Author Topic: New swimming spot  (Read 1762 times)

Offline Craig Tomkinson

• Hard Top Camper User
New swimming spot
« on: January 09, 2019, 10:16:39 PM »
Hi All, After nearly 55 years of living and 45 years of playing around Noosa and Cooloola coast and having  the place to ourselfs for years, then in the last 10 years we hardly go anywhere now on any of the school holidays in the warmer months as it is just to busy and full of drunken Fwits, Today was a great day I had heard of the 3 lagoons swimming holes for years and had never been there, My wife was given directions Its on the way to Tin Can Bay and 9 ks into the forestry, it took a bit to find as our directions were a bit out but once there we had the place to ourselfs which is nearly impossible this day and age around here I tell you, There was a rope swing in a big squiggly gum tree into very deep water the boys and I had a ball swinging out off the tree, and we took our one kayak and we had a great few hours, Will find a photo and post later, Oh I got my son to post a link of me,Craig   

https://youtu.be/r5IjRooYugM
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 10:24:08 PM by Craig Tomkinson »
1990 80 series 1HZ hill sniffer rebiult with 2 inch lift
1982 Jayco Jaylark  pop up van rebuilt
1999 5m Quintrex King on heavy duty offroad boat trailer

Offline nab

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: New swimming spot
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2019, 02:10:13 AM »
Haha so you are tarzan

Cracking looking spot, how far from your place
2005 Jayco Dove - sold
2003 Coromal Pioneer XC

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 04:56:38 AM »
Maybe not such a good idea to post the swing bit....now the greenies will be looking for the silverback that was seen swinging from tree to tree...

lol....No crowds..thats great.   Can you camp?
Having lots of friends on farcebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...means absolutely nothing!!

Offline Craig Tomkinson

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2019, 06:26:03 AM »
Hi Nab, no my wife did that for a joke I am to fat theses days to be the ape man, not many years ago i would climbed to the top of that tree. about 45minutes away. Craig

Hi big Fish, They would of just shot me some weird type of ape, Do not get me started on greenies we can not fart in is country because of them, No it was forestry for years and you got a free permit and you could go there any time, I do not know if you could camp I would say so, but its a conservation area now so no camping is out but plenty do buy the old fires spots,  Its run or looked after buy NPs now and heaverly fenced around the three water holes with timber bollards,  I think its a great spot that could have plenty of people paying to camp there and have a couple of dunny blocks with a few day stay time, No you watch if the Dheads keep pulling the bollards out and craping everywhere near the water they will close it for shore, Craig

Offline GBC

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2019, 08:57:09 AM »
Keep it quiet mate, like gps marks for wrecks, once they get on the internet they're stuffed within a month or two. Looks like a great spot.

Offline Craig Tomkinson

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2019, 12:24:38 PM »
Yep I here you GBC, You are not wrong, Yep we will go back for shore, Craig
The following users thanked this post: GBC