Author Topic: Expensive sites  (Read 4938 times)

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
Expensive sites
« on: April 03, 2011, 08:38:11 AM »
http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/western-australia/anger-over-worlds-most-expensive-caravan-park/story-e6frg13u-1226032515568

Campers are being stung as much as $4200 a week at a WA caravan park dubbed the "most expensive in the world".
I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline dno

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Welcome to gods country
Re: Expensive sites
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 08:42:36 AM »
This is why the big end of town has to be kept out of the high country !!!!.
"The first half of our lives are ruined by our parents  and the second half by our children."

Clarence Day

http://www.youtube.com/user/67dno/videos

Offline darren

• Hard Top Camper User
  • "Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius"
    • CampingAustralia.org
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 08:45:09 AM »
This is why the big end of town has to be kept out of the high country !!!!.

Does that mean only Brahman and no Poll?
Living the Dream.

Offline gibbo301

• Still doing it in my Aussie Swag
  • Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2011, 10:44:04 AM »
I think i may ring up and book for a couple of weeks

Offline NewcastleKnight

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2011, 10:45:45 AM »
Would anyone actually stay there?

Offline gunna

• Could End Up Anywhere
  • Hard Floor Camper User
  • Don't leave your run to late
    • A Few Pic's
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2011, 10:48:23 AM »
Anyone that pays that sort of money for a site needs his head read lol
sheeds

Offline theflyingbadger

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2011, 11:06:55 AM »
By comparison, the nearby Yallingup Beach Holiday Park charges $32 a night for a powered caravan site.

but it is a ....hole!

it's a real shame, we stayed at smiths in one of the older units (which are still there) before the resort was built - a really nice spot
Jon

CRD TD42TI Patrol - Ultimate Xtrk TBD

Offline pajnmaj

• "We grow old if we don't go camping"
  • Tent User
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2011, 11:32:56 AM »
How ridiculous!!! The only way for their prices to come down is not to stop there.
There are many other beautiful spots that are reasonably priced surrounding Smith's Beach.
Hi Ho, Hi Ho, Off to do more camping we go.

Offline flamingo

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2011, 12:24:51 PM »
  Bit rich! The banks of the Delatite will do me fine...Phil ;D
Go Tigers!
2005 Navara
2011 Jayco Flamingo

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2011, 12:31:39 PM »
How ridiculous!!! The only way for their prices to come down is not to stop there.

That's their goal, so people don't stop there. Most likely they needed the camp sites to get their planning permit. In reality they make money off their 5 star guests and want to discourage campers hence the price. Which is Darren's point. Imagine if this happened in the VIC High Country.
I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline theflyingbadger

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2011, 12:47:50 PM »
Most likely they needed the camp sites to get their planning permit.

hmmmmmmm. Perhaps the planning was arranged via other methods....
Jon

CRD TD42TI Patrol - Ultimate Xtrk TBD

Offline dno

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Welcome to gods country
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2011, 02:13:19 PM »
Does that mean only Brahman and no Poll?
My name's not Barry,  ;D
"The first half of our lives are ruined by our parents  and the second half by our children."

Clarence Day

http://www.youtube.com/user/67dno/videos

Offline Johnno convert

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2011, 03:54:30 PM »
Would anyone actually stay there?
Read the article. The whole point of it is that they don't want riff raff like us staying there as it may upset the other people staying in the 5 star part of the resort. They are more than prepared to take the hit on a meager camp site fee so that they don't lose their well heeled 5 star clientèle. They obviously knew that they would have problems getting the DA past council with an exclusive resort so they factored in the campsites so they could get it through and then effectively price them out of the market. I am not against people who have been successful enjoying what they have. I am, however, against greedy, deceitful businesses, such as this, that have establish their business under false pretenses.

Offline Alloy C/T

• Tent User
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2011, 04:35:34 PM »
Would love to read their terms and conditions for their campsites ,  hire a campsite for the weekend and then have 20/30 mates and their wives and kids rockup to say G/day ,share a few coldies and a snag on the barbie and generaly have a good time , recon their high in the air noses might be out of joint by 10pm.

Offline graylyn

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Kendall River Barramundi
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2011, 06:21:51 PM »
I agree with Alloy, but take the shovel and dig a hole just to the left of the group for the you-know-whats.
The worst day fishing is always better than the best day at work.

2021 Isuzu d-max utility 3 litre
2012 Jayco Swan Outback
full 60 litre Engel

Offline NewcastleKnight

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2011, 07:37:08 PM »
Read the article. The whole point of it is that they don't want riff raff like us staying there as it may upset the other people staying in the 5 star part of the resort. They are more than prepared to take the hit on a meager camp site fee so that they don't lose their well heeled 5 star clientèle. They obviously knew that they would have problems getting the DA past council with an exclusive resort so they factored in the campsites so they could get it through and then effectively price them out of the market. I am not against people who have been successful enjoying what they have. I am, however, against greedy, deceitful businesses, such as this, that have establish their business under false pretenses.

Fair enough, thanks for reading it for me....saved me loosing five minutes of my life that I would otherwise not get back... :D

If that is the case then why not get rid of camping, altogether and just put cabins or whatever they have in.

This is not alot different to what is happening all along the east coast.  Many parks are sacrficing camp sites for cabins and the few camp sites they have left are going expensive, granted they are not as expensive as this place but sites for $100+ a night are becoming common place along the coast.

Offline savanahkelpy

• Tent User
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2011, 07:46:57 PM »
Looks like i,ll need to be applying my cycle touring stealth camping techniques to the use of my camper trailer in order to just camp somewhere because of exhorbitant prices.   >:D
First they ignore me, then, they laugh at me, then, they attack me, then, I win! - Ghandi

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2011, 07:04:55 AM »
You can charge what ever you want , its getting some mug to pay the charge thats the tricky bit .
The camp groung seems to be there only to create the cover story . It also keeps somebody busy mowing it  ;D ;D
You can go your own way . Treg Up & Make Dust

Offline Johnno convert

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2011, 08:27:33 AM »
Fair enough, thanks for reading it for me....saved me loosing five minutes of my life that I would otherwise not get back... :D

If that is the case then why not get rid of camping, altogether and just put cabins or whatever they have in.

This is not alot different to what is happening all along the east coast.  Many parks are sacrficing camp sites for cabins and the few camp sites they have left are going expensive, granted they are not as expensive as this place but sites for $100+ a night are becoming common place along the coast.
Sorry mate I just re read how I worded that and it sounded a bit abrupt. That wasn't my intention. If they were to get rid of camping altogether and just put in the cabins then council would rub their hands with glee and jump on them with both feet as they would be in breech of their agreed operating parameters as per council requirements, and they would shut them down in a blink! They will get their come uppence sooner or later ;)