Author Topic: Recently converted  (Read 3417 times)

Offline Lukiss99

• Learning the Ropes
Recently converted
« on: January 16, 2018, 10:08:19 AM »
Hi all, I've been lurking the forum for a while and figure I better start contributing.
6 months ago my opinion of caravans and camper trailers was "towing is a pain, many extra components, why would anyone bother" that was until the partner and I set off on an open ended travel with the dog.
Our setup was roof tent and enclosed annexe under the side awning, with everything else jammed in the back of the prado.
After a couple weeks on the road I found myself loathing the packup/setup process. Exploration was limited to locations either within walking distance of the campsite, or had to fit in the few hours of driving between sites. Campsites were also limited to having something of interest nearby. Because of those limitations, we were crossing many locations off our list.
I found myself paying more notice to these camper trailers and started chatting to their owners.
Convinced we were doing it wrong, we began the hunt for a suitable trailer and rented one for a couple nights to confirm our thoughts.
Shortly after we now own a modcon imperial hfd.
Our travel experience has greatly improved, we now look forward to travelling (almost) anywhere we want and I have the myswag forum to thank for this.

Cheers,
Luke :cheers:

Offline trinityalyce

• Hard Floor Camper User
    • Bulldust & Back Roads
Re: Recently converted
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2018, 01:37:05 PM »
6 months ago my opinion of caravans and camper trailers was "towing is a pain, many extra components, why would anyone bother" that was until the partner and I set off on an open ended travel with the dog.

Geez, you sound like us! In preparation for extended travel with our dog we decided towing really was our only option. Oh, that and going through a GVM upgrade and feeling like we never have all we want in the car (*looks sheepishly at all my camera gear I insist on lugging with us on every trip...*).

Looking forward to hearing more about your adventures! MySwag is a great place to meet other people and have a good chat. Don't be afraid to contribute! :)
Trinity (+ James + Mister Dog)
'04 TD42 GU Nissan Patrol Wagon + '06 TD42 GU Nissan Patrol Coil Cab Ute + '18 Ultimate Xplor GT Camper

www.bulldustandbackroads.com

Offline Lukiss99

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2018, 04:17:15 PM »
Yes all the camera gear!
and the constant arguing with yourself about what should be left at home/storage and what is needed/can fit in the car.
Will add in some travel reports (and my 2c where needed).

Offline woolgoolgaoffroad

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Hardfloor
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2018, 04:19:13 PM »
welcome.....  :cheers:
Kev

http://woolgoolgaoffroad.blogspot.com.au
Landcruiser + Ultra Breakaway

Offline McTavish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2018, 11:19:46 PM »
Good choice for your first camper - solid build and good reputation.   Nice....
And Welcome to Myswag !
Vacation Camper & McTavish surfboard - what more does a guy need??