Author Topic: How to cope with the corona virus ..facts- not fiction.  (Read 309031 times)

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: How to cope with the corona virus ..facts- not fiction.
« Reply #1350 on: September 07, 2020, 11:00:28 AM »
I think you will find the states also have their own expert medical advice relating to their states which may differ from what the federal advice is, it doesn't necessarily follow the federal experts are automatically right

doesn't mean the State's experts are right either, but are we, as in all of us, Australian or are we Queenslanders, NSWmen, Victorians or what ever State and Territory we live in, in Australia.   
Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #1351 on: September 07, 2020, 11:20:34 AM »
doesn't mean the State's experts are right either, but are we, as in all of us, Australian or are we Queenslanders, NSWmen, Victorians or what ever State and Territory we live in, in Australia.   

Your right Alan...we are all in it together.  Some more so than others. As I,ve said before I have kids and grandkids in Victoria. All doing it tough...like most.  The wife is really frustrated at not seeing them since before last Xmas. There must be something wrong with them though...they are staying home and doing the right thing!!!   No going to illegal demonstrations, no posting bullShit on farcebook or forums, wearing masks and following hygiene recommendations.  They would rather do it tough for a little longer than see the whole state turn to Shit if a third wave was to hit!  Its no good slagging off at different state premiers or federal ministers...no one has had any experience with the situation we are in now. They are doing their best.  Mistakes will be made but then again, that is to be expected...so long as we learn from them.  News of a possible vaccine breakthrough today is a big positive. People can whinge about borders but in reality we all live in some sort of closed borders.  Whether it be the fence around your yard or farm, the borders between states, borders around national parks etc.etc....Shutting borders has been  a positive way of helping to stop the spread of the virus...if you dont think so then write to a minister and ask him to remove international borders as well. The aim is localize the infection as best as possible and try to control it.  Elimination wont be for a long time yet. .  Ipswich hospital has had to isolate 220 staff because of one case yesterday.  Europe is seeing thousands of more cases every day since relaxing a little on the socializing rules.  Hopefully this time next year we can all talk about what a bastard the virus was and how we are glad its under control... :cheers:
Having lots of friends on farcebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...means absolutely nothing!!

Offline MarkGU

• Proud Variety Basher
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Sorry, did i offend you with my Common Sense?
    • Everyday Hero
« Reply #1352 on: September 07, 2020, 11:22:03 AM »
Thats a great theory you have there Al...........now all you have to do is get that into Palletchooks noggin.
99'Gu 4.2 Patrol.
2004 Jayco Outback Swan

https://www.fuelly.com/driver/markgu/patrol?fu=5470975

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1353 on: September 07, 2020, 12:12:13 PM »
Your right Alan...we are all in it together.  Some more so than others. As I,ve said before I have kids and grandkids in Victoria. All doing it tough...like most.  The wife is really frustrated at not seeing them since before last Xmas. There must be something wrong with them though...they are staying home and doing the right thing!!!   No going to illegal demonstrations, no posting bullShit on farcebook or forums, wearing masks and following hygiene recommendations.  They would rather do it tough for a little longer than see the whole state turn to Shit if a third wave was to hit!  Its no good slagging off at different state premiers or federal ministers...no one has had any experience with the situation we are in now. They are doing their best.  Mistakes will be made but then again, that is to be expected...so long as we learn from them.  News of a possible vaccine breakthrough today is a big positive. People can whinge about borders but in reality we all live in some sort of closed borders.  Whether it be the fence around your yard or farm, the borders between states, borders around national parks etc.etc....Shutting borders has been  a positive way of helping to stop the spread of the virus...if you dont think so then write to a minister and ask him to remove international borders as well. The aim is localize the infection as best as possible and try to control it.  Elimination wont be for a long time yet. .  Ipswich hospital has had to isolate 220 staff because of one case yesterday.  Europe is seeing thousands of more cases every day since relaxing a little on the socializing rules.  Hopefully this time next year we can all talk about what a bastard the virus was and how we are glad its under control... :cheers:

Yep all doing it tough to different degrees.   Our daughter has been in the States with her hubby for 4.5 years now.   Mum wants her back home to 'protect' her from the virus and all the other crap happening in the States at present but that's not going to happen.   

There is a lot at stake with the Virus, not just immediate health concerns from Virus, but as clearly set out by a lot of posts regarding the mental health and basic well being of people, particularly those in any form of lock down.   Then there is the rebuild after for those with business and jobs.   As there is no rule book with the Virus it is trial and error, the less errors the better. 

Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #1354 on: September 07, 2020, 02:48:20 PM »
Interesting comparison of SYD to MEL case numbers.
https://www.news.com.au/national/victoria/politics/coronavirus-victoria-roadmap-criteria-to-easing-restrictions-would-see-sydney-in-lockdown-now/news-story/c5d152cfef153022ac6ec0597fec1a5e

My mower man can't mow my lawns, I don't even interact with him when he does, but we're told outside is less risk of community transmission, so let's kill his business...
Wearing a mask is the way to prevent transmission, yet they won't open retail as there are too many people interacting, isn't that why we're being told to wear masks...
Meanwhile in Sydney...
« Last Edit: September 07, 2020, 02:54:14 PM by D4D »
I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline millator

• Swag User
    • Martins Astro
« Reply #1355 on: September 07, 2020, 03:00:56 PM »
Now think back about where it all started??????????????????? Drums here,

Does this come into mind and why is little Dan attacked for doing the job he HAS to do??

On Thursday, the Ruby Princess cruise ship docked in Sydney with dozens of undiagnosed coronavirus cases onboard.
Almost 2,700 passengers - some coughing and spluttering - were allowed to leave the ship at Sydney Harbour, catching trains, buses and even overseas flights to get home.
More than 130 people from the cruise have now tested positive, making it the biggest single source of infections in Australia. One passenger died in hospital on Tuesday.
The saga has caused much anger: why was the ship allowed to dock and unload people?

People need to blame someone so they themselfs look better :(

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #1356 on: September 07, 2020, 03:50:22 PM »
Interesting comparison of SYD to MEL case numbers.
https://www.news.com.au/national/victoria/politics/coronavirus-victoria-roadmap-criteria-to-easing-restrictions-would-see-sydney-in-lockdown-now/news-story/c5d152cfef153022ac6ec0597fec1a5e

My mower man can't mow my lawns, I don't even interact with him when he does, but we're told outside is less risk of community transmission, so let's kill his business...
Wearing a mask is the way to prevent transmission, yet they won't open retail as there are too many people interacting, isn't that why we're being told to wear masks...
Meanwhile in Sydney...

Masks can only help lower transmission. Not 100% stop it.

"The bottom line, experts say, is that masks might help keep people with COVID-19 from unknowingly passing along the virus. But the evidence for the efficacy of surgical or homemade masks is limited, and masks aren't the most important protection against the coronavirus".   Live Science.Jun 2, 2020

Unfortunately the mower man will have to interact a lot more than amny.  Maybe a few dozen homes a week, possibly school grounds, , shop yards etc.  He will also interact at servos, parts shops, and possibly mechanics.  Like many he is doing it tough. No ones disputing that. Lot more doing it tougher.  If there was a simple solution it would have been ran out by now.   Just have to remember we have been extremely lucky in this country. Extremely!  Luck or good management or a mixture of both has been responsible for saving many lives.  Our death toll could have been so much more.  If it had of got hold in remote aboriginal regions the death toll would have been in the thousands..not hundreds.

Its bloody hard to be positive or optimistic but when you look at nearly every other country..we are doing well.
Having lots of friends on farcebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...means absolutely nothing!!
The following users thanked this post: Ozsnowman

Offline wakychapmans

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #1357 on: September 07, 2020, 04:46:39 PM »

Its bloody hard to be positive or optimistic but when you look at nearly every other country..we are doing well.

oh good Dog yes... we could be the USA.

now THERE is a right royal cluster**** in progress. But... but... "ma freedums"
Wayne & Kyria Chapman
(+ Tucker & Monty the Samoyeds)
http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=58855.msg1064705#msg1064705
www.youtube.com/@morepawstravels/about
105 series Landcruiser 1HZ (soooooo much power)
1994, Supreme Getaway 14' (a "renovators dream")
http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=56736.

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #1358 on: September 07, 2020, 04:50:43 PM »
India's moved up the ladder into second place
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:COVID-19_pandemic_data

We're not doing too bad 71st place.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Hairs

• Get outside every day, Miracles are waiting everywhere
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • A door can be a jar, but a jar can not be a door??
« Reply #1359 on: September 07, 2020, 05:06:22 PM »

"ma freedums"
This is what is pi$$in me the most.
The energy/resources dealing with these stains on the sheets.
NEWS footage, Protesters yesterday, a women, was lead away, throwing her head back She is screaming, "I can't Breathe"
Note, she was white.

Sure, I get we all can object a mountain of Shite that we fon't think is just or fair, but some are so F%$#€£ in the head, it really does make you question, what's life going to be like be like in 12 months time.
I have faith that the wheel has to turn, but Christ it's Not lookin good atm.

Sorry, I shall head to the fridge, ;)

You don't use magic to disappear, all you need is a 4wd & a Swag ;)

Offline Pete79

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1360 on: September 07, 2020, 05:37:01 PM »
Now think back about where it all started??????????????????? Drums here,

Does this come into mind and why is little Dan attacked for doing the job he HAS to do??

On Thursday, the Ruby Princess cruise ship docked in Sydney with dozens of undiagnosed coronavirus cases onboard.
Almost 2,700 passengers - some coughing and spluttering - were allowed to leave the ship at Sydney Harbour, catching trains, buses and even overseas flights to get home.
More than 130 people from the cruise have now tested positive, making it the biggest single source of infections in Australia. One passenger died in hospital on Tuesday.
The saga has caused much anger: why was the ship allowed to dock and unload people?

People need to blame someone so they themselfs look better :(
Haha, I was thinking exactly the same thing when ScoMo was high-fiving his Liberal team mate at that press conference earlier today. ;)

Apparently NSW is so totally awesome because they have their health officials involved in every part of their virus tracing and control measures.
That would be exactly the same health officials that caused half of the mess the whole country is in right now. ::)

And then there is those private security contractors in Sydney that got infected while working at the international returned travelers quarantine hotels.
Apparently going by the non existent outrage aimed at those guys, the poor old NSW infected contractors are totally different to the evil and incompetent VIC infected contractors.

The only thing worse then the virus at the moment is all of the rubbish politics going on.... :(

Offline Hairs

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1361 on: September 07, 2020, 06:33:31 PM »

The only thing worse then the virus at the moment is all of the rubbish politics going on.... :(
From all sides of the political divide.
Doesn't matter which team you support, they are all as bad as each other.
:(

Offline Pete79

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1362 on: September 07, 2020, 06:41:20 PM »
From all sides of the political divide.
Doesn't matter which team you support, they are all as bad as each other.
:(
Absolutely!!
And it would be no different if the other side were in charge, state or federally.

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #1363 on: September 07, 2020, 06:44:02 PM »
Quote from: Pete79
Apparently going by the non existent outrage aimed at those guys, the poor old NSW infected contractors are totally different to the evil and incompetent VIC infected contractors

Gold
well put LMAO!

Absolutely!!
And it would be no different if the other side were in charge, state or federally.
agree 354209394872394875%
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Hairs

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1364 on: September 07, 2020, 07:09:44 PM »
I may be, probably I am wrong here, But.
Doesn't personal responibility stop at individuals?
You can make as many Laws, regulations as you want, but If people choose to ignore those, who is responsible?

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1365 on: September 07, 2020, 09:24:51 PM »
I may be, probably I am wrong here, But.
Doesn't personal responibility stop at individuals?
You can make as many Laws, regulations as you want, but If people choose to ignore those, who is responsible?

The government !!!   Just ask them.....

If they didn't make the law, there would be no need to break the law.

Everyone understands that some of these laws go against the freedom that us westernised countries are used to, but these dumbos are not getting the idea of "unprecedented" times. Maybe when all this is over, they can give themselves an uppercut when the realise how stupid they were ??
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #1366 on: September 08, 2020, 06:55:54 AM »
Interesting idea to have a broader range of health professionals develop the plan rather than just the government's appointed health professionals. This will only be the tip of the iceberg of the flow on effects of lockdown.
https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/afl-2020-former-afl-star-luke-darcys-tragic-admission-in-premier-daniel-andrews-interview/news-story/ea65a2e1e1e60eb91a95957237f9353f

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #1367 on: September 08, 2020, 10:15:43 AM »
“The signs, the data, the doctors, they tell us really clearly that if we open up too much too soon, it’ll get away from us and we won’t be open for too long,” he said.
its happened before.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #1368 on: September 08, 2020, 12:50:50 PM »
“The signs, the data, the doctors, they tell us really clearly that if we open up too much too soon, it’ll get away from us and we won’t be open for too long,” he said.
its happened before.

I'd prefer some independent review/oversight/expertise rather than just taking the word of the government paid health professionals. After all the evidence suggests they were unable to manage a simple quarantine process. There also needs to be a balance of thinking with regard to all future health challenges rather than just focussing on the virus itself.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 12:52:58 PM by D4D »

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline plusnq

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1369 on: September 08, 2020, 01:09:04 PM »
I'd prefer some independent review/oversight/expertise rather than just taking the word of the government paid health professionals. After all the evidence suggests they were unable to manage a simple quarantine process. There also needs to be a balance of thinking with regard to all future health challenges rather than just focussing on the virus itself.

In my experience it usually isn't a medical problem but a political problem. The advice will usually be sound but actual recommended policy is watered down to meet some political ends of the government of the day, whomever they are.

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #1370 on: September 08, 2020, 01:45:08 PM »
In my experience it usually isn't a medical problem but a political problem. The advice will usually be sound but actual recommended policy is watered down to meet some political ends of the government of the day, whomever they are.

Yup, hit the nail on the head and hence my point of independent review/oversight/expertise.

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline xcvator

• 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
spending the kids inheritance as fast as I can

tug 2018 Isuzu Mux LSU
1999 se diesel Jackaroo
July 10/2012  outback campers "Tanami"
New Age "Little Joey"

Offline moeite

• Tent User
« Reply #1373 on: September 09, 2020, 03:36:06 PM »
Very,very interesting, Brett Sutton might be out of a job

If he does end up out of a job it'll be another case of shooting the messenger.

Andrew and Sutton, et al. can only go on the best advice they can get. If that advice says that an effective tool to combat a rapidly rising incidence of COVID-19 is to have a curfew then common sense would tell you to implement it. Andrews and Sutton are in the position of having to follow credible advice whether or not their personal opinion differs. What I have taken from all of the stuff I've read is that Andrews and Sutton didn't want a curfew but the advice was that it should be implemented and so we have a curfew.

You can bet they have so much "advice" from people who are qualified to give it, as well as people who aren't, that sorting the good from the bad is a big job in itself. You can also bet that the shock jocks of this world do not have access to very much of the advice at all, apart from that coming from the rabble, but they need to get a hook into the listeners/readers/viewers.

Reporting facts seems to have fallen by the wayside leaving us, the poor consumer, to sort the wheat from the chaff and there is such a lot of chaff compared to the wheat.
Mark F...
VK3KW
2002 Discovery 2 Td5 auto
2004 Outback Sturt rear fold soft floor
Http://jandmf.com

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #1374 on: September 09, 2020, 03:58:43 PM »
Andrew and Sutton, et al. can only go on the best advice they can get.

And that's the point, Dan has always said every rule was by advice/order of the CHO, appears that's not the case. Dan did mention VicPol in his answer, I would assume this has come from Lisa Neville (Police Minister effectively in charge of the state during state of disaster). So we are in a police state with no oversight and no medical reason for the curfew...

Work - Outback
Play - Prado