Author Topic: Platinum Soft Floor Cadet S2  (Read 2349 times)

Offline Toowoomba_MUX

• Learning the Ropes
Platinum Soft Floor Cadet S2
« on: March 03, 2019, 07:58:47 AM »
Hi all,

I will be purchasing a new camper in the coming weeks and was looking at the Platinum Cadet S2 camper. Does anyone have any issues with this camper?

We are liking that it come with the LED lights built in already as well as the 110L water tank so that we can use the jerry can holders for fuel.

The other campers that we were/are looking at are the Mars Maven (not sure about the lighting in it, however the Rover hard floor does) and the EMU Campers X-Country (which is pretty basic setup, but lots of potential to build upon).

We are hoping to have as much gear in the camper as possible so we can get it out of the car.

Any feedback on the above campers would be helpful.

I will be using a 2017 Isuzu MU-X as my tow vehicle.

Thanks.

MUX.

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
Re: Platinum Soft Floor Cadet S2
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2019, 08:32:52 AM »
In all honesty mate I reckon you would be better off buying second hand. There are many hundreds of good used soft top campers for sale. Majority will have additions and mods to make them more reliable, user friendly and easier to live with.  You,ll save many dollars and this money can be used to either spend for more camping mods or fuel to get away with.
Having lots of friends on farcebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...means absolutely nothing!!

Offline Toowoomba_MUX

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2019, 09:28:51 AM »
Hi Bigfish,

Yeah I have been looking around and there isn't really much that I can find in the $12000 price range here in SEQ that isn't MDC.

Offline Kangaron

• "Don't make excuses, Make it Happen."
  • Hard Top Camper User

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2019, 10:28:36 AM »
They are out there.  So what if you have to travel 500klms.  I like the Longreach mentioned in the post above.  There really are a lot to choose from....MOST IMPORTANT...Work out exactly what you want!!
Having lots of friends on farcebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...means absolutely nothing!!

Offline SEADOO

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2019, 09:46:14 PM »
PM sent mate.

We have a 2015 Lifestyle Elite Wlakthrough we are selling to buy a van.

Located in Meringandan.

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2019, 09:55:13 PM »
In all honesty mate I reckon you would be better off buying second hand. There are many hundreds of good used soft top campers for sale. Majority will have additions and mods to make them more reliable, user friendly and easier to live with.  You,ll save many dollars and this money can be used to either spend for more camping mods or fuel to get away with.

This x2

They are out there.  So what if you have to travel 500klms.  I like the Longreach mentioned in the post above.  There really are a lot to choose from....MOST IMPORTANT...Work out exactly what you want!!

Where have you been looking? https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-camper-trailers/toowoomba/camper+trailer/k0c20105l3006427r250?price=6000.00__13000.00

Offline McTavish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2019, 10:17:20 PM »
If I was in the market for a soft floor - I'd pay the transport for D4D's Customline.   Melts with quality compared to most imports..

And you'd have change left over - not for mods as they have been done and done well (see linked thread).

http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=55500.0

http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=31808
Vacation Camper & McTavish surfboard - what more does a guy need??