Author Topic: KK Sports RV Competitors  (Read 3516 times)

Offline AOB

• Learning the Ropes
KK Sports RV Competitors
« on: February 04, 2013, 08:18:03 AM »
Hi All,

Long time reader, first time poster. I'm nervous about posting a question like this so lets please keep it objective.

I'm in the process of finding a camper trailer and have looked and looked over the years but keep coming back to the KK Sports RV model.

Our intention is to have a camper that is ready to go for quick weekends away several times a year, but also suitable for the occasional long term trip, up to a month or more.

So, I'm wondering if anyone can suggest some alternatives for me for to look at. The prime reasons I'm keen on the Sports is low weight, included features and ease of setup.  I'm not too fussed about internal space as we tend to camp outdoors, not inside. If space/weather becomes a problem you can always zip walls onto the annex. We have two small kids (2 and 10 months) who will sleep on the hard floor for now and eventually add the room out the back for them. One of the key reasons I'm looking at this type of manufacturer is they have plenty of extras that can be added at a later date, keeping the initial price low.

Most other quality manufacturers of this type of camper don't compete in the Sports RV space. Myswag and Australian off road plus other all have top quality campers but are much larger and heavier than what I'm looking for. Camprite and Ultimate are great designs as well, they compete on all aspects with the exception of price.

So, any suggestions? Or is there any Sports RV owners out here who think it's too small or not enough storage space? I actually prefer to have a constrained space so that you think long and hard about whether to throw something in or leave it out.. comes from all the years of hiking I suppose.

Thanks for the help.
-Andrew.

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
Re: KK Sports RV Competitors
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 08:36:46 AM »
What is your budget?
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline fuji

• "Tail End Charlie"
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • "nolle timere" Don't be afraid
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 08:44:19 AM »
Must be at least the high 30s I reckon Bruce.

Hi Andrew
I had a look at Southern Land Campers before I bought our Aussie Swag. I went to the factory and they look pretty good. Here is the link.

http://www.southernlandcampers.com.au/
2017 (79 series) Landcruiser, and Evernew E100😎

Offline AOB

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2013, 09:03:09 AM »
Thanks Guys,

Yes, would prefer low to mid 30's. I will not break the 40k mark.

Southern Land Looks very interesting.. Thanks for the link.

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2013, 09:09:41 AM »
What about a Cub?
I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline bdw

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2013, 09:35:17 AM »
I was in the same position last year, had an Xtrail ranger which was great and good value for $$ but was long, heavy (lot of towball weight) and a bit of a pain to set up, pack up.
Looked  everywhere and at everything and brought a KK sports rv ltd at xmas for pretty much the same reasons. Looked at all the others and imo the kk is well ahead of the rest.
We have only used it once so far on ausday w/end and are very happy with it.

Offline WilSurf

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2013, 09:52:15 AM »
We have the SportsRV and storage isn't an issue for us.
It looks small but when we go away for a weekend, our 2 kids are sleeping inside as well.
- Kimberley Kamper Sports RV Limited Edition
- Lexus LX470 V8, E-locker, ARB Sahara bullbar

Offline red t ute

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2013, 10:58:04 AM »
Kimberley Kamper Limited Edition thats what we bought last year. I would find it hard having less space would make it very hard to travel with + the hot water system is so easy just push the button and you have hot water in 3 minutes.
I have two young kids as well If i didt buy the Kimberly I would of bought a good/high end soft floor as there is more space to storge stuff that you need to take when traveling with a kids and a wife.

Offline fabulous

• Tent User
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2013, 11:09:28 AM »
Our Camper

http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=5261.0

Our Patrol

http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=10214.msg152303#msg152303

Offline BigJules

• Administrator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Just Cruisin' - I wish...
    • I'm so much cooler online :D
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2013, 11:31:50 AM »
I reckon if you think that camper is the one, just go for it. You won't regret it.

There are so many other good campers, and we'll all have an opinion about why this one worked for us, or didn't. There is no perfect camper, only the camper you can afford and get to use.

I will put my hand up and suggest that a high quality soft floor camper would compete. I say this because you've got two children, who grow and need more space. Also, your littlest camper will be taking up more space, with possibly a pram, a portacot, a high chair and all the things that we use for babies these days.

The better soft floors are as easy to set up and pack away as a hard floor, and offer a lot more camping space, now and into the future, plus a bunch more storage space for traveling. These will also fit your budget, plus resale will be every bit as good and the sale process easier because there are less walkway campers on the market.
Julian
Land Cruiser V8 + Trackabout Safari SV Extenda
MySwag Gallery, Photobucket
Sydney Agent for www.trackabout.com.au
Mallee Gear - Tough as nails

Offline fuji

• "Tail End Charlie"
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • "nolle timere" Don't be afraid
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2013, 01:36:50 PM »
I reckon if you think that camper is the one, just go for it. You won't regret it.

There are so many other good campers, and we'll all have an opinion about why this one worked for us, or didn't. There is no perfect camper, only the camper you can afford and get to use.

I will put my hand up and suggest that a high quality soft floor camper would compete. I say this because you've got two children, who grow and need more space. Also, your littlest camper will be taking up more space, with possibly a pram, a portacot, a high chair and all the things that we use for babies these days.

The better soft floors are as easy to set up and pack away as a hard floor, and offer a lot more camping space, now and into the future, plus a bunch more storage space for traveling. These will also fit your budget, plus resale will be every bit as good and the sale process easier because there are less walkway campers on the market.

Can't disagree with that and you can pick up so beauties whether new or pre-loved for under that price. Not much room in the ASC but its enough for us 2&1/2 peoples.  :cheers:
2017 (79 series) Landcruiser, and Evernew E100😎