Author Topic: How to cope with the corona virus ..facts- not fiction.  (Read 302661 times)

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
Re: How to cope with the corona virus ..facts- not fiction.
« Reply #1375 on: September 09, 2020, 04:59:01 PM »
So slowing the spread (which is working) is not a good enough reason? ****ed if i want to go through this lock down Shit again, but we all know it will happen once the flood gates open again ...
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline moeite

• Tent User
« Reply #1376 on: September 09, 2020, 06:03:19 PM »
And that's the point, Dan has always said every rule was by advice/order of the CHO, appears that's not the case. Dan did mention VicPol in his answer, I would assume this has come from Lisa Neville (Police Minister effectively in charge of the state during state of disaster). So we are in a police state with no oversight and no medical reason for the curfew...

And Sutton has a heap of advice from real experts saying that a curfew is the way to go even if he doesn't think so. What does he tell Andrews ? Of course he tells him that the overwhelming advice is in favour of a curfew, of course. Neville would have had a heap of advice regarding the effects of a curfew too.

Neville, as with Sutton, are only a conduit for the advice from experts who by and large remain in the background. These experts are from relevant government departments, public safety experts, universities, etc. Sutton and Andrew are likewise conduits for the advice to get to us, the public.

Bear in mind that there is no modern precedent for our leaders to base anything on. All they have is a lot, and I mean a LOT, of expert advice.  None of our government ministers are experts but are being advised by people who are.
Mark F...
VK3KW
2002 Discovery 2 Td5 auto
2004 Outback Sturt rear fold soft floor
Http://jandmf.com

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #1377 on: September 09, 2020, 06:15:27 PM »
So slowing the spread (which is working) is not a good enough reason? ****ed if i want to go through this lock down Shit again, but we all know it will happen once the flood gates open again ...

The 5km radius rule is already in place as is no visitors to your house. What 'slowing the spread' benefit/use case is there that isn't already enforceable? To be honest I'm not fussed with the curfew as I am old and tucked up in bed during those times. However it is an overbearing rule that creates bad optics for Dan and demonstrates he and his experts only have a hammer solution and are only looking at a one dimensional solution.

We're also kidding ourselves to think this virus isn't going to get away again. That's why we need options to live with it, not lock the world down for the next few years until we find a vaccine. Interesting fact is that vaccines are not totally effective and therefore we can expect community transmission even with a vaccine. The case numbers Dan is talking about for the last few stages are actually less than what a vaccine will provide.
I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline Champin

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #1378 on: September 09, 2020, 06:59:30 PM »
Does anyone else see the irony of having a "roadmap" to recovery when we've only got a 5km limit?

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1379 on: September 10, 2020, 03:16:43 AM »
I reckon, by now, if I was Andrews.

I would've arranged to be able to move to Qld. (Would you go anywhere else?)

Then, with no warning at a press conference, just go postal, but in a very controlled and quiet manner.

Fine, you don't want a curfew.... lifted, do what ya want.
You don't want to wear masks, don't then, do what ya want.
You don't want a 5 klm travel ban...... lifted, do what ya want.
You don't like how I've handled everything..... fine..... you handle it.
You think i'm the biggest drop kick ever..... fine, put in someone else.... or you handle it ya self.

You can all go take a flying fukk at a rolling donut..... i'm done.

Then just get up, and quietly walk out saying, no questions please, you bastards already have all the answers.
I DON'T CARE HOW NICE THE HAND SOAP SMELLS.....

You should never walk out of the public toilets sniffing your fingers.

Offline JusyApples

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #1380 on: September 10, 2020, 07:03:41 AM »
The Qld Govt. have no sympathy.
Not allowing 4 kids in to see their father before he dies of cancer.

Yet let’s a whole bunch of AFL hangers on, rich people on boats who lie on their applications, movie stars in to the state no questions asked.

Annastacia Alphabet was asked about it in Parliament yesterday and her response was disgraceful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bought a what?
Researching my next camper

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #1381 on: September 10, 2020, 09:58:28 AM »
Quote from: Jeepers Creepers
I would've arranged to be able to move to Qld. (Would you go anywhere else?)
I can see many many families selling up in Victoria and moving interstate if we ever come out of this...
There'll be little to no jobs, companies will pick and choose who they want and how little they want to pay
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #1382 on: September 10, 2020, 09:59:26 AM »
The Qld Govt. have no sympathy.
Not allowing 4 kids in to see their father before he dies of cancer.

Yet let’s a whole bunch of AFL hangers on, rich people on boats who lie on their applications, movie stars in to the state no questions asked.

Annastacia Alphabet was asked about it in Parliament yesterday and her response was disgraceful.
Just read that..
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/health-problems/border-restrictions-mark-keans-told-to-choose-which-child-to-visit-him-in-hospital-with-cancer/news-story/f637ad2ff7a4990f5b1516dda980b64e
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline brickiematt

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Life member of the Silverton Hotel
« Reply #1383 on: September 10, 2020, 10:16:48 AM »
I can see many many families selling up in Victoria and moving interstate if we ever come out of this...
There'll be little to no jobs, companies will pick and choose who they want and how little they want to pay
I agree. No one will want to invest in Victoria, companies will move their HQ's interstate, we'll be destroyed.
I am a parochial Victorian, and was a proud Melbournian, but not any more. I hate the
fu#$en place.
Mitsubishi Pajero NT GLS
2015 Kimberley Kamper Classic

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #1384 on: September 10, 2020, 10:21:33 AM »

That's been my point all along with the current 'roadmap', it needs a different approach than lockdown everything. The vaccine companies are saying it will take years and it won't be totally effective, and not everybody will get it. Hence we need to develop a strategy that balances the risk, and provides independent oversight and inclusion from all areas of health, science and industry.

Work - Outback
Play - Prado
The following users thanked this post: paceman

Offline Kangaron

• "Don't make excuses, Make it Happen."
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1385 on: September 10, 2020, 10:30:35 AM »
The Chief Commissioner was just interviewed on 3aw and said police were not consulted over the curfew, he found out about it 2 hrs before it was announced to the public.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #1386 on: September 10, 2020, 10:40:41 AM »
The Chief Commissioner was just interviewed on 3aw and said police were not consulted over the curfew, he found out about it 2 hrs before it was announced to the public.

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline Kangaron

• "Don't make excuses, Make it Happen."
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1387 on: September 10, 2020, 10:59:40 AM »
Expect the legality of the curfew and subsequent fines issued to be scrutinized.
Time for a statement from the Attorney general.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Offline corndog

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #1388 on: September 10, 2020, 02:18:52 PM »
So what. Since when did the police make the laws, regulations, and the likes that govern what and how we are supposed to behave. I thought that was the governments job. The police are there to enforce those. You want them to be making it as they go, have your police state.

Offline corndog

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #1389 on: September 10, 2020, 02:27:22 PM »
Have sent a request to the publishers of the Oxford Dictionary to add a meaning to a word.  That word is downplayed. Apparently Donald Duck Trump didn't lie to America about how bad Covid19 is. Knowing it was bad he just downplayed it as he didn't want them to know. But then this might just be fake news.

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #1390 on: September 10, 2020, 02:31:27 PM »
So what. Since when did the police make the laws, regulations, and the likes that govern what and how we are supposed to behave. I thought that was the governments job. The police are there to enforce those. You want them to be making it as they go, have your police state.

FYI - under the current 'state of disaster', VicPol currently do make the laws and regulations. Lisa Neville can do whatever she wants without any government oversight, that's why Dan wanted to extend the state of disaster 12 months.

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline hainess

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #1391 on: September 10, 2020, 02:48:30 PM »

They then move back to victoria after "enduring"  1 queensland summer.
Most have gone by easter.
A month ago i had a convo with a couple from Mt Gambier. We were at the Alpha van park at the time.
Their daughter had moved to Hervey bay. They were considering retiring to the bay.
Great weather, he said. Never gets cold like down south.
My advice was to spend February and march at Hervey bay then see what you think before selling up in Mt Gambier.
Rod.

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #1392 on: September 10, 2020, 03:00:09 PM »
Quote from: hainess
They then move back to victoria after "enduring"  1 queensland summer.
Most have gone by easter.
A month ago i had a convo with a couple from Mt Gambier. We were at the Alpha van park at the time.
Their daughter had moved to Hervey bay. They were considering retiring to the bay.
Great weather, he said. Never gets cold like down south.
My advice was to spend February and march at Hervey bay then see what you think before selling up in Mt Gambier.
plenty of other areas/regions/states and places where there will be work and not 38 in summer..

Smart states will take the initiative to offer companies incentives to move their operations out of Victoria and they will take it in droves.. I bet the planning has already begun.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline corndog

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #1393 on: September 10, 2020, 03:04:07 PM »
I'll stand corrected on that if that is the case, but still thinks the big deal being made over a curfew is blown out of proportion. 

Offline #jonesy

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #1394 on: September 10, 2020, 03:20:42 PM »
FYI - under the current 'state of disaster', VicPol currently do make the laws and regulations. Lisa Neville can do whatever she wants without any government oversight, that's why Dan wanted to extend the state of disaster 12 months.
No they don't.

Many of the powers police are using pre-exiisted COVID
The Chief Health Officer makes directions under the Health and Wellbeing Act. State of Emergency / Disaster allows this to occur.  The offence of breaching any directions appears in that Act.

Police enforce those directions.
Bugger all extra powers for police.
2013 Aussie Jays - Crusher      2013 Toyota Hilux. 

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #1395 on: September 10, 2020, 03:34:26 PM »
No they don't.

Many of the powers police are using pre-exiisted COVID
The Chief Health Officer makes directions under the Health and Wellbeing Act. State of Emergency / Disaster allows this to occur.  The offence of breaching any directions appears in that Act.

Police enforce those directions.
Bugger all extra powers for police.

https://www.news.com.au/national/victoria/courts-law/state-of-emergency-vs-state-of-disaster-whats-the-difference/news-story/4272617a2d3b6e42ed232de52d21e131

Whereas the CHO was the big dog in a state of emergency, in a state of disaster it’s Police and Emergency Services Minister Lisa Neville.

The declaration of a state of disaster gives the Police Minister responsibility for directing and co-ordinating the activities of all government agencies

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline #jonesy

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #1396 on: September 10, 2020, 04:38:07 PM »
All current restrictions including curfew have been issued by the CHO as part of State of Emergency.  I don't think Lisa Neville has used any powers so far.

Also don't equate the Police Minister and the Police force as the same thing.
2013 Aussie Jays - Crusher      2013 Toyota Hilux. 

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #1397 on: September 10, 2020, 04:38:40 PM »
from a cop, or from news.com.au :D
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #1398 on: September 10, 2020, 04:52:44 PM »
from a cop, or from news.com.au :D

If you had read the article the quotes were from University of Sydney Professor of Constitutional Law Anne Twomey

All current restrictions including curfew have been issued by the CHO as part of State of Emergency.

That's not what Sutton said yesterday :)

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline Hoyks

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #1399 on: September 10, 2020, 05:45:15 PM »
Smart states will take the initiative to offer companies incentives to move their operations out of Victoria and they will take it in droves.. I bet the planning has already begun.

Smart...Have you seen the other premiers?  ??? ???

In other news, if/when we get a vaccine: Bugger the vulnerable, young people first.

https://www.sciencealert.com/young-people-should-be-amongst-the-first-to-receive-the-covid-19-vaccine-experts-argue

When you read their logic, it does actually make sense.