Author Topic: Caravan Electrical Certificate in NSW  (Read 2519 times)

Offline KeithB

• Hard Floor Camper User
Caravan Electrical Certificate in NSW
« on: August 10, 2019, 04:24:30 AM »
I am about to get my home built caravan registered for the first time in NSW and my sparky is unsure of what paperwork to use. It is the same form that you use for a house?
https://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0020/371342/CCEW_template.pdf
Or is there a special form for caravans?
Keith
200 Series 2008, bull bar, Airmax snorkel,rack with 200 watt solar, third battery, winch, 33's with 2 spares, long range tank, drawers & barrier, bash plates, lifted & locked, Richards transmission lockup plus plenty of dings. Now towing the new Off Road Glamper.

Offline loddo

• Learning the Ropes
Re: Caravan Electrical Certificate in NSW
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2019, 04:16:16 PM »
Hi Keith     you only need  a gas certificate for redgo.      your sparky can fill out the CCEW form a copy for you and send one to the dept of fair trading. half the form he will have trouble filling out as you will not have a energy supplier,meter provider or a nmi number so a lot of the form will have  N/A in the boxes.
Retired sparky. Ham radio operator.

Offline KeithB

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2019, 05:09:53 PM »
Thanks Loddo. That look like the only form that exists in NSW.
Keith
200 Series 2008, bull bar, Airmax snorkel,rack with 200 watt solar, third battery, winch, 33's with 2 spares, long range tank, drawers & barrier, bash plates, lifted & locked, Richards transmission lockup plus plenty of dings. Now towing the new Off Road Glamper.
The following users thanked this post: 4runnernomore

Offline rags

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2019, 07:54:32 PM »
Keith, your gas fitter fills in this form and emails into FT and the work will never be audited.
https://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0017/371402/2019_02_06-NSW-Fair-Trading-Gas-CoC.pdf
The gas fitter will also fit a compliance plate and attach adjacent to the regulator.

When getting your blue slip the certifier will usually look for the gas compliance plate. You don’t need the gas certificate for RMS purposes and certainly don’t need an electrical certificate.

I am doing gas installs on some vans in NSW and  the mob doing the rego checks don’t want the gas bottle/ regulator fitted until after rego is issued. Not sure why but doesn’t worry me.