Author Topic: Brisbane Caravan and Camping Show 2018  (Read 5225 times)

Offline GBC

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: Brisbane Caravan and Camping Show 2018
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2018, 11:39:01 AM »
Did anyone see the new Hybrid that Modcon are now selling?

it looked pretty good for the 30k asking price. I don't climb over it but what I did see it looked like a great starter..

I have no idea why the pictures are on their side but I cant seem to change it?

Yep. Saw it. It’s their first one so the finishes are average at best. It looks like they rushed to get it ready. I like the ‘concept’ a lot. They have borrowed all the right ideas eg complete campsite rear ensuite etc. I have no doubt their production models will be an improvement.

Offline weeds

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2018, 03:38:54 PM »
Ha, what until you see their Unimog in the flesh.  Now that is something to dream about

Checked it out today......asked if they had re-powered the ex-army mog, sadly they haven’t. 85km/hr max. They have getting massive rubber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline BaseCamp

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Shake & Bake BB!
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2018, 04:50:28 PM »
As seen at the Show.....

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

You get out and in to the world -- you take more @#&$. …You climb a little higher, ..you take less @#&$.  …Till one day -- you're up in the rarefied atmosphere -- and you've forgotten what @#&$ even looks like….  Welcome to the layer cake son.

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2018, 05:18:05 PM »
Ohh Nooo !!
A caravan with a chassis that isnt at least  12"  deep and drawbar 7' long with hulking boxes all over it, Overide brakes  and leaf springs and tiny wheels with a foot of ground clearance  ...... That'l never survive  ...
Theres a fair chance its seen / been off the beaten track more than most of the $100.000  Blinged out mile high pimp mobile display homes on wheels  ever will ...  ;D ;D
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "

Offline rockrat

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2018, 05:58:25 PM »
Spent 5 hours wandering around the show today.  Plenty to drool over even though I'm not in the market for a new van/camper.  I pity those who are though - there are so many manufacturers, I'd get a headache just thinking about how to narrow it down.

I'm a fair way from retirement but if I compare repayments on a good campervan against what I'd get in rent for the house, I'd still have a few hundred a week to spend on expenses whilst travelling full time - if I didn't have a mortgage.

Liked the look of the Ozpig but just couldn't bring myself to spend nearly $400 on one.  Settled for a simple bbq plate and might checkout the Kings one as the 4wd super centre next time I'm there.

The following users thanked this post: PWE

Offline Paddler Ed

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2018, 06:31:46 PM »
Some of those euro imports claiming low weight seemed to have cheap looking fittings etc.
Just my opinion of course.

The UK stuff does tend to be a bit more lightly built - my parents had UK vans from about 1984 to 2000, and then switched to German vans. They now keep their vans for 5 to 7 years, whereas a UK van was kept for 3 years max...

A lot of the weight saved is in the chassis construction (C-section) and lighter panels. Interiors are a bit thinner as well.
The following users thanked this post: archer63