Author Topic: Thin end of the wedge  (Read 1607 times)

Offline xcvator

• 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
spending the kids inheritance as fast as I can

tug 2018 Isuzu Mux LSU
1999 se diesel Jackaroo
July 10/2012  outback campers "Tanami"
New Age "Little Joey"

Offline macca

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: Thin end of the wedge
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2018, 12:57:09 PM »
Been coming for quite a while now Keith, that lower Ovens area i know like the back of my hand, we have been camping in that area for well over 40 years, used to shoot right thru those wet lands between the Ovens and the Murray, there are miles of creeks and lagoons there that we basically had to ourselves years ago. Unfortunately the Parolas Bend, Williams Creek  area  was found by grey nomads, it used to be a small area that not many people knew about but when they found it they set up camp for months, last time i called in there by boat it was like a shanty town and we were saying then that it wouldnt be long before it too was gone. They have been amalgamating the areas into state parks for the last few years and they are talking to the property owner where we camp now and giving him quite a bit of grief, it will mean we will probably have to move back off the crown land and onto his private property. Its only a matter of time before there are serious restrictions on campfires up there

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk