Author Topic: What did you do in your shed / man cave today?  (Read 1726166 times)

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: What did you do in your shed / man cave today?
« Reply #4500 on: October 16, 2018, 09:51:19 AM »
I managed to attack my ankle with the whipper snipper lol - was sweeping across, ran out of power cord and the jolt pulled it onto my ankle. Lucky only superficial cuts but ouch!

Some people shouldn't be let out alone   :'(                                            :cheers:
You can go your own way . Treg Up & Make Dust
The following users thanked this post: Rodt

Offline Ozsnowman

• "Missus wants an Avan"
  • Soft Floor Camper User
  • Travelling with Shirley the van!
« Reply #4501 on: October 16, 2018, 10:01:44 AM »

Some people shouldn't be let out alone   :'(                                            :cheers:

hehe agreed :) :)   :cheers:
We've swapped from the camper to a van yay! :)

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #4502 on: October 16, 2018, 06:23:15 PM »
lm just glad you didn't have a screw driver ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :-[ One can only live in fear of that happening  .                               :cheers:

Offline jk

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #4503 on: October 16, 2018, 09:19:19 PM »
Picked up a couple of new LED Lights for the shed the other day, 150w, hung them up and very happy with their output  :cup: .
Much better than the old 500w hybos we had before !!    Stubby for size comparison only  ;D
Cheers
Johnno
2004 V8 5 speed IFS landcruiser with "ATS"

2005 Cape York Explorer Extreme with "ATS"

2012 Crusader X Country

McGirr is my Russell Coight and I'd follow him "Almost" anywhere !!!!!!

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #4504 on: October 21, 2018, 01:17:29 PM »
ls you eyesight on the blink or are you afraid of the dark    >:D l put 35 w LED & 40w to replace the fluro tubes . Ripper lights    :cheers:

Offline jk

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #4505 on: October 21, 2018, 02:41:51 PM »
The price was right  ;)  :cheers:  lol.
2004 V8 5 speed IFS landcruiser with "ATS"

2005 Cape York Explorer Extreme with "ATS"

2012 Crusader X Country

McGirr is my Russell Coight and I'd follow him "Almost" anywhere !!!!!!

Offline Fullberries

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #4506 on: October 21, 2018, 08:43:02 PM »
I poured rhe pier holes to build the shed

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #4507 on: October 25, 2018, 05:29:37 AM »
Still trying to sort out my shed/workshop area.... I've got stuff all over the friggin place.

I also started pulling the cylinder head off the Ford Courier ute.
I'm betting my arse, its the reason it ran hotish coming home last Friday.
I don't want to sell something that is suspect, so with a handful of spanners, in we dive.

I'm also picking up a 2001 Commodore wagon tomorrow to go in the shed for some loving.
Mainly just a good scrub and detail for this one.
Only has 150,000 klm on it too, so pretty low for a 2001 and these things do awesome mileage.

I think i'm gunna need a bigger shed.

Oh well, grabbing a car trailer first thing tomorrow and off the Lloyds to pickup the Griswold family wagon.
Everything Lloyds sell is unreg'd, so its either a permit, tilt tray or trailer.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 05:32:20 AM by Jeepers Creepers »
I DON'T CARE HOW NICE THE HAND SOAP SMELLS.....

You should never walk out of the public toilets sniffing your fingers.

Offline KeithB

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #4508 on: October 25, 2018, 09:04:29 AM »
Removed my 210 litre Evakool Fridge from the van and took it off to their local service agent for a look. He pronounced it dead on arrival. Apparently there is a gas leak inside the insulation. Now waiting to see if Evakool will replace it under warranty.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 09:07:18 AM by KeithB »
200 Series 2008, bull bar, Airmax snorkel,rack with 200 watt solar, third battery, winch, 33's with 2 spares, long range tank, drawers & barrier, bash plates, lifted & locked, Richards transmission lockup plus plenty of dings. Now towing the new Off Road Glamper.

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #4509 on: October 25, 2018, 09:13:42 AM »
Quote from: KeithB
Now waiting to see if Evakool will replace it under warranty.
how old was it?
Talkin to Nick a while back he had good things to say about their warranty setup
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline KeithB

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #4510 on: October 25, 2018, 11:47:08 AM »
how old was it?
Talkin to Nick a while back he had good things to say about their warranty setup

Bird, it is just over a year old and has never been run in anger. It was a factory second and I took delivery of this fridge early in September last year. With the benefit if hindsight, it may have been a factory third. The unit was unserviceable on delivery because a defective hinge on the lower door prevented the door from sealing.  It took some time to sort this out with Evakool, who eventually supplied a new door in late November last year.

When that was fixed, I ran the unit off a very limited 12 volt supply for a few minutes. The compressor and fan came on and there were no warning lights. I went ahead and installed the unit earlier this year. The thing took a lot longer to install than it should have been because the dimensions published by Evakool are wrong and they could boy provide a general arrangement drawing. The dimensions do not include the protrusion from the door catch, which caused me a great deal of grief as I had built the cabinet in advance.

It has been only in the last week or so that I have been able to run it from a substantial 12 volt supply. Everything worked as before but with no evidence of any cooling after three sessions of 1-2 hours running. The unit was drawing about 4.5 amps.

The service agent said it was a leak in the fridge body inside the insulation. I think Evakool will look after me. They have an excellent reputation with after sales service, which I why I went with them in the first place. One of the advantages of buying Aussie.

Keith

200 Series 2008, bull bar, Airmax snorkel,rack with 200 watt solar, third battery, winch, 33's with 2 spares, long range tank, drawers & barrier, bash plates, lifted & locked, Richards transmission lockup plus plenty of dings. Now towing the new Off Road Glamper.

Offline paceman

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #4511 on: October 26, 2018, 04:22:49 PM »
finished the bedhead for the camper trailer...

some 9mm plywood, with the hinge added to be able to store it flat under the mattress...

had an old tent organiser laying around, so i just cable-tied it to the bedhead, and got a couple of led reading lights that clamp on the top...

hope to give it a run in a couple of weeks...

Offline rags

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #4512 on: October 26, 2018, 05:35:52 PM »
Bird, it is just over a year old and has never been run in anger. It was a factory second and I took delivery of this fridge early in September last year. With the benefit if hindsight, it may have been a factory third. The unit was unserviceable on delivery because a defective hinge on the lower door prevented the door from sealing.  It took some time to sort this out with Evakool, who eventually supplied a new door in late November last year.

When that was fixed, I ran the unit off a very limited 12 volt supply for a few minutes. The compressor and fan came on and there were no warning lights. I went ahead and installed the unit earlier this year. The thing took a lot longer to install than it should have been because the dimensions published by Evakool are wrong and they could boy provide a general arrangement drawing. The dimensions do not include the protrusion from the door catch, which caused me a great deal of grief as I had built the cabinet in advance.

It has been only in the last week or so that I have been able to run it from a substantial 12 volt supply. Everything worked as before but with no evidence of any cooling after three sessions of 1-2 hours running. The unit was drawing about 4.5 amps.

The service agent said it was a leak in the fridge body inside the insulation. I think Evakool will look after me. They have an excellent reputation with after sales service, which I why I went with them in the first place. One of the advantages of buying Aussie.

Keith

Be interested in the outcome. Just been out today looking at few things for the van including a new compressor fridge, was tossing up between 4 options including the 2 being Evakool and Dometic/ Waeco.

Offline KeithB

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #4513 on: October 26, 2018, 05:44:58 PM »
I'll post as soon as we have an outcome.
Keith

Offline bmwfreak

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • DunWerkin
« Reply #4514 on: October 27, 2018, 02:38:35 PM »
Had the vans electrics upgraded (640 watts of solar panels, 40 amp MPPT controller, 2 x 110ah lithium batteries). This freed up the 30amp Projecta solar controller (SC330) and remote (SC300). These I installed into the battery box in the BT50, which gives me a lot more information than the folding solar panel controller. Have also ordered a 2000w pure sine wave inverter. Looking forward to seeing how the van upgrades perform next month, while we mooch around QLD.
We've waited 45 years to do this. Now our life will be complete!!
2019 LC78 (troopy)
2018 21’6” On The Move TRAXX Series 2
The following users thanked this post: Craig Tomkinson

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #4515 on: November 05, 2018, 04:29:49 PM »
Covered up the Caddy after putting it back on its Astro-Turfed parking spot in the shed in preparation for the working week and started reassembling the Ford Courier cylinder head.

The plan is to start refitting the head tomorrow, but with the high temps forecast, this little vegemite is gunna take it steady Freddy.

By Wednesday, it should be up on jack stands for a full once over underneath, brake check etc etc.
Then I can start polishing it, repaint the rims, fit some spiffy chrome trims and get it blinged up ready for a new owner soon.

Offline KeithB

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #4516 on: November 06, 2018, 08:24:03 AM »

Keith

[/quote]
Be interested in the outcome. Just been out today looking at few things for the van including a new compressor fridge, was tossing up between 4 options including the 2 being Evakool and Dometic/ Waeco.

I just got a call from the Evakool service agent. He said that they had recharged the fridge. It had been running for a week and that there was no sign of a leak in the cabinet or anywhere else. He said that it had been repaired before, which is why it was a factory second, and guessed that it had not been recharged properly.

Either that is the case, or it has a leak which is too slow to detect. Either way, I have no option but to go and pick it up, reinstall it and hope for the best. This is not an outcome that I am too happy with. I have asked the service guy to run it for a few more days to be sure.
Keith

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
« Reply #4517 on: November 06, 2018, 09:54:00 AM »
Maybe get them to run it till its coldest and the lines etc get to their hottest then shut it down to cool /  start up etc ....   repeat that cycle  a few times checking when hot / cold all joints .
That way if theres any weapage in the the joints or repairs the temp differences might show up a leak ..
Not a fridge tech but have had on occasion found  with different things,  Heat / pressure expands and seals some joints when working  / colder and less pressure can allow leaks when not running  .
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "

Offline KeithB

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #4518 on: November 06, 2018, 12:30:28 PM »
Thanks Edz. After reading your post, I have asked them exactly that over the coming week.
Keith

Offline glenm64

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #4519 on: January 09, 2019, 05:22:05 PM »
On our last trip to Tamala, I saw a no brainer improvement for holding down the tinnie on the canopy. Instead of tie downs, he had bolted through the tinnie gunnels and roof rack. So simple an idea making it much easier to mount, with less to go wrong. I normally have 2 straps holding down, and one stopping forward movement if things get ugly. They tended to wear on the edges after a while.
I used M10 grade 8 bolts with pad washers welded on the head  through reinforced gunnel channels and rubber, pad washers and nylocks underneath.

Cheers Glen

There's a big difference between kneeling down
......... and bending over.

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #4520 on: January 09, 2019, 05:27:51 PM »
Mounting the whole thing on a car or 4wd will make a big difference too I reckon.

Offline glenm64

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #4521 on: January 09, 2019, 06:13:36 PM »
Mounting the whole thing on a car or 4wd will make a big difference too I reckon.
Your an ideas man Jeepers!

Cheers Glen

Offline ivan

• Tent User
« Reply #4522 on: January 09, 2019, 07:13:43 PM »
That will make it top heavy in the water ,not to mention the motor leg length, but with a roof top tent you got yourself a house boat . Great idea.

Offline bmwfreak

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • DunWerkin
« Reply #4523 on: January 09, 2019, 08:01:12 PM »
I used M10 grade 8 bolts with pad washers welded on the head  through reinforced gunnel channels and rubber, pad washers and nylocks underneath.

Hi Glen,

You don't find that nylocks turn into NOlocks, if they are used too often?

Cheers, Bruce
We've waited 45 years to do this. Now our life will be complete!!
2019 LC78 (troopy)
2018 21’6” On The Move TRAXX Series 2

Offline glenm64

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #4524 on: January 09, 2019, 08:31:17 PM »
I just get new ones every now and then. Theres not much vibe anyway, so not really an issue. The thin rubber will also help hold some tension too.

Cheers Glen