Author Topic: Road Trains  (Read 5346 times)

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
Re: Road Trains
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2018, 01:12:51 PM »
Quote from: macca
Yeah but somewhere in the next 1000 km there maybe a hill that slows Kev down, so better pass just in case, see over the next 1000k they are going to save 5.2 seconds of their valuable time by not being stuck behind Kev if he does happen across that hill, they don't give a Shit about the hour and half it adds to Kev's trip
I think it comes back to the fact Kev is towing a 3.5t mobile roadblock and the assumption he must be going slow.... must pass at all costs.
I know from bike riding days its better to be infront of and clear of ****tards than behind them :)
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Craig Tomkinson

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2018, 01:31:17 PM »
I have no trouble with Roadtrains on dirt roads if they are coming towards me I just get right over to the left and pull up and wind up my windows and watch them go past, I have never had one pass me unless I was already pulled up, And I can not remember the last time I passed one,  Caravans well that's a different story years ago I would get stuck behind one or two every trip, But not much theses days I think I slow them down as most have much more power than me, But once I hit the dirt to Weipa i have had a few close shaves, one bloke pulling a 18ft van was pulled up in the middle of the road on a blind corner taking photos of birds Lucky I have great brakes on my 4wd and trailer, another fellow coming towards us towing a 20ft van lost both his gas bottles off his Aframe and they came down the road towards us like missiles lucky they missed,  We pulled up and helped him fix them up, Funny things you see on the road, Craig
1990 80 series 1HZ hill sniffer rebiult with 2 inch lift
1982 Jayco Jaylark  pop up van rebuilt
1999 5m Quintrex King on heavy duty offroad boat trailer

Offline macca

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2018, 01:55:13 PM »
I think it comes back to the fact Kev is towing a 3.5t mobile roadblock and the assumption he must be going slow.... must pass at all costs.
I know from bike riding days its better to be infront of and clear of ****tards than behind them :)
Thats not a nice thing to call Kev

Sent from my SM-T815Y using Tapatalk

The following users thanked this post: Rumpig

Offline krisandkev

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2018, 02:38:07 PM »
Thats not a nice thing to call Kev

Sent from my SM-T815Y using Tapatalk

Has he been talking to my wife.  :angel:

But I have found that even with our cruiser. People want to get in front of you because it is a big car so must be slow. Then you have to pass them again and they give you a look.   Kevin
Kris and Kev
2008 TTD Landcruiser 200 GXL, Aust Off Road Camper, 20ft Bushtracker.

Offline Cruiser 105Tvan

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Another Tvan owner.
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2018, 07:09:06 PM »
Kev, its not because Cruisers are slow, ok. 
It's because they want to sit right on your hammer and then cannot see past your truck.
That's why they pass you, they want to see what's going on.
Then they ruin everybody else's day by slowing down and trying to park under the front of your vehicle.
Robert. 
VK3PPC, VZU641.
2000 FZJ105r bars,
HDJ105r Bars F&R, VRS Winch, ATZ. P3's, a cupla 2 ways as well.
and 2009 Canning Tvan pushing.