Author Topic: Mutawintji national park  (Read 2475 times)

Offline 6knights

• Soft Floor Camper User
Mutawintji national park
« on: August 14, 2020, 10:48:43 PM »
Hi All

I am looking for info on what to see and do at Mutawintji NP as l am thinking of doing a trip that way in the Aug/ Sep school holidays, just looking for anyone who has been out that way that can help me out?  Is it worth going to?
    We only have a week and at almost 900 ks each way l didn't want to get out there only to find there is not a lot to do.  The web site reads well about the place with many walks / tours ect.  but real life feed back can be a great help.

We will be taking a 100 series towing a camper as well as a Isuzu ute.

Thanks
2006 100 series towing a 2012 modcon HFA  🙂

Offline Glenno

• Tent User
  • Happy when I'm in the red dirt!
Re: Mutawintji national park
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2020, 02:31:25 AM »
G’day 6knights

I honestly do love that place. The environment is so beautiful, I think the walks are really enjoyable, and good camping.

The colours are so spectacular, particularly around sunset.

Having been there a couple of times, the only issue we had was the time we went out there when it started raining. The access road is really only a dry weather only. It was very slippery and muddy.   During that trip the facilities were not working too well.  Hopefully they have been upgraded by now.

Enjoy it!
Glenno

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
The following users thanked this post: 6knights

Offline 6knights

• Soft Floor Camper User
Re: Mutawintji national park
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2020, 08:44:13 PM »
G’day 6knights

I honestly do love that place. The environment is so beautiful, I think the walks are really enjoyable, and good camping.

The colours are so spectacular, particularly around sunset.

Having been there a couple of times, the only issue we had was the time we went out there when it started raining. The access road is really only a dry weather only. It was very slippery and muddy.   During that trip the facilities were not working too well.  Hopefully they have been upgraded by now.

Enjoy it!
Glenno

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks Glenno

If we do get out there l will definitely keep an eye on the weather,  l might have to make a phone call to find out what facilities are there and see if the tours still operate
« Last Edit: August 15, 2020, 08:46:37 PM by 6knights »
2006 100 series towing a 2012 modcon HFA  🙂