Author Topic: Walk Through - Step Through Camper Trailers and Prices  (Read 17349 times)

Offline GeeTee

• Hard Floor Camper User
    • GT Campers premium off-road trailers and Toyota Hilux Expedition conversions
Re: Walk Through - Step Through Camper Trailers and Prices
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2013, 06:14:32 PM »
I'm actually in the market for this type of trailer....
What's all the confusion about??
I thought I might get some help here....Obviously not!!

With a generic name like 'campertrailer', your post read like an overseas manufacturer who was looking for information on exporting yet another cheap trailer with dinky-di kangaroo badges on it 

It does happen

GT Campers: Off-road touring trailer or Toyota Hilux Expedition
Purpose-designed and built off-road touring vehicles. Innovation not imitation!
Find us on Facebook

Offline berlitza

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2013, 06:27:12 PM »
No, not looking to import one.
Doing some research to see whats on the market.
It wasn't until I started to look, that I realised how many manufacturers out there.
I need a walkthrough for the extra room for storage. (5 kids)

lol ya not serious ? why dont you just list the price range of the camper your " genuinely' looking for , then you will get an endless source of information
All my life, I thought air was free...until I bought a bag of chips

scarps

Walk Through - Step Through Camper Trailers and Prices
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2013, 06:52:39 PM »
Hi Campertrailer, here's another option for your search. 
Buy a copy of the latest CamperTrailerAustralia magazine and in the last 6 pages are most of the major CT dealers, their product range and prices.  Happy to help with more info, but agree with a few others, your request is too broad.  Maybe be a bit more specific with on road or off road and price range and we can be very helpful.

Offline Squalo

• "Two Wheels Good"
  • Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2013, 12:30:44 PM »
Jimboomba Maddison Staircase is worth a look - not pricey unless you option it up to the hilt, full length Duragal chassis for strength, and all aluminium body for light weight. Mine is only 550kg empty.
2007 Jimboomba Maddison Staircase
1995 GQ DX Patrol TD42

Offline campertrailer

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2013, 02:29:37 PM »
we have the mdc v3 stepthrough, great trailer
Hi Cloakle,
So your happy with your MDC camper trailer?
Did you happen to go for independent suspension at all?
Any negatives?

Offline campertrailer

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2013, 02:58:33 PM »
Hi Campertrailer

I have a walk up Customline.  One of the reasons I liked them is you can spec them up or down depending on your budget.  We have a stainless kitchen, water tap in sink and external, full annex, overnight awning, tool box, water tanks, 12V power, etc etc. 

Since buying it I have installed an inverter and a diesel heater (SWMBO loves that mod).

I have done over 25,000 kms with it.  Up the middle to Darwin, back to Melbourne through central Qld and NSW.  Just two months ago I took it to Fraser Island with no dramas.  I have done thousands of k's off road and it hasn't missed a beat.

The only negatives I have is that I reckon it might be a bit heavy but it is my first camper so I don't really have anything to compare it with.  That said it tows great fully loaded or not.  The other thing is setting up the tent can be challenging as it is so high it doesn't just flop over, you need to push it up with one of the tent poles.  Once we got the hang of it we can set it up in ten minutes.  Add another 10 for the annex but I often pack it up with the annex on which makes it easier.  They use a very good quality canvas (15oz I think) which would add to the weight.  I am happy with a bit of extra weight with top quality materials though.

Oh and a must have option is the canvas bed cover.  It is great if you have to pack up wet.  When you get to your next stop you can set up and be in a nice warm and DRY bed every time.

Good luck with your choice of camper.

Cheers

Hi Stephwoodall,
How did you do the diesel heater install?
Where did you position it?
Thanks

Offline stephwoodall

• Tent User
  • 2015 Landcruiser 76, Customline Walkup Deluxe
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2013, 08:40:04 AM »
Hi Stephwoodall,
How did you do the diesel heater install?
Where did you position it?
Thanks

Hi Campertrailer

I installed it in the compartment above the wheel arch (offside).  The exhaust is plumbed to come out behind the wheel arch with the muffler inside the compartment.  I have a small 5 litre fuel tank near the battery box (on the same side as above) and the pipes for the intake and the output are both plumbed into the walk up foot well.  I have the controller in the empty space at the foot of the bed (along with some 12V outlets there).  The model I have is the D2 twin so I have a second outlet that I can swing around into the annex too. 

Cheers

Stephen

Offline holden1

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2013, 12:06:44 AM »
Hi Campertrailer

I installed it in the compartment above the wheel arch (offside).  The exhaust is plumbed to come out behind the wheel arch with the muffler inside the compartment.  I have a small 5 litre fuel tank near the battery box (on the same side as above) and the pipes for the intake and the output are both plumbed into the walk up foot well.  I have the controller in the empty space at the foot of the bed (along with some 12V outlets there).  The model I have is the D2 twin so I have a second outlet that I can swing around into the annex too. 

Cheers

Stephen

Hi,
Is that in the big walk up model?
With all the doors on the side. Thanks.

Offline xcvator

• 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2013, 01:41:43 AM »
Not exactly a walk thru sh1t loads of space and standard fittings
http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=21005.0   :cup:
spending the kids inheritance as fast as I can

tug 2018 Isuzu Mux LSU
1999 se diesel Jackaroo
July 10/2012  outback campers "Tanami"
New Age "Little Joey"

Offline stephwoodall

• Tent User
  • 2015 Landcruiser 76, Customline Walkup Deluxe
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2013, 11:59:14 AM »
Hi,
Is that in the big walk up model?
With all the doors on the side. Thanks.

Hi Holden1

It is the V2 walk up model.  So it has enclosed compartments except for the rear where the jerrys go and the gas bottles on the other side.

Cheers

Steph

Offline ewoksta

• Swag User
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2013, 05:57:43 PM »
We have a central coast camper walk up. Awesome amount of storage with four drawer going back into the trailer. We bought the "show special" which basically means it is fully optioned with lights 2 12v batteries, stainless kitchen water tank etc. Only thing is it is very heavy. About 1400kgs dry weight. Reckon once we have it loaded with water clothes fridge, canvas walls we wouldn't be to far short of 1800kgs. Tows really well and we are very happy with it.

Good luck with your decision.

Cheers
Andrew
07 Dual Cab Navara
2012 Central Coast camper "Show Special"

Offline shakey55

• Soft Floor Camper User
Walk Through - Step Through Camper Trailers and Prices
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2013, 08:39:37 PM »
I also have a CENTRAL COAST CAMPER. I got mine late last year and have only used it a few times. Yes they are heavy, but I am more than impressed with to quality of the entire unit and there is more than enough storage.

I had 17" wheels put on to match the 2005 GU PATROL.

The 2 x 100amp batteries are more than enough power for lights and 40litre engel fridge.

The walk up is the best invention. No more climbing over someone when nature call during the night.

Priced at 20k fully optioned, it's vale for money & quality

Offline holden1

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2013, 09:23:02 PM »
Hi Holden1

It is the V2 walk up model.  So it has enclosed compartments except for the rear where the jerrys go and the gas bottles on the other side.

Cheers

Steph

Hi steph,
Ours is not as big as that I don't think. But not long now and we will have our first brand new camper trailer.
So looking forward to it. Hubby and I well it almost feels like Christmas as a kid.

crackacoldie

« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2013, 12:15:18 AM »
I have a Challenge walk in, new they sit at around the $27000 mark.  Mine is for sale with a list of extras, 3 years old in good condition for just under the 20k mark.

Offline rjstokes

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2014, 01:28:20 PM »
Hi all.

Has anyone got any experience with the Travelmax ST step through camper seen here : http://www.caravancampermegastore.com.au/range/camper-trailers/new-camper-trailers/

They seem like good value for money but there isn't much info on them on the forums from what I can tell. Ideally I'd like to find a step through that has drawers for easy storage of clothing etc. (like the ST). Not sure how the tailgate goes in the middle of the living area though - I'll have to go look at the real thing.

I've looked at the MDC step through V4 but doesn't seem to have an option for drawers (could be modded I guess though?).

Any other suggestions that can be seen in Perth?

Cheers.