Author Topic: Re-leasing 2014 grand Cherokee jeep  (Read 1831 times)

Offline brianvicki

• Swag User
Re-leasing 2014 grand Cherokee jeep
« on: October 29, 2018, 01:26:27 PM »
Hi all,
We have now had the 2014 grand Cherokee limited Jeep for four years now (98k kms) and next year we are looking at deciding to keep it for another five years, or leasing a new vehicle.
Our Jeep has been fantastic, great to drive and heaps of power (diesel) for towing the jayco camper, can’t fault it all.

Any thoughts out there on any potential issues on keeping the Jeep for another few years?

Offline KeithB

• Hard Floor Camper User
Re: Re-leasing 2014 grand Cherokee jeep
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2018, 01:47:55 PM »
I have re-leased vehicles several times over the years with no problems. Even re-leased a residual. I can't see any problems and, if you find any, maybe talk to a different finance person.
Keith
200 Series 2008, bull bar, Airmax snorkel,rack with 200 watt solar, third battery, winch, 33's with 2 spares, long range tank, drawers & barrier, bash plates, lifted & locked, Richards transmission lockup plus plenty of dings. Now towing the new Off Road Glamper.

Offline brianvicki

• Swag User
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2018, 04:01:32 PM »
Thanks Keith, the financing side is easy as you have mentioned, just wondering with the vehicle, what expectations for issues, major repairs etc. which may arise in the next 100k kms... against having a new vehicle for the next 5 years.

Offline silverfox1111

• Tent User
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2018, 06:00:09 PM »
Are you allowed to lease it when it's over 5 years old. The lease company I'm with has a cap of 5 years old on leased cars. But if you can do it, the jeep is certainly a nice car to have. Wish i still had mine.
Silverfox
Toyota hilux
Modcon ff1(no more)
Jayco swan outback

Offline McGirr

• Cape York Tour Guide
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Living the good life
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2018, 07:34:52 PM »
Would not the car owe you alot money releasing it.  Cars depreciate so much these days.

Curious to see the figures on it.

Mark
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 09:11:30 PM by McGirr »
Living the dream working our way around Australia.

Ernabella SA, Warburton WA, Mt Barnett Roadhouse in the Kimberley, Peppimenarti NT, Ramingining NT, Gapuwiyak NT, Gunbalanya NT, Bidyadanga WA, Ali Curung NT, Tjuntjuntjara WA. 18 places

https://www.facebook.com/Working-and-Traveling-Australia

Offline KeithB

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2018, 07:45:11 PM »
I think if you balance up likely repairs over five years against another five years of depreciation the answer will be re-leasing.
200 Series 2008, bull bar, Airmax snorkel,rack with 200 watt solar, third battery, winch, 33's with 2 spares, long range tank, drawers & barrier, bash plates, lifted & locked, Richards transmission lockup plus plenty of dings. Now towing the new Off Road Glamper.

Offline peter2904

• Tent User
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2018, 08:30:54 PM »
I thought there was a catch where the FBT was based in the original purchase price not the residual of the previous lease (like it used to many years ago).  So tax department wins again.
I could be wrong but worth checking.

Think the lease company I have my car through will not lease cars over 7 years old at end of lease.