Author Topic: ISUZU M UX  (Read 1210 times)

Offline ranger-jules

• Swag User
ISUZU M UX
« on: May 08, 2017, 01:31:35 PM »
we are about to buy a new M UX and wanted to know about after market accessories!  We have asked for quotes for ISUZU to fit some, such as snorkel, tow bar, and window tint, but may not bother with the tint at this stage. Steel 17 inch wheels, and off road tyres such as BFG. They have quoted us on the latest and greatest, but we are not sure we really need all those fancy extras. Any clues as to what is best to buy and what to do on accessories?  Thanks in advance.

Offline monbeg

• Tent User
Re: ISUZU M UX
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2017, 01:43:23 PM »
Comments below based on the assumption you are going to use it offroad.

These two are essential imo.

Get AT tyres included in the deal if possible.
The standard suspension is way too soft, great around town but if you are going off road it has way too much roll and spongy feel.

I went with TJM heavy duty, the associated lift etc is within Isuzu tolerances.

http://www.tjm.com.au/en-oceania/products/suspension/shock-absorbers?make=111&model=1695&vehicle=1696&series=1696

http://www.tjm.com.au/en-oceania/products/suspension/coil-springs?make=111&model=1695&vehicle=1696&series=1696
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 01:45:49 PM by monbeg »

Offline stevo

• I used to have a handle on life........but it broke
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2017, 09:15:36 PM »
We've had our MU-X for about 18 months now. Fitted an ARB winch bar and recovery hook. TJM 40mm lift with slightly uprated springs for caravan towing and extra weight up front and also fitted coil rite air bags in case they were needed. Probably didn't need them it has turned out. Wife finds it pretty tall for getting into though but she is a short *&*&. Dual battery kit by Piranha in Melb and the second battery is a tight fit behind the main battery. When fitting a tow bar you will need to make sure the trailer plug is the type that disconnects the reverse sensors when a trailer is coupled. It should have a reed switch in the cap. I had a genuine Isuzu bar fitted to make sure I had no problems with the sensor disconnect. I fitted a 112 L long range fuel tank supplied by ARB. If towing a van like me you will need the extra fuel. I had a local tyre supplier set up to immediately trade my tyres when I took delivery. I fitted Maxxis A/T tyres and they are very quiet and wearing well with 30k on the clock. They are a sort of BFG imitation and heaps cheaper. The Isuzu snorkel is pretty exy. I fitted a Safari unit as they are supposed to drain water through the slots at the top and they have the advantage of being able to rotate the head backwards.
OZIsuzu forum is a good place for info if you haven't already done so.
cheers
Stevo
Isuzu MU-X Coronet caravan
The hearse does not stop at the bank on the way to the cemetery.

KingBilly

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2017, 02:57:13 PM »
we are about to buy a new M UX and wanted to know about after market accessories!  We have asked for quotes for ISUZU to fit some, such as snorkel, tow bar, and window tint, but may not bother with the tint at this stage. Steel 17 inch wheels, and off road tyres such as BFG. They have quoted us on the latest and greatest, but we are not sure we really need all those fancy extras. Any clues as to what is best to buy and what to do on accessories?  Thanks in advance.

As said above www.ozisuzu.com.au is a good source of info.

Snorkels, either Isuzu or Safari.  Having it correctly fitted is more important than brand.  Also whichever is more appealing visually to you.

Tow bar, Isuzu do not recommend the use of a weight distribution hitch with theirs, so if you plan to use a WDH, go with an aftermarket hitch such as Hayman Reece.  But importantly, use a genuine trailer plug harness suited to your vehicle.  The Isuzu's CANBUS wiring is very susceptible to faulty wiring in the trailer plug which causes all sorts of faults.

Window tint, normally the dealer charges double the going rate for a tint.  Look elsewhere.

Bullbar, the genuine Isuzu bars are not winch compatible so if that is important look elsewhere, heaps of choices.

KB