Author Topic: Australian Made from now on, who's in?  (Read 26359 times)

Offline Robbo

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Put another banger on the barbie
Re: Australian Made from now on, who's in?
« Reply #75 on: March 31, 2020, 05:31:53 PM »
Mate, it's an Aussie tradition... LOL
Yep, Tall Poppy Syndrome is alive and well. Rather sad really as i have always admired anyone who has done well for themselves. Good on them and jealousy is a lonely disease.

Sent from my SM-J600G using Tapatalk

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #76 on: March 31, 2020, 05:57:57 PM »
But like most politicians smart enough and work hard enough to get there!

Getting really sick and tired of people having a go at successful people. >:(

I don't have a go at successful people, but I thought it was funny when you mentioned smart, work hard, successful and politician in the same sentence......... :D :D :D
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline rockrat

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #77 on: March 31, 2020, 06:08:09 PM »
I don't have a go at successful people, but I thought it was funny when you mentioned smart, work hard, successful and politician in the same sentence......... :D :D :D
Smart enough to get enough people to vote for them
Work hard enough to get enough people to vote for them
Successful enough to get enough people to vote for them

All of which gets them a nice little salary, plenty of benefits and if they are smart enough, work hard enough and are successful enough for enough time they get a great pension which should be more than enough. 

So I guess it just depends on your goals  :cup:

Offline prodigyrf

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #78 on: March 31, 2020, 07:55:12 PM »
Or Australian designed and engineered if you're not into putting on wheel nuts on the line for a bowl of rice (actually rice would be nice at the moment given the bare shelves)-
https://www.msn.com/en-au/motoring/news/this-vietnamese-car-company-could-save-holdens-aussie-workers/ar-BB10Y8Hj
One thing about ferociously competitive cars is they keep our biz costs down and we don't have to subsidise car workers to the tune of $50k each a year and it's not as if Holden Ford and Toyota didn't give it a good try manufacturing here.
There's no Great Evil conspiracy against consumers within engineering, manufacturing and supply. Just the many tradeoffs incurred to satisfy diverse tastes, priorities and wallets. But first comes all the insatiable Gummint eggsperts, nanny-staters and usual suspects.

Offline Winchy

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #79 on: April 01, 2020, 07:55:28 AM »
https://www.facebook.com/Australian-Made-Products-107441767577872/

Offline Spada

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #80 on: April 01, 2020, 12:29:25 PM »
Asahi Brewing (Japan) to buy C.U.B (which is currently Belgian owned) - https://www.9news.com.au/national/victoria-bitter-owner-sale-cub-to-asahi-not-blocked-by-accc/ee5f892c-69fc-4eae-8884-8ef6faeb392d

Asahi currently owns the following brands in Aus -
Non-alcoholic:

Cool Ridge
Cottee's Cordial
Extra Juicy
Frantelle
Gatorade
Mountain Dew
Passiona
Pepsi
Pop Tops
Schweppes
Smart Juice
SOLO Original
Spring Valley
Sunkist
VOSS
Alcoholic:

Ready to drink: Vodka Cruiser, Rhythm, Red Bear, Woodstock, Highland Scotch, Wild Moose
Beer: Asahi Super Dry, NZ Pure, Kingfisher Lager, Cricketers Arms, Asahi Soukai, Estrella Damm
Cider: Somersby
Spirits: Woodstock Bottled Spirits, Nikka Whisky

And with the purchase of CUB will now also have-
Beer brands– Great Northern, Victoria Bitter, Carlton Draught, Carlton Dry, Cascade Premium, Pure Blonde, Matilda Bay, Fat Yak, Melbourne Bitter, Crown Lager, Pirate Life, 4 Pines, Foster’s, Reschs and Balter. CUB also imports or manufactures, and then distributes, a range of other beer brands under licence, including Goose Island, Corona, Stella Artois, Belle-vue, Hoegaarden, Leffe, Beck’s, Lowenbrau, Franziskaner, Spaten and Budweiser.
Cider brands– Strongbow, Mercury, Bonamy’s, Little Green, Spring Cider Co, Dirty Granny, Pure Blonde Cider. CUB also manufactures and distributes Bulmers under licence from Heineken.
Spirits brands– Cougar, Black Douglas, Lexington Hill, Karloff, Continental Liqueurs, Coyote and Prince Albert.
Spada.
76 Series Cruiser & Zone Peregrine caravan.

Offline Marcus73

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #81 on: April 01, 2020, 02:34:53 PM »
While there are a lot of things that aren’t made or grown here, there are also still a few and if we can at least support these companies more than we have been, it’s gotta be a bloody good start doesn’t it? The more Australian companies see us buying Australian products, the incentive it is too produce more. That’s my take anyway.
I have been definitely guilty of just buying whatever, but since all of this crap I’ll look for Aussie made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Spada

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #82 on: April 01, 2020, 03:54:39 PM »
Thanks to the prompt from Mark & Steffo, I'm now committed myself to a concerted effort this weekend to try all the offerings from Dr. Cooper and find a new beer fridge filler (or two)  ;D
Spada.

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #83 on: April 01, 2020, 05:59:54 PM »
When you finally identify the Product is Australian made, Australian owned etc, but what about who you are buying from?  Are they Australian or Foreign?   
Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Offline rockrat

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #84 on: April 01, 2020, 06:06:49 PM »
Thanks to the prompt from Mark & Steffo, I'm now committed myself to a concerted effort this weekend to try all the offerings from Dr. Cooper and find a new beer fridge filler (or two)  ;D
What, the local craft breweries not your thing?  ;D

Offline Troopy_03

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Now a small poptop c'van. Really miss the CT :-(
« Reply #85 on: April 01, 2020, 06:16:55 PM »
Good to hear about some much needed medical supplies being imported from your favourite country of choice...
4.2L TD Toyota Troopy, (Clarke's Country Camper Trailer, softfloor.) sold it and bought a Avan Ray small poptop caravan. I miss being able to acces the little tracks off into the scrub.

Offline Troopy_03

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #86 on: April 01, 2020, 06:18:49 PM »

That's about the only type of beer I buy these days. Occasionally I'll buy some of the international beers.
4.2L TD Toyota Troopy, (Clarke's Country Camper Trailer, softfloor.) sold it and bought a Avan Ray small poptop caravan. I miss being able to acces the little tracks off into the scrub.

Offline Spada

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #87 on: April 02, 2020, 06:46:22 AM »

I'd prefer something that can be readily sourced, and I've found a lot of the craft beers to be an acquired taste?
Spada.

Offline Steffo1

• Hard Top Camper User
  • More I learn about women, more I like my ute
« Reply #88 on: April 02, 2020, 08:38:19 AM »
to be an acquired taste?

Very tactful, that! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
'93 4.2 TD 'Cruiser 'tilly
'08 TD V6 Disco 3
'10 16' Evernew Pop Top

"sit bonum tempora volvunt"

Offline Ultimate Adventures Podcast

• Sleeping Bag User
    • Ultimate Adventures Podcast
« Reply #89 on: April 02, 2020, 02:49:42 PM »
That's about the only type of beer I buy these days. Occasionally I'll buy some of the international beers.

We like nothing better then finding a craft brewer somewhere and killing an afternoon.  :cheers:
Cheers
UAP

Checkout our Camping Podcast
https://ultimateadventurespodcast.buzzsprout.com

Offline Spada

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #90 on: April 02, 2020, 05:13:10 PM »
I'd prefer something that can be readily sourced, and I've found a lot of the craft beers to be an acquired taste?

I've sampled quite a few craft beers, here's a couple of pictures from my man-cave. No two stubbies the same, and everyone of then sampled by yours truly  ;D

Spada.

Offline rockrat

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #91 on: April 02, 2020, 05:42:01 PM »

I've sampled quite a few craft beers, here's a couple of pictures from my man-cave. No two stubbies the same, and everyone of then sampled by yours truly  ;D

:cup:

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #92 on: April 02, 2020, 06:20:34 PM »

Found the same. Some of them just a small step up from home brew..
Some beers seem ok after 1 or 2, but after sampling a carton, it soon sorts the good from the so,so stuff ?

I like a beer that tastes good carton after carton.......latest beer of choice, Coopers Dry !!
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline Hairs

• Get outside every day, Miracles are waiting everywhere
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • A door can be a jar, but a jar can not be a door??
« Reply #93 on: April 02, 2020, 07:22:32 PM »
Sorry I haven't read the whole thread.
If you want to do something positive gor Australian producers, please click on the link.
If it has been posted before, sorry.  BTW, thanks kev.
[url]http://buyausmag.com.au/[url]
You don't use magic to disappear, all you need is a 4wd & a Swag ;)

Offline tombie

• Tent User
Australian Made from now on, who's in?
« Reply #94 on: April 02, 2020, 07:37:51 PM »
40 years ago the argument was against the Japanese!!  Nothing will change, unfortunately...Money is the deciding factor... People only pay what they can afford.  There is a lot of Chinese stuff on the narket...most of it sold by Australian citizens..

Agree with the sentiment although A lot of people can afford it.  They just plain simply won’t pay it!

A majority of Aussies want big salaries, short work weeks and low cost products.

Very few (obviously) saw an Aussie company move it’s manufacturing overseas and then refused to buy their products.  Think Bonds etc.

People import parts to save a dollar which is killing bricks and mortar shops here because it’s cheaper.  Complain of mark ups yet want big pay and spend SFA.  Then complain there’s nowhere here when the SHTF.

And then there’s those who blame the Government for it all.  Nope, blame the people.  People drove this by:

Wanting everything cheaper,
Importing cheaper products to compete,
Demanding high wages for low skill tasks (Partly Union greed there),
Moving to a disposable product methodology,
Wanting huge houses, fancy toys and inducing big debt to do so.

“Your” Super Fund is also responsible.  They drive companies to greater ROI and that drives the search for cheaper production markets.

There’s heaps more...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 07:39:44 PM by tombie »

Offline tombie

• Tent User
« Reply #95 on: April 02, 2020, 07:43:30 PM »

So the doom and gloomers of the UN say.  Thought they would be happy about COVID19 and all it reaps.  After all the UN is the one pushing to have the population reduced as it allegedly can not maintain the current and projected population levels.

Every spoken with a Farmer / Pastoralist?
They have calculations for the number of animals they can run.
It’s based on Feed available, Land Size, Water availability.  Not enough of one of these and too many animals would die.

It’s the same if you consider humans.
Finite space
Finite feed
Finite water

The FULL UN document mentions managing population levels.  This can be as simple as limitations on numbers of children per couple.  I don’t think they mentioned Soilent Green at all.

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #96 on: April 02, 2020, 08:34:34 PM »
Every spoken with a Farmer / Pastoralist?
They have calculations for the number of animals they can run.
It’s based on Feed available, Land Size, Water availability.  Not enough of one of these and too many animals would die.

It’s the same if you consider humans.
Finite space
Finite feed
Finite water

The FULL UN document mentions managing population levels.  This can be as simple as limitations on numbers of children per couple.  I don’t think they mentioned Soilent Green at all.

The calculations the Grazier's  make, also varies on a few other factors.  Due to carrying capacity of a Grazier's property being fairly restricted, Grazier's also take advantage of any change or improvement in farming technique which will improve the carrying capacity.  This has resulted in an increasing carrying capacity for most Graziers. 

The UN is largely stuck on the Malthusian Law of Population, regardless of how many times the 'Law' has been shown to be false.  Relying on a theory from 1798 and not changing make sense.  How many times has the prediction been made that we will 'run out' of food?

At present just what our maximum population is, is really unknown. 
Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Offline Troopy_03

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #97 on: April 02, 2020, 10:00:21 PM »

Yeah, that acquired taste is due to them actually using Hops and Malted grain... weird idea eh?  ;D
The following users thanked this post: Ultimate Adventures Podcast

Offline Troopy_03

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #98 on: April 02, 2020, 10:01:45 PM »
Found the same. Some of them just a small step up from home brew..
Some beers seem ok after 1 or 2, but after sampling a carton, it soon sorts the good from the so,so stuff ?

I like a beer that tastes good carton after carton.......latest beer of choice, Coopers Dry !!

What? not XXXX Gold?  >:D

CTL

« Reply #99 on: April 02, 2020, 10:04:58 PM »

Agreed.  A good drop.  And Australian owned.   :cheers: