Author Topic: NSW rego transfer  (Read 1413 times)

Offline V8CRSA

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Just waiting to hit the open road again......
NSW rego transfer
« on: April 22, 2013, 09:01:36 PM »
Hi guys,

just sold our camper,and we went to vicroads to get a new rego lable printed....only to find out it has had the rego cancelled.
When our son was born last year the camper rego must of gone to the back burner and jus got forgotten about.
The family that has agreed to purchase our camper is from NSW,we have arranged a 30 day permit for them to get it home.
What needs to be done in NSW to get an unregistered camper registered ? Do you need a blue slip ?

cheers, Matt
2013 GXL TTD 200 SERIES CRUISER
2015 Kimberley Kamper Classic
Not quite "ATS" but working on it

Offline Jaysea

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • To go where I have never been
    • My 4WD Site
Re: NSW rego transfer
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2013, 10:40:46 PM »
Yes they need to get a vehicle identity and safety report ( previously called blue slip). It simple and did not cost me much.

They do need to be careful with the RTA who tried to charge me stamp duty when i registered. Despite a note on their own web site saying camper trailers are exempt they refused as their "computer" was saying orherwise.  I ended up having to get the refund through state revenue.
Jaysea

2012 Prado GXL + Adventure Camper

My build: http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=17776.0
My photos & travels: www.lensontheroad.com
My facebook: http://tinyurl.com/k2haolg

Offline uncyspam

• Swag User
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 11:38:27 AM »
campers are exempt, but only if the body is fixed. If it can be used as a box trailer, then it has stamp duty payable.

Make sure when the inspector does the blue slip they mark as a camper, and not a box trailer with tent.

Offline bushbandit

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Oh To Be On The Wallaby
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 11:55:33 AM »
From my experience last year after i purchased from QLD and came back to NSW it had to have a check that they first acess the RTA computer system where CT manufactures are registered hopefully on there with al the specifications of the actual brand name CT plus build info.This is where it states the designation of the CT if it doesnt come under what the RTA exemption is for waivering fees they try and charge you.The guy doing the inspection is compelled to fill out the form for the CT as per what it is designated as on the system .My manufacturer was not on the system so he had to do a manual inspection for compliance which again is more money.When i got to the RTA she phoned the inspector in regards to it being a box trailer etc after a bit of sorting they decided to waiver the stamp duty.

2013 Mitsubishi Triton GLR 4x4
2015 Jayco Swift Outback