Author Topic: Farm Fencing  (Read 4667 times)

Offline DannyG

• Hard Top Camper User
  • The best way to predict the future is to create it
    • Oz Isuzu Forum
Re: Farm Fencing
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2019, 05:37:17 PM »
If you could get it for $8 a metre to include materials and installation that is a good price. Price up your materials first as well as any equipment you need to buy/hire, then make a choice on doing it yourself or getting the professionals to do it.

Yeh I agree. I’ll go through the process soon of pricing it all myself and see what I come up with.

For a few hundred dollars it may be best left to the experts
Not a virus, not a re-install, not a format, not an issue since 2011..once you go mac you never go back

Oz Isuzu Forums
My Trailer Build

Offline DrewXT

• Hard Floor Camper User
Re: Farm Fencing
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2019, 11:28:26 PM »
I've refenced our 70 acres in Gippsland over the past 25 years, and worked quite a bit with one of the local contractors.

We used pine posts, rammed with the tractor for all fences, irrespective of barbed, ring lock, smooth electric or electric standoff.

By the time you stuff about with droppers and tying them on, and/or replacing them (even the gal ones rust), we've found that pine, even in 4-5 inch last longer, are easier to put in, and don't pull out as easily if they're in a gully...

These days, we just get someone in to do it, as it's cheaper than taking time off work to do it ourselves...

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

2013 Amarok Highline
2015 Customline Adventure Walkup