Author Topic: Display Camper at Brissy show  (Read 1311 times)

Offline DaveR

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Grumpy Old Man in Training
Display Camper at Brissy show
« on: March 16, 2013, 06:01:55 AM »
I don’t like being critical of a product like this, but the following is something that I must point out.

One of my purposes of going to the show was to find inspiration of what camper suits our needs.

In looking at the campers on display, I was closely examining 1 which had signs on it with words like “Extreme” and “Offroad”.
This is one which got my attention. I noticed the welding on it straight up, now that is something which should not be noticed.
Than I decided to look into fabrication more, that lead me to examine the large alloy box which is about 1.5m wide, 600mm across and 600mm high, decent size which will fit lots of gear. I see it is made of light weight alloy checker plate and is just sitting on the 2 draw bars directly with no support frame below, and the best bit is, it is held into place with gall self drilling sheet metal screws drill directly into draw bars.
Great!

Also, what is the rule of thumb about NOT welding across a chassis or draw bar........?

So I kept walking.

You can't miss it if going, look for the excess checker plate.

Regards
Dave
2001 HDJ-100, a flash one
2013 Expanda OB

Offline GeeTee

• Hard Floor Camper User
    • GT Campers premium off-road trailers and Toyota Hilux Expedition conversions
Re: Display Camper at Brissy show
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 06:56:40 AM »
Yes when shopping for a trailer - or anything else - it's not a bad idea to take a close look at construction quality

GT Campers: Off-road touring trailer or Toyota Hilux Expedition
Purpose-designed and built off-road touring vehicles. Innovation not imitation!
Find us on Facebook