Author Topic: Show us the Unique Camping Spots you have been.  (Read 1967 times)

Offline HEM19X

• Hard Top Camper User
  • If I agree with you, then we would both be wrong!
Show us the Unique Camping Spots you have been.
« on: April 20, 2013, 01:51:11 AM »
We all have our favourite camping spots that are unique for all different reasons. Some private property that only a few have access to or a place that has been lost due to track closures and the like. Even ones that you haven't been back to because you haven't got the time.

The memory of a perfect camping experience when everything went to plan.

For us that special place is only an hour or 2 away but has now been fenced off, so all we can do is reflect on what we had when we drive past. The flood waters were receeding and there was no body else around, perfect.

2019 BT50 with custom canopy and lots of fruit. Towing a 2014 Lotus Freelander [welcome to the dark side]

Offline RWS

• Soft Floor Camper User
Re: Show us the Unique Camping Spots you have been.
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2013, 01:42:16 PM »
We dropped into Kinkuna beach south of Bundy for a bit of a look earlier this year and ended up staying a couple days. A very picturesque beach camping spot and one of my favourites...the Casuarina trees seem to reach out across the beach like fingers towards the ocean, forming a unique canopy. A green grass like ground cover covering the sand drop off to the beach also added to its appeal. Unfortunately I fear it all may have been desecrated by Ex-tropical cyclone Oswald back in late January...let’s hope not...it’s a great spot. :cup:

Offline gunna

• Could End Up Anywhere
  • Hard Floor Camper User
  • Don't leave your run to late
    • A Few Pic's
Re: Show us the Unique Camping Spots you have been.
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2013, 08:02:13 PM »
We like to get up to Cullymurra waterhole near Innaminka once a year a top spot
 :cheers: sheeds