Author Topic: So whats the plan for 2019 & beyond  (Read 15907 times)

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: So whats the plan for 2019 & beyond
« Reply #75 on: January 09, 2019, 08:02:02 AM »
Bought a house at the end of last year so camping is on hold for a while and focusing on kicking the mortgage in the butt for a bit.
We went on a Mediterranean cruise in 2018 and found we loved it so saving for the Alaskan cruise in 2020

Umm, Chester, hate to be a pain in the bum :angel:, but you do realise that going camping is just a bit cheaper than an Alaskan cruise, don't you ??? >:D
Winner PotM comp Jan 2021!

Terrie: 2014 Ford SZ Territory,
Coromal: 2023 Soul Seeker 18'
Sunnie:  2010 Sunliner Holiday

Offline Hairs

• Get outside every day, Miracles are waiting everywhere
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • A door can be a jar, but a jar can not be a door??
« Reply #76 on: January 17, 2019, 07:45:08 PM »
My plan has changed.
Work hard,
Laugh,
Love,
Respect,
Distance myself from toxic people,
Hold a hand out to those that need someone.
Surround myself with good people, because they will bring the best out of me.
Happy Days & Safe Travels Swaggers
:cheers:

Sent from my SM-P585Y using Tapatalk

You don't use magic to disappear, all you need is a 4wd & a Swag ;)

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #77 on: January 17, 2019, 08:38:47 PM »
My plan has changed......

so has ours....we won't be picking up our new van this year now, more on that hopefully next week though.
The smell of bacon proves aromatherapy isn't total bull$/!t

Offline Hairs

• Get outside every day, Miracles are waiting everywhere
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • A door can be a jar, but a jar can not be a door??
« Reply #78 on: January 17, 2019, 08:47:12 PM »
so has ours....we won't be picking up our new van this year now, more on that hopefully next week though.
Hope ya get it sorted.
Patience Grasshopper.

You don't use magic to disappear, all you need is a 4wd & a Swag ;)

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #79 on: January 17, 2019, 09:05:02 PM »
Hope ya get it sorted.
Patience Grasshopper.

won't say any more on it for now, but there's abit of a story to go with it....hopefully I get sorted what I need to very soon.

Offline noel_w

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Welcoming Mexicans to SEQ since 2015
« Reply #80 on: January 18, 2019, 06:39:36 AM »
18 months till retirement. Sell up the 4 walls in the big smoke and buy a shed in the bush, hopefully with a house with it. Have been hoping for a redundancy but thats not gonna happen. Life in IT at my age means I have found a little niche and am staying there till the gold watch comes. Too old to learn all the new stuff we are implementing so on the slow wind up. Plans to turn left at the Bruce Hwy and see what happens after that.
TUG=GU ST 2012 Ute, CT = Modcon Imperial HF
We have to start thinking about what sort of a world we are going to leave for Keith Richards after we are all gone.

Offline Steffo1

• Hard Top Camper User
  • More I learn about women, more I like my ute
« Reply #81 on: January 18, 2019, 08:09:42 AM »
18 months till retirement. Sell up the 4 walls in the big smoke and buy a shed in the bush, hopefully with a house with it. Have been hoping for a redundancy but thats not gonna happen. Life in IT at my age means I have found a little niche and am staying there till the gold watch comes. Too old to learn all the new stuff we are implementing so on the slow wind up. Plans to turn left at the Bruce Hwy and see what happens after that.

Hope you do better with Centrelink than I did, when the time comes, Noel. I had the pleasure of a "First Encounter" with them last week, after attaining retirement age. :D
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 08:12:19 AM by Steffo1 »
'93 4.2 TD 'Cruiser 'tilly
'08 TD V6 Disco 3
'10 16' Evernew Pop Top

"sit bonum tempora volvunt"

Offline Pottsy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #82 on: January 18, 2019, 11:42:02 AM »
Hope you do better with Centrelink than I did, when the time comes, Noel. I had the pleasure of a "First Encounter" with them last week, after attaining retirement age. :D
One of the best things you can do with Centrelink is get the ball rolling early, if you plan to retire get in and see them 6-9 months prior and get all the associated paperwork etc and get it lodged as soon as you can and give them more rather than less info, otherwise they just keep stringing you out.
if God had meant me to walk he wouldn't have invented 4wds! Mitsubishi Challenger Pc 2014 (Blondie)
Challange Meredien Offroad Walk Thru

Offline MarkGU

• Proud Variety Basher
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Sorry, did i offend you with my Common Sense?
    • Everyday Hero
« Reply #83 on: January 18, 2019, 11:45:50 AM »
my 2019?

Looking like a job change, better money &more time with the family. 8)
 Another Variety Bash in May. ;D
 Only people who appreciate things i do for them & no back stabbers from now on.  :-\
 Planning our next long trip away  :cheers:

Bring on 2019  :cup:
99'Gu 4.2 Patrol.
2004 Jayco Outback Swan

https://www.fuelly.com/driver/markgu/patrol?fu=5470975

Offline Steffo1

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #84 on: January 18, 2019, 02:46:09 PM »
One of the best things you can do with Centrelink is get the ball rolling early, if you plan to retire get in and see them 6-9 months prior and get all the associated paperwork etc and get it lodged as soon as you can and give them more rather than less info, otherwise they just keep stringing you out.

Yep. Pottsy, did all that just to find out I am eligible for Zilch, not even a health card and "No", it's not because I'm wealthy but more to do with the good woman being 4 years younger than I and still working.
We even went through their Financial Adviser System, which I would recommend to anyone. It's a free service and makes sorting things out a lot easier, be it good or bad.

Noel, I hope you get something so I know that not all of my past taxes are supporting bludgers, druggies and their ilk.
'08 TD V6 Disco 3
'10 16' Evernew Pop Top

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #85 on: January 18, 2019, 02:56:46 PM »
you should have gone in stoned off your tits with painted on track marks, ripped flanno, jeans down to your knees with a pair of 12week old stained Y fronts on, crushed packet of durries, coughing like a 50 yr 10 pack a day smoker, borrowed 10 kids and pinched them all as you walked in teh door so they cried and screamed..

Going in there looking like a decent human will NEVER get you anywhere with those ****s.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Pottsy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #86 on: January 18, 2019, 02:58:15 PM »
Yep. Pottsy, did all that just to find out I am eligible for Zilch, not even a health card and "No", it's not because I'm wealthy but more to do with the good woman being 4 years younger than I and still working.
We even went through their Financial Adviser System, which I would recommend to anyone. It's a free service and makes sorting things out a lot easier, be it good or bad.

Noel, I hope you get something so I know that not all of my past taxes are supporting bludgers, druggies and their ilk.

Yep it's one of the times being with a younger women just doesn't pay. ;D ;D
if God had meant me to walk he wouldn't have invented 4wds! Mitsubishi Challenger Pc 2014 (Blondie)
Challange Meredien Offroad Walk Thru

Offline noel_w

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Welcoming Mexicans to SEQ since 2015
« Reply #87 on: January 18, 2019, 03:03:53 PM »

Thanks Steve, not sure I will get anything from what my online super calculators tell me. I need to see a financial person sooner or later I think. I was looking at downsizing my home asset level but now am not so sure. One guy (not an adviser) told me if I guy a more expensive house I may be entitled to some benefits. I know my super will keep me afloat if it has to but have some plans to supplement it from some shed output.
Steve I hear your comment loud and clear and totally concur. Worked all my life to pay taxes and looking like ending up not getting a brass razoo. But if I didn't work I would be dragging it in. Just doesn't add up.

TUG=GU ST 2012 Ute, CT = Modcon Imperial HF
We have to start thinking about what sort of a world we are going to leave for Keith Richards after we are all gone.

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #88 on: January 18, 2019, 03:59:37 PM »
you should have gone in stoned off your tits with painted on track marks, ripped flanno, jeans down to your knees with a pair of 12week old stained Y fronts on, crushed packet of durries, coughing like a 50 yr 10 pack a day smoker, borrowed 10 kids and pinched them all as you walked in teh door so they cried and screamed..

Going in there looking like a decent human will NEVER get you anywhere with those ****s.
my misses actually works on the counter in one of those places, I really appreciate you referring to her and her work colleagues like that heaps.... maybe try posting a cheerful post for a change, your negative ones are getting a bit much  :cheers:

Offline briann532

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #89 on: January 18, 2019, 04:18:01 PM »
……………… Well on a lighter note ???

I plan to finish the bathroom down at the property, build a 3 bedroom cabin with verandah and build a carport for my van.
Also hope to add an electric gate at home and do some gardening.

Plans plans plans.....
Well I've put it out there now so I'll see how I go.

As far as swagging goes, just hope to get down there as much as I can and sacrifice as much timber to the beer gods as possible.
Offer a few legs of lamb and copious mead and now I can even "return and earn" the empties. Win Win.  :cheers:
Back to a swag!
BitsiShity Tryton
Spending most of my time at the farm in Dalton!

Offline JusyApples

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #90 on: January 18, 2019, 05:39:47 PM »
my misses actually works on the counter in one of those places, I really appreciate you referring to her and her work colleagues like that heaps.... maybe try posting a cheerful post for a change, your negative ones are getting a bit much  :cheers:
Tell you what respect to anyone working at Centrelink. Been in there once after our first child. I could imagine the crap they put up with every day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bought a what?
Researching my next camper

Offline wakychapmans

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #91 on: January 18, 2019, 06:08:55 PM »
at this stage...

want to try and get away with the wife, the dog and the camper once a month for a simple weekender.

would also like to try and get away for a weekend bikepacking trip once a month as well. if I can get Tucker trained more... then he will come with me. So that might be referred to as bike/dog packing.

Other than that... listen to the news a lot less. Relax more.
Wayne & Kyria Chapman
(+ Tucker & Monty the Samoyeds)
www.youtube.com/@morepawstravels/about
105 series Landcruiser 1HZ (soooooo much power)
1994, Supreme Getaway 14' (a "renovators dream")
http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=56736.0
2 x titanium fatbikes with 4.8" tyres

KingBilly

« Reply #92 on: January 18, 2019, 06:53:52 PM »
Mine is simple.  Wake up each day.

KB

Offline Alan Loy

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #93 on: January 18, 2019, 09:25:05 PM »
Some people don't understand the difference between making policy and having to implement it, nor do they understand who makes the decisions that mean staff levels are such that they keep you on the phone for hours.

But it does give you the sh1ts !!

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #94 on: January 19, 2019, 06:33:27 AM »
Sometime during 2019,it would be nice to see it rain out here at some point.
I DON'T CARE HOW NICE THE HAND SOAP SMELLS.....

You should never walk out of the public toilets sniffing your fingers.

Offline Rowlie

• Swag User
« Reply #95 on: January 19, 2019, 07:14:21 AM »
"Thanks Steve, not sure I will get anything from what my online super calculators tell me. I need to see a financial person sooner or later I think. I was looking at downsizing my home asset level but now am not so sure. One guy (not an adviser) told me if I guy a more expensive house I may be entitled to some benefits. I know my super will keep me afloat if it has to but have some plans to supplement it from some shed output.
Steve I hear your comment loud and clear and totally concur. Worked all my life to pay taxes and looking like ending up not getting a brass razoo. But if I didn't work I would be dragging it in. Just doesn't add up."

Noel,
You really MUST see a financial adviser. Not the Centrelink guy. I am a self funded retiree who thought he knew it all. My adviser is younger than my kids (and he is their adviser too now) so he should be around for a while. Boy does he know his way around the system. If you get a good one and he/she can find you entitlements - particularly the health card - I understand he/she can do the Centrelink work for you.

Offline Steffo1

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #96 on: January 19, 2019, 08:22:11 AM »
"Thanks Steve, not sure I will get anything from what my online super calculators tell me. I need to see a financial person sooner or later I think. I was looking at downsizing my home asset level but now am not so sure. One guy (not an adviser) told me if I guy a more expensive house I may be entitled to some benefits. I know my super will keep me afloat if it has to but have some plans to supplement it from some shed output.
Steve I hear your comment loud and clear and totally concur. Worked all my life to pay taxes and looking like ending up not getting a brass razoo. But if I didn't work I would be dragging it in. Just doesn't add up."

Noel,
You really MUST see a financial adviser. Not the Centrelink guy. I am a self funded retiree who thought he knew it all. My adviser is younger than my kids (and he is their adviser too now) so he should be around for a while. Boy does he know his way around the system. If you get a good one and he/she can find you entitlements - particularly the health card - I understand he/she can do the Centrelink work for you.

Rowlie, by no means was I suggesting Noel not get outside advice. I was saying that the C/link adviser got us through the government stuff smoothly. They don't have a vested interest in your finances and just let you know where you stand with regard to your assets etc, as they stand at the time, as opposed to an "Adviser" who is trying to manage your money for your benefit and his income.
Also, after hearing horror stories about what to expect at C/link centres, I have to say that the two we visited (Deception Bay and Mitchleton) were operated efficiently and  we had no issues whatsoever.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 08:27:20 AM by Steffo1 »
'08 TD V6 Disco 3
'10 16' Evernew Pop Top

Offline JusyApples

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #97 on: January 19, 2019, 09:35:39 AM »
Rowlie, by no means was I suggesting Noel not get outside advice. I was saying that the C/link adviser got us through the government stuff smoothly. They don't have a vested interest in your finances and just let you know where you stand with regard to your assets etc, as they stand at the time, as opposed to an "Adviser" who is trying to manage your money for your benefit and his income.
Also, after hearing horror stories about what to expect at C/link centres, I have to say that the two we visited (Deception Bay and Mitchleton) were operated efficiently and  we had no issues whatsoever.
I had a plan to win the 100mil give some away to my family, some to charity and never work again. But I will be back at work 2pm Monday can’t wait.

Bought a what?
Researching my next camper

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #98 on: January 20, 2019, 01:25:00 PM »
Some people don't understand the difference between making policy and having to implement it, nor do they understand who makes the decisions that mean staff levels are such that they keep you on the phone for hours.

But it does give you the sh1ts !!
:cup: 100% correct you are.

Tell you what respect to anyone working at Centrelink. Been in there once after our first child. I could imagine the crap they put up with every day

there is a real reason they have a full time Security guard / come Bouncer inside thier office, and that they have lock down and evacuation procedures for both staff and the other "clients" also. When my misses worked at Medicare they never had to call the Police to her work, but now her location has merged with Centrelink, Police being called to thier office is a fairly regular thing. Numerous people are banned from centres all around the country due to thier behaviour (they actually have a special phone number to call if they need to speak to someone), I wouldn't last a week working there putting up with the behaviour of many of thier "clients", I'd react in a way that would leave me unemployed. I have plenty of stories I could tell of what goes on at thier centre, the real scary part is that hers is one of the better centres to work at compared to certain other centres.

Offline Kangaron

• "Don't make excuses, Make it Happen."
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #99 on: January 20, 2019, 02:03:19 PM »
Sounds like a fun place, am glad I will never have to go to one.