Author Topic: How to cope with the corona virus ..facts- not fiction.  (Read 302926 times)

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
Re: How to cope with the corona virus ..facts- not fiction.
« Reply #1425 on: September 13, 2020, 01:04:17 PM »
Official VicPol response to the video. It is still a pretty extreme use of force considering everything that is going on. In the right or not maybe the officer should have asked a superior to step in.

Police are aware of a video circulating on social media where a woman was arrested at a police checkpoint.
Police arrested a 29-year-old woman after she allegedly refused to provide her details and driver’s licence at a checkpoint in Kalkallo just before 6pm on Saturday (12 September).
The checkpoints between metropolitan Melbourne and regional Victoria are an important component in stopping the spread of Coronavirus.
Police spoke to the female driver at the checkpoint in relation to her mobile phone obstructing her view due to its position on the windscreen and explained that this was an offence.
The woman refused to remove her phone from the windscreen.
When asked for her name and address, the woman refused to supply her details which is an offence under Section 59 of the Road Safety Act. When asked to produce her driver’s licence, the woman also refused, which is also an offence under Section 59 of the Road Safety Act.
The woman was warned that if she did not provide her details, she would be arrested.
She still refused and was asked by police to get out of her car. When she refused this request, she was taken from the car by officers and taken into custody.
The Wallan woman was later released and is expected to be charged on summons with driving with obscured vision, fail to produce licence, fail to state her name and address, resist arrest, assault police and offensive language.
Victoria Police reminds all drivers that the Road Safety Act requires that they must state their name and address and produce their driver’s licence when requested to do so by a police officer.
I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1426 on: September 13, 2020, 01:17:42 PM »
Yes you do.
It is an offence to refuse, hence the power of arrest until identify is established.
The use of force appeared appropriate to the resistance.
The copper was loud, but had to be, to be heard above her.
But agree, not a good look, but policing never is when you only see a small percentage of what really went on.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

The worst look is when Police attempt to physically arrest (particularly a young female) and try to make it look 'nice'.   It just doesn't happen.   
Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Offline DarWen

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #1427 on: September 13, 2020, 01:26:39 PM »
The reality is if she didn't have the phone right in front of her face she probably would have been waved straight through.   

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #1428 on: September 13, 2020, 02:16:57 PM »
its simplel... your being arrested.. just play ball

otherwise - skys the limit as far as im concerned.you resist, you deserve everything you cop.. cock or no cock.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Bad Scott

• You dump, Scott and I pump
  • 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • AKA "Bad Scott"
« Reply #1429 on: September 13, 2020, 02:27:57 PM »
its simplel... your being arrested.. just play ball

otherwise - skys the limit as far as im concerned.you resist, you deserve everything you cop.. cock or no cock.
You're not above the law. Respect it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Ultimate LC79 Combo

Offline Kangaron

• "Don't make excuses, Make it Happen."
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1430 on: September 13, 2020, 03:57:36 PM »
The reality is if she didn't have the phone right in front of her face she probably would have been waved straight through.   
Or more than likely if she had been civil and produced her licence as requested, warned re the phone and on her way.

Offline Kangaron

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1431 on: September 13, 2020, 04:01:02 PM »

Interesting, I thought you had 24 hours to present it to the nearest police station if you aren't carrying ID?

That is a discretion the copper has, if you are civil and appear to have a valid excuse.

Offline #jonesy

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #1432 on: September 13, 2020, 04:26:46 PM »
That is a discretion the copper has, if you are civil and appear to have a valid excuse.
7 days,  Reasonable excuse,.  Except P L or under 26 and a few.other ones.  BUT still have to state name and address.
2013 Aussie Jays - Crusher      2013 Toyota Hilux. 

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #1433 on: September 13, 2020, 04:28:11 PM »
7 days,  Reasonable excuse,.  Except P L or under 26 and a few.other ones.  BUT still have to state name and address.

:police: :cheers:

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline Kangaron

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1434 on: September 13, 2020, 04:38:41 PM »

Guess I've been out of the loop too long, Thanks Jonesy.
Was thinking D4D, what every happended to Fuji?

Offline doc evil

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #1435 on: September 13, 2020, 04:39:27 PM »
Official VicPol response to the video. It is still a pretty extreme use of force considering everything that is going on. In the right or not maybe the officer should have asked a superior to step in.

Police are aware of a video circulating on social media where a woman was arrested at a police checkpoint.
Police arrested a 29-year-old woman after she allegedly refused to provide her details and driver’s licence at a checkpoint in Kalkallo just before 6pm on Saturday (12 September).
The checkpoints between metropolitan Melbourne and regional Victoria are an important component in stopping the spread of Coronavirus.
Police spoke to the female driver at the checkpoint in relation to her mobile phone obstructing her view due to its position on the windscreen and explained that this was an offence.
The woman refused to remove her phone from the windscreen.
When asked for her name and address, the woman refused to supply her details which is an offence under Section 59 of the Road Safety Act. When asked to produce her driver’s licence, the woman also refused, which is also an offence under Section 59 of the Road Safety Act.
The woman was warned that if she did not provide her details, she would be arrested.
She still refused and was asked by police to get out of her car. When she refused this request, she was taken from the car by officers and taken into custody.
The Wallan woman was later released and is expected to be charged on summons with driving with obscured vision, fail to produce licence, fail to state her name and address, resist arrest, assault police and offensive language.
Victoria Police reminds all drivers that the Road Safety Act requires that they must state their name and address and produce their driver’s licence when requested to do so by a police officer.

It is a sorry state of affairs (pun ::) ) where VicPol have to justify their job/actions to appease the social media police..............
2005 4.2TD ST Patrol 4 door ute, lifted, locked, ARB barred and Warn winched, 33" Cooper ST Maxx.....and a denco turbo upgrade! mmmm power.....

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #1436 on: September 13, 2020, 04:41:12 PM »
Was thinking D4D, what every happended to Fuji?

He's taken up country life

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline Kangaron

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1437 on: September 13, 2020, 04:53:36 PM »
He's taken up country life

anywhere near me?

Offline JusyApples

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #1438 on: September 13, 2020, 05:04:43 PM »
In the court of public opinion the use of force was disproportionate to the offence committed. If the officer can't manage/keep his cool in this situation what hope does he have with a serious offender. It also perpetuates Dan's police state optics. Not a good look for the rest of the force who are doing a great job under the circumstances.

I'd also like a legal view on whether you need to present your driver's license and or name/address when requested. I didn't think you had to.
You have to state your name and address prior to COVID. So whether it was covid or not an offence was committed.

Do a week in a police officer’s shoes putting up with these knobs day in and day out. This is the generation of privileged idiots who think they are above the law.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bought a what?
Researching my next camper

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #1439 on: September 13, 2020, 05:11:49 PM »
anywhere near me?

Nope, north east, not as far out as you

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #1440 on: September 13, 2020, 06:03:08 PM »
Do a week in a police officer’s shoes putting up with these knobs day in and day out. This is the generation of privileged idiots who think they are above the law.

I am not debating that she was an idiot, I am suggesting there was a better way to manage the situation. The use of force was disproportionate to the offence. Basic training is to stay calm and to manage the situation, not resort to what is essentially violence. The officer should have removed himself from the situation and called a female officer or superior over. Instead we now have an escalated situation plastered all over the daily news. How would you feel if your wife/mother/sister was treated that way?

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline doc evil

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #1441 on: September 13, 2020, 06:14:53 PM »
I am not debating that she was an idiot, I am suggesting there was a better way to manage the situation. The use of force was disproportionate to the offence. Basic training is to stay calm and to manage the situation, not resort to what is essentially violence. The officer should have removed himself from the situation and called a female officer or superior over. Instead we now have an escalated situation plastered all over the daily news. How would you feel if your wife/mother/sister was treated that way?

I'd be appalled at her actions not Mr Plods ..............A simple, legal request, she ignored and suffered the consequences. It is obvious she wanted to "troll" herself.

Again, VicPol should not have to justify their job/actions to appease you, me or the social media!!
2005 4.2TD ST Patrol 4 door ute, lifted, locked, ARB barred and Warn winched, 33" Cooper ST Maxx.....and a denco turbo upgrade! mmmm power.....

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
« Reply #1442 on: September 13, 2020, 07:28:18 PM »
Some interesting reading ... https://www.legalaid.vic.gov.au/find-legal-answers/police-powers-and-your-rights/speaking-to-police .
 Of interesting note .... Police cannot direct you to move on if you are demonstrating about a political issue or taking part in employment strike action.
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "

Offline discoteddy

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • If in doubt, grab a handful of 2nd gear.
« Reply #1443 on: September 13, 2020, 08:31:39 PM »

Ok then I guess she can choose who arrests her?

Nope he did the right thing, his response was proportional and required.

Oh and I know who I married, I’m also quite fond of my mother and sister, all three are ladies.  The observed behaviour certainly is more than foreign to them.

Cheers

Discoteddy
« Last Edit: September 13, 2020, 08:55:55 PM by discoteddy »
2015 Goldstream Storm lifted with Vehicle Components best!, 2021 Enter the D Max.

Offline JusyApples

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #1444 on: September 13, 2020, 08:52:23 PM »
You can’t be serious?
Why would he remove himself. He is a police officer, she committed an offence. If that was my wife/mother/sister I would tell them they are idiots.
But they don’t break the law so it’s not an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bought a what?
Researching my next camper

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1445 on: September 13, 2020, 10:14:53 PM »
Interesting, I thought you had 24 hours to present it to the nearest police station if you aren't carrying ID?

That only applies in Qld.   Other States you are supposed to have your Driver's License with you at all time you are driving.   But Officers digression may apply, but that usually works with a compliant person.   
Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #1446 on: September 13, 2020, 10:43:33 PM »
Quote from: doc evil
Again, VicPol should not have to justify their job/actions to appease you, me or the social media!!
exactly... "social" media is the biggest scourge on society...i most dont even realize it.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline xcvator

• 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1447 on: September 13, 2020, 10:52:26 PM »
She's had her 30 seconds of fame,yesterdays news,  next please
spending the kids inheritance as fast as I can

tug 2018 Isuzu Mux LSU
1999 se diesel Jackaroo
July 10/2012  outback campers "Tanami"
New Age "Little Joey"

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #1449 on: September 14, 2020, 06:43:30 AM »
You can’t be serious?
Why would he remove himself. He is a police officer, she committed an offence.

Yep, based on the video, a good lawyer, it won't even get to court and the charges will be dropped.

Work - Outback
Play - Prado