Author Topic: ABC Camper  (Read 5316 times)

Offline bluejay

• Soft Floor Camper User
ABC Camper
« on: January 13, 2014, 09:14:45 PM »
Hi all

Have just come across the" ABC Camper "web site they are based in Edmonton Cairns I like the look of the forward folding model they have on their site wondering if any one has one of these campers and what are your thoughts on them  . Lets not get into a" mine is better" "that is crap" slanging match if you have one then please comment ,if your uncle has a friend who knows some one who  has a  work mate who heard something about them please dont comment  You know what im trying to say thankyou
Bluejay

Offline muzza01

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Y62 S5 Nissan Patrol and Tanami 13 Hybrid
    • Photobucket Muz
Re: ABC Camper
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 09:57:18 PM »
I have had a real close look at their two hardfloor rear fold models in their workshop last year. At that stage they didn't have the soft floor or the forward fold models.
The paint finish (painted by them) on all four CT's I have looked at were very average. Overspray and paint in a lot of areas it shouldn't have been.

What I found disappointing, was that the owners never admitted to using imprted components when I brought up the subject. Don't get me wrong, I got nothing against imported CTs as I own one. I just don't like sales people being dishonest about it.
I am sure you are aware that their FF model is also imported. Just make sure you have a rel close look over their CT's when you inspect.

I don't know of anyone who owns one to give you a better reference. Good luck with you Hunt.

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2014, 01:42:49 AM »
This could be interesting to follow .  :cheers:
You can go your own way . Treg Up & Make Dust

Offline Barrabart

• "Queenslander forever, forever Queenslander"
  • Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2014, 07:41:00 AM »
G'day Bluejay,

Mate I haven't heard of anyone on here saying they'd bought one, (though am probably wrong) maybe ask the Cairns dealer how many of the model u r interested in have they sold..... most good dealers will be happy for you to talk with other satisfied customers..... maybe this could be a option for you...

Good luck.  :cheers:
Trackabout Safari towed by an old HJ75 Cruiser Tray Back.. Lovin'it!!!

scarps

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2014, 09:24:55 AM »
Hi Bluejay,
I mentioned your post to my uncle who has a friend who knows some one who has a work mate who heard something about them. He's disappointed but understands. If you change your mind, I can let him know.

Offline wilson79

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2014, 10:44:32 AM »
I too had a look over there rear fold hard floors last year as I travel there for work quite often I thought thier finish was average. Rough edges from cutting, overspray, tent looked sagy and loose but may have been the way it was set up.
I asked if I could see the unit set up and the lady there took a deep breath and sighed before saying "If you must". She then tried to open it up and did not seem to know what to do therefore I hadnt been back. She did however admit to me that the tubs were imported and the rest fitted out in their workshop in Cairns
Regards,

Wilson79

My camper, http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=39588.msg711354#msg711354
2014 Ecomate Traveller FF

My Tug, OCT 2016 VDJ200 VX Landcruiser
http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=54907.msg955281#msg955281

Offline bluejay

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2014, 04:16:22 PM »
Hi scraps tell your uncle and his followers that their opinion is not needed thanks any way

Offline muzza01

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Y62 S5 Nissan Patrol and Tanami 13 Hybrid
    • Photobucket Muz
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2014, 04:48:03 PM »
If you give them a call, you can make an appt with them and they will go through the whole CT with you. I was there for at least an hour when I checked their CTs out.

scarps

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2014, 06:30:08 PM »

If you give them a call, you can make an appt with them and they will go through the whole CT with you. I was there for at least an hour when I checked their CTs out.
pfrew!!! For a moment there I thought you were talking about my uncle.....