent to my courier agent..
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 2:46 PM, Martin McFly <> wrote:

Sorry there, I made a mistake. Can you refund my over payment or should I go back in time? The flux capacitor is warmed up ready to go if needed.

Martin
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 14:48:45 +1000

To:

go back
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 2:59 PM, Martin McFly <> wrote:

Ok will do now.

Whoo hoo, I'm back now, I sure did have a hard time fixing the problem it while avoiding contact with my former self, you know, you can't interupt the space time continuum or the universe will colapse on itself.

By the way, I got a tyre puncture on the way back, is this a problem for you? I don't want your vacation ruined by not having a spare tyre.

Martin

Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 15:02:10 +1000
To:

LOL MADT MAN

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 3:21 PM, Martin McFly <> wrote:

Glad you are ammused but there are 2 issues:
1. I went into the future and have to warn you not to drive the car after 4 October 2021 (if you still have it) as the plutonium reactor is due to expire with catastrophic results
2. Thanks for you bank account details, I guess you missed that trojan virus I sent, you may notice less funds in you account by tomorrow morning, HAHAHAHAHAHA

LMFAO

Isuzu MUX
2013 Goldstream 16' poptop with bunk
Van- http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=31445

Offline wilson79

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2015, 01:17:21 PM »
Gold!!!! :cup:
Regards,

Wilson79

My camper, http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=39588.msg711354#msg711354
2014 Ecomate Traveller FF

My Tug, OCT 2016 VDJ200 VX Landcruiser
http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=54907.msg955281#msg955281

Offline oldmate

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2015, 01:19:08 PM »
Our Blog. A work in progress
https://www.facebook.com/UltimateAdventuresBlog/

Offline 2010banditsa

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Cheers- It's 12 O'clock somewhere
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2015, 01:23:58 PM »
yeah provided some amusement on the day... we also used to have competitions to see who could get the wierdest letters printed in the messenger and advertiser letters to the editor section
Isuzu MUX
2013 Goldstream 16' poptop with bunk
Van- http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=31445