Author Topic: Aboriginal Art in Alice Springs  (Read 1273 times)

Offline r0ssrg

• Tent User
  • Oz Lap begins 15/06/2013
    • XCape to our Aussie adventure
Aboriginal Art in Alice Springs
« on: July 09, 2013, 10:57:31 AM »
Hi All

My wife wants some Aboriginal Art while we're in the Alice.  Don't want to pay Art Gallery prices.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Rossco
Follow us on :  www.xcape.com.au   www.facebook.com/XcapeAustralia

Nissan Navara 2008 STX.  TJM 2in Lift kit, TJM Canopy, TJM Bash Plate, TJM Snorkel, Deep Cycle Gel Aux battery.  Plus Rhino Roof racks, BFG All Terrains.

Modcon 2008 Overlander.

Offline Alan Loy

• Hard Floor Camper User
Re: Aboriginal Art in Alice Springs
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 11:55:39 AM »
We picked up some art at the co-op stall at Yulara.  We were very happy with both the quality and the prices. 

Being both a stall (no overheads) and a co - op (money goes straight to the artists) I like the concept as well  ;D

There was a variety of styles and we bought some that were a bit different.  I only wish we bought a couple of pieces that we thought were to big.

Offline r0ssrg

• Tent User
  • Oz Lap begins 15/06/2013
    • XCape to our Aussie adventure
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2013, 01:12:15 PM »
Thanks Alan, we'll be off to Uluru as soon as the rain stops.  Will check out your suggestion.

Rossco
Follow us on :  www.xcape.com.au   www.facebook.com/XcapeAustralia

Nissan Navara 2008 STX.  TJM 2in Lift kit, TJM Canopy, TJM Bash Plate, TJM Snorkel, Deep Cycle Gel Aux battery.  Plus Rhino Roof racks, BFG All Terrains.

Modcon 2008 Overlander.

Offline Ynot

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Tony. Prado 150 GXL, Coromal 632RTP
Aboriginal Art in Alice Springs
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2013, 02:17:05 PM »
We bought some in the mall in alice, cheap but while it looks ok the stores tell you it won't last.

For twenty or thirty bucks I was happy though.

Regards
How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?  (Homer J Simpson).

Offline areyonga

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2013, 03:36:08 PM »
If your going to Kings Canyon have a look at Kings Creek Station as I was there a couple of weeks ago and they had some there made by the locals in the area, I bought some as it was a little different in a nice way.

Trevor
PS: you may have to ask to see the paintings as they are not always out on show.
Toyota Landcruiser 200, Olympic Marathon 22.6 van