Author Topic: Acknowledgement of Excellent Service From NSW Customline Agent  (Read 5252 times)

Offline DropBearRacing

• Soft Floor Camper User
As some of you know I recently took possession of my new Customline Adventure Walk-up Camper.  The family loves it and can't wait to get away in it (less than a week now  :D).  We bought our Customline from the NSW Agent, John CONNOR at Camper Craft in West Gosford.  From the moment that I first walked into John's workshop I have received nothing but excellent customer service from him.  His product knowledge is fantastic and it is obvious that he has been camping for a very long time.  During the initial decision making process he put one of his display campers up and down for me on several occasions and then allowed me to do the same. 

We then met him about 2 months later at a trade show and he remembered us and made us feel very welcome and once again showed us through the models that he had on display at the show. 

Then when it came time to actually order, he made some suggestions to us in relation to optional upgrades etc advising what may work better with different options (I think he may have even done himself out of a sale or two of a couple of optional extras).
Now most people would read this and say "So what, sales people will do anything for a sale and will be your best friend right up until they get your money".  I don't disagree with a statement like this and have seen it plenty of times in the past and will see it again I suppose.  I always judge a business by the customer service levels they provide once they have your money.

Now John's Customer Service is exceptional as far as I'm concerned.  He kept me informed all the way through the build process, he continued to answer my questions even after I had paid a deposit and he stayed in contact both by phone and email. 

On delivery day John spent hours with me going over the entire camper, enduring me putting it up and down a couple of times and asking a hell of a lot more questions.  Now John through his business Camper Craft not only sell Customline Camper Trailers, he services and fits out other brands of camper trailers, caravans and motorhomes.  He spends a fair bit of time fitting up 12 volt electrical systems.  Knowing this I picked his brain on 12 volt systems to get a better understanding of what I was about to do with my new trailer.  John knew I was going to be having a go at this myself and there was nothing in it for him  but he still offered advice based on his years of experience.

I have been busy since taking possession of our new trailer, putting it up and down several times and seasoning the canvass etc.  whilst doing this I noticed a couple of small issues that required to be fixed under warranty.  A phone call to John, "No problems Mick, bring it down when it suits you and we'll fix it for ya" was his reply.  There were no questions about how or what may have happened to cause a repair to occur. 

Anyway I took my trailer back to John yesterday, he spent a couple of hours fixing a couple of issues I had (I think I may have even been the cause of one of the repairs).  He even provided morning tea for the both of us and was very apologetic for me having to bring the trailer back.

Some people may say, so what? you're rambling on about nothing special.  That may be the case to some people, but as far as I'm concerned in todays world where turnover is more important than repeat customers, manufacturing is being moved off shore and small businesses are closing down hand over fist, I thought I would take the time to highlight on here the excellent service (as far as I'm concerned) from a small business in my neck of the woods, especially when more often than not we hear about the horror stories and poor customer service.

I've had excellent service from Ian and Rod and the boys and girls at Customline Campers and their NSW Agent John Conner at Camper Craft in West Gosford has been no different and has continued that excellent service. 

:cup: :cheers:I just wanted to say Thank you guys.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 08:03:45 PM by Dogsta »
The Bear made me do it!!

Offline Topender

• Soft Floor Camper User
Re: Acknowledgement of Excellent Service
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 04:46:37 PM »
I don't think you're rambling.  I think you have done exactly what most people these days forget to do.  Instead all we seem to hear about are the negatives.  It is great to hear the positives, especially when it comes to customer service.  Like you said after sales service is the key.  They all treat you like a King until they get your $$$'s it's after that counts.

I speak from the negative side with my Jayco.  Caravanland over here in the West are the compete opposite to your experience.  I will never buy another Jayco from them that is for sure.  I love our camper, but if I ever upgrade to another Jayco I will drive over East rather than give them another cent. Good on you for Acknowledging John's great service, I just wish we heard about that sort of thing more often

Dave
Nissan X-trail TL dci & 2012 Jayco Outback Swan

Offline Fathom

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2014, 04:54:07 PM »
Agreed. That's not rambling. Excellent to hear of top quality service.
Always give 100%... Unless you are giving blood.. then it may not go so well...

Offline Beachman

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2014, 04:54:32 PM »
Good on you for putting in the time and effort giving this guys a good wrap as nothing wrong with promoting good customer service.

Offline fuji

• "Tail End Charlie"
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • "nolle timere" Don't be afraid
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2014, 05:44:14 PM »
John Connor knows his stuff and would not hesitate to buy a product from him.
2017 (79 series) Landcruiser, and Evernew E100😎

Tractor88

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2014, 05:48:45 PM »
Good on you mate for the post as I find it fantastic to hear a glowing report for customer service for any brand/item. As mentioned above most of the time we all read the negative reports from dissatisfied customers and have all encountered it in our purchases at one time or another. So far in relation to Customline Campers all I have ever heard was comments from very satisfied customers about both the quality and service provided by them. Its good to see that those dealers selling the Customline brand in other parts of this country are just as passionate and customer orientated. Customline were on our short list before we ended up buying, and the only reason we didn't purchase through them is because we went with a rear fold hard floor Australian built camper. It was a very close race though. An excellent product backed by an excellent team. Thanks again for posting a positive and happy comment Dogsta.

:cheers:

Offline db

• 2019 National Meet Volunteer
  • Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2014, 06:41:11 PM »
Its really good to hear of good service and products.  I hope he continues both and profits accordingly.  As consumers we certainly reap the benefits.  :cheers:
Modcon Quattro
NW Pajero GLX-R

Offline builder94

• Swag User
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2014, 06:49:32 PM »
Same experience from John, value added the purchase of a customline camper. Would recommend product and the buying experience.   Made the outlay of the hard earned this :D rather than this  >:(

nbd73

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2014, 06:58:48 PM »
This is a most excellent topic, OP, and responses. What a breath of fresh air to read about not only positive experiences when buying and after sales, but also everyone else's attitude and fellow stories.  I hope that the custom line member on myswag reads this and eventually the feedback reaches the dealer named. Oh so true was an earlier comment, everything is expected to be done properly so we forget to commend those who do, and only whinge at those who don't.
 :cup: :cup:

Offline Cruiser 105Tvan

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Another Tvan owner.
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2014, 07:04:12 PM »
Well done Mick, good to hear.

It's not the dealer you whinge at.
It's more likely to be whinging about the dealer to others.
And they never go back to get the problems sorted.
Robert. 
VK3PPC, VZU641.
2000 FZJ105r bars,
HDJ105r Bars F&R, VRS Winch, ATZ. P3's, a cupla 2 ways as well.
and 2009 Canning Tvan pushing.

Offline Mace

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Life's to short to drive a boring vehicle.
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2014, 07:51:07 PM »
I think you should add the words "from Customline agent" to your thread title. 

Credit due where the sales experience merits it.

Great to read stuff like this no matter what brand of CT you own.
2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel
2009 Coromal 452
2002 Commodore SS (The Toy)

Offline DropBearRacing

• Soft Floor Camper User
Re: Acknowledgement of Excellent Service From NSW Customline Agent
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2014, 08:04:07 PM »
Thanks Mace, updated.
The Bear made me do it!!

Offline woolgoolgaoffroad

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Hardfloor
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2014, 08:06:07 PM »
Agreed. That's not rambling. Excellent to hear of top quality service.

well said
Kev

http://woolgoolgaoffroad.blogspot.com.au
Landcruiser + Ultra Breakaway

Offline Mace

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Life's to short to drive a boring vehicle.
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2014, 08:30:37 PM »
You need to edit your original post to get title to carry thru.( I think)

No, perhaps not, seems to be working.

2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel
2009 Coromal 452
2002 Commodore SS (The Toy)

Offline rodsswag

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Always dreamed it, now living it!!!!!!!
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2014, 09:42:27 PM »
As most of you know on here, I work for Customline.
This is fantastic to hear and when I am back at work next I will contact John Connor and let him know (if he hasn't seen this already)
John is a member on here as well.
I have been dealing with John for a few years now and he is a great guy with lots of knowledge, and more than happy to share what he knows.

Great work John.

Rod.........
Swag
Coramal Caravan

Offline Black Diamond

• "IF IT HAS TITS OR WHEELS IT WILL GIVE YOU TROUBLE........"
  • 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Cruisin through Life in the 80.......
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2014, 09:51:27 PM »
This is top stuff allround. Exceptional service shouldn't go unnoticed and good on you for posting it up. Having members like this on here can only be good for the forum.
And don't forget the most important thing, enjoy!

:cheers:  BD
1996 80 series Cruiser
2005 Coota Camper - The legend lives on.....

Offline fuji

• "Tail End Charlie"
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • "nolle timere" Don't be afraid
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2014, 10:17:56 AM »
Well said Rod. I'm sure JC will appreciate it.
Wayne
2017 (79 series) Landcruiser, and Evernew E100😎

Offline DropBearRacing

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2014, 11:41:11 AM »
Thanks Rod, I did thank John like I have thanked you and Ian but I wanted to highlight what an asset he is to the Customline brand. We don't do this enough (thanking and acknowledging good work/service). I've seen on other forums a topic just for saying thanks or acknowledging good work/service from businesses.  There's no negative allowed usually and members need a minimum post count prior to being allowed to post in the topic. Maybe we could do something like that on here?
The Bear made me do it!!

nbd73

« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2014, 01:35:25 PM »
Minimum posts required = 300?? ;D

Offline DropBearRacing

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2014, 07:07:35 PM »
Minimum posts required = 300?? ;D
I didn't see that  ;D but here you go I qualify now  :laugh: :laugh:
The Bear made me do it!!

Offline Topender

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2014, 08:43:58 PM »
I didn't see that  ;D but here you go I qualify now  :laugh: :laugh:

LOL

Nissan X-trail TL dci & 2012 Jayco Outback Swan

Offline John Connor

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2014, 07:47:21 PM »
Hi Mick,

just saw your post on my "excellent service" (yes it did take me a while). It is much appreciated, it is really good to find people out there who appreciate old fashioned service.

BASIC PRINCIPLE: treat your customers as you would like to be treated.

By the way the jug is always on and coffee and biscuits are available to all.

again thanks to all for the kind comments

John Connor
Camper Tragic