Author Topic: Who has had a seat in the new FJ  (Read 2978 times)

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
Who has had a seat in the new FJ
« on: April 04, 2011, 07:01:47 PM »
Who has had a seat in the new FJ  Toyota , had a once over today . Interesting concept ,,, but .
Went in open minded to a retro new rig . Its got all the bells & buttons  for an updated 2&1/2 door rig . the biggest flaw as I see it is the 3 wiper blades on a really small windscreen . From the drivers seat I couldnt see end of the bonnet as there wasnt a bullbar on the rig . As the drivers seat is a way back & the dash board is very wide this makes it had to work out just where the front is . Also its an auto & there is no diesal option . It will go off like prawn in the sun , as a toy rig with 2200KG towing . ;D
You can go your own way . Treg Up & Make Dust

Offline albyback1

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Never too busy to go camping
Re: Who has had a seat in the new FJ
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 07:11:33 PM »
Its a good truck - set up on the prado 150 chassis

no talk of a diesel coming to australia.....

Its a retro on the BJ40.. my favorite truck. Ive had three of them, one was my very first 4x4!

the old ones were capable, rugged and unbreakable. The newbies look tough but Im sure we would have fun trying to break this one.

As for the view out the front, I reken its a matter of getting used too... as its the ay of the future with aerodynamics and all!

Nice tow rig for sure and if it returns similar economy to my 2001 95series prado, it would return impressive results for the performance you'd get.

the mustard bj.. my last and most favorite truck!
Every where I go I bring pleasure. Sometimes it's when I arrive... but usually its when I leave!

Offline Heiny

• "All who wander are not lost"
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 07:12:21 PM »
Cant even legally fit bullbars to them in Australia as the chassis isn't rated to take the weight of one, just another wanna be 4x4 living off the reputation of a legendary 4x4, just like its sister wanna be 4x4 that it shares alot of components with. ;D >:D
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 07:18:39 PM by 73bubba »
NM Pajero GLS 3.2 DiD manual
2008 Jayco Flamingo Outback

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 07:35:32 PM »
just sit back & watch the after market crew go silly providing the toys for toys . If you want to get down to the point of law nothing can hang out past the lengh of the rig . No bull bars , but lets not go there again  ;D

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2011, 07:42:49 PM »
just sit back & watch the after market crew go silly providing the toys for toys . If you want to get down to the point of law nothing can hang out past the lengh of the rig . No bull bars , but lets not go there again  ;D

Toyota says no

I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2011, 07:49:19 PM »
D4D I ,, AAhhh hope you can read that tiny print but to me its jibber . I suspect its a NoNo on front furniture on the FJ . Got no Roos in the US of A  ;D

Offline albyback1

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Never too busy to go camping
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2011, 07:51:27 PM »
Every where I go I bring pleasure. Sometimes it's when I arrive... but usually its when I leave!

Offline Sharky

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • AORC - Odyssey Export
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2011, 08:02:29 PM »
Aftermarket heaven! If the USA is anything to go by then there will be abundant choice soon enough. As for ADR compliance...??? that's another story.

http://www.pureautoparts.com/toyota-fj-cruiser-fj-bumpersgrille-guards-c-1_4.html?zenid=jap93ifcja3s93ft00av1k0e22
Sharky
LC105 & AORC - Odyssey Export

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2011, 08:10:18 PM »
Sharky  I rest my case . The company said the rig wont handle it , but by the time its tricked up who cares .  >:D

Offline jclures

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2011, 10:02:51 PM »
I just had a look the ARB fitting instructions, the FJ fitted with the bull bar looks ok I think.

Offline Flightrisk

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2011, 03:59:15 AM »
If you look at ARB's US website, www.arbusa.com they show a bullbar as available. I wonder if they will offer this in Australia considering TMCA's position. You would assume they would be a pretty similar vehilce?