Author Topic: Cape York in July 2014  (Read 10943 times)

Offline firefox

• Administrator
  • Hard Floor Camper User
  • Young Nomad, Travelling
    • Tripigy
Re: Cape York in July 2014
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2014, 08:21:44 PM »
Hi jim
Been down this path. Aparently the arms cause serious issues when failed.  my local dealer went through all this last year. They refused to just replace the arms And did the entire turbos. I think to get u on the road is a good idea however long term ive had multiple dealers state very clear the entire batch must be replaced 

Sounds like you had the exact same failures ive had with it. Pm me your number and I can give you a call  heres hoping you can get on the road quickly
2015 LC200 - Snowy - Sahara with all the mods.
Custom built Off-road Caravan.

Offline Zilch

• Swag User
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2014, 08:42:36 PM »
I suspect they are going through a process of elimination FF, the part arrives tomorrow from Melbourne, that will be fitted, the turbo will
still be screwed and they will then take another week to get the Turbo and best part of the next week to fit it  ::)  I have been on the
RR Sport forum, they say on the Twin Turbo V6 it is pretty unusual for Turbo's to fail, typically it is the actuator.. but with this one i am
not confident as they could have found it quite quickly i reckon..  Will ping you my private email address
2010 RRS 3.0 TDv6 with High beam annoy and a $25 dollar super cheap auto cargo barrier

Offline Zilch

• Swag User
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2014, 08:44:05 PM »
well its ready to rock again, apparently it was the actuator that stuck/siezed, this has been replaced, no faults/codes are being picked up
and so its ready to rock again. Picking it up next thursday in Cairns and doing..

Cairns - Port Douglas - Cape Tribulation - Lakefield- Cairns - Mackay - Gold Coast - Sydney over the coming week  :cheers:

2010 RRS 3.0 TDv6 with High beam annoy and a $25 dollar super cheap auto cargo barrier

Offline gclan

• Hard Top Camper User
    • Misadventure 4wd
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2014, 10:50:58 PM »
That's great news. Enjoy the rest of the trip!
Django - 2009 Land Rover Defender 110 SVX
Marvin - Land Rover Discovery 4
Black Betty - 2007 Range Rover Sport
Bamm Bamm - 2009 Mountain Trail Extended Expedition

Misadventure 4WD http://www.youtube.com/user/JamieOGilmore
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Misadventure-4WD-TV/243025632464631

Offline Zilch

• Swag User
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2014, 09:53:11 AM »
Cheers Karen, we will bore you and Jamie with our 700 odd Photo's and Vids when we get back the second time  :cheers:

One observation on the PDR and Bamaga Bypass, in the main most people are considerate, slow down when passing to
avoid windscreen damage etc, but i did notice some very dangerous behaviour, high speed overtaking when people
are negotiating washouts, one Patrol driver nearly took me and a minibus out, blindly overtaking through dust clouds without
any clue about what was coming the other way.. etc.