Author Topic: Not the first stuff around by ARB, but is definitely the last  (Read 68847 times)

Offline Swannie

• Are we there yet
  • Hard Top Camper User
Re: Not the first stuff around by ARB, but is definitely the last
« Reply #100 on: June 17, 2015, 09:25:51 PM »
No worries' KB, don't read much of Bird's wise posts these days :)

Swannie
1994 80 series RV Land Cruiser  (Frank the Tank)
2015 200 series gxl TTD (Bruiser The Cruiser)
2015 Jayco Starcraft 17:58-3 OB (Starsky)

Offline dales133

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #101 on: June 17, 2015, 10:52:02 PM »
I'll just throw my 2 cents worth in while I drink as a his waiting for Chilli crab in Singapore. ... ARB are losing thier game.
They are far from the only supplier these days and either no better than the compition or worse in my experience.
Service and attitude at most of thier stores is rude in my experience

Offline BaseCamp

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Shake & Bake BB!
« Reply #102 on: June 17, 2015, 11:17:57 PM »
No mate you got that wrong.  Just the bloke trying to get a Bull bar fitted and got stuffed around.

no worries matey...   I know you were totally mucked around by ARB....     I bet some of them are asleep at the wheel of customer care - for sure!

cheers - and thx for your post and heads up about them...
You get out and in to the world -- you take more @#&$. …You climb a little higher, ..you take less @#&$.  …Till one day -- you're up in the rarefied atmosphere -- and you've forgotten what @#&$ even looks like….  Welcome to the layer cake son.

Offline Barry G

• Hard Top Camper User
  • For my 'Pop' l.Cpl Tom Powell, A Comp.21Batt.6Brig
« Reply #103 on: June 18, 2015, 01:43:33 AM »
After reading this I'm finding it easier to live with the fact that they don't make stuff for my truck!   >:D
2000 Jackaroo Monterey 2002 Jackaroo 'Equipe' & Heaslip soft floor rear fold camper.
05 Subaru Outback Weekender GOGO Camper
 i hope for a better world for my kids, and yours, not just a bigger slice of the current one!

Offline Sixpack

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #104 on: June 18, 2015, 08:38:37 AM »
no worries matey...   I know you were totally mucked around by ARB....     I bet some of them are asleep at the wheel of customer care - for sure!

cheers - and thx for your post and heads up about them...
Cheers Terry.

2014 Toyota Prado, 2018 Jayco Expanda Outback

Offline Sixpack

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #105 on: June 18, 2015, 08:41:57 AM »
Sorry mate, I put the quote in and forget to say something.  I will post a photo of the TJM bar when I get it and we will see if that starts of a new topic what is batter ARB or TJM.   
Cheers Terry.

Offline GUEY

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #106 on: June 18, 2015, 09:01:33 AM »
What makes things difficult these days is design rules and the stuff that goes into the cars.

Personally I would love to have a local bloke make some gear for mine. Could make a decent (tuff) bar, sliders and scrub bars a lot cheaper with a hell of a lot better customer service. Downfall is it wouldn't be "legal" due to having no testing to meet airbag standards (which it looks like my passenger could be stuffed in an accident with anyway  ??? )
Interesting the price is so high for such a high volume product.

Arb and the like are the ones with the money for R and D and testing to make things happen. Due to that we have not much choice but to suck it up.

For the record, I haven't set foot in a TJM store for 15 years due to bad service. Over the last few vehicles that is a fair wack of money they have missed out on due to one smart rs know it all knob behind the counter. (who was wrong by the way  :cup: )
2016 Colorado Trailblazer
2010 Swan Outback

Offline Bad Scott

• You dump, Scott and I pump
  • 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • AKA "Bad Scott"
« Reply #107 on: June 18, 2015, 09:05:11 AM »
What makes things difficult these days is design rules and the stuff that goes into the cars.

Personally I would love to have a local bloke make some gear for mine. Could make a decent (tuff) bar, sliders and scrub bars a lot cheaper with a hell of a lot better customer service. Downfall is it wouldn't be "legal" due to having no testing to meet airbag standards (which it looks like my passenger could be stuffed in an accident with anyway  ??? )
Interesting the price is so high for such a high volume product.

Arb and the like are the ones with the money for R and D and testing to make things happen. Due to that we have not much choice but to suck it up.

For the record, I haven't set foot in a TJM store for 15 years due to bad service. Over the last few vehicles that is a fair wack of money they have missed out on due to one smart rs know it all knob behind the counter. (who was wrong by the way  :cup: )

the old saying "Customer is always right even if they are wrong"
Ultimate LC79 Combo

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #108 on: June 18, 2015, 09:11:30 AM »
Hi Bird, in my case they had one in stock and it sat in the warehouse for five weeks up until the day before it was supposed to be fitted.  It took me to ring them to tell me it wasn't happening. I could understand if they had no stock and they were up front with time frames.  It was the lack of communication that got me wild.
when I bought the GU I wanted ARB bar, but none in stock, and they would contact me when they were around to making more..
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Footy Shorts Shane

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #109 on: June 18, 2015, 10:07:06 AM »

Same thing with a local ARB store here. Tried to deal with them once, never again. Since then I reckon I would have sent $15k plus worth of sales to Dave at the Toowoomba store. Every one I have spoken to after they have dealt with him are very happy.
With enough horse power, sheer ignorance and a total lack of respect for your vehicle, you'll get through....

Offline GUEY

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #110 on: June 18, 2015, 10:19:46 AM »
Same thing with a local ARB store here. Tried to deal with them once, never again. Since then I reckon I would have sent $15k plus worth of sales to Dave at the Toowoomba store. Every one I have spoken to after they have dealt with him are very happy.

Yeah I've had fitting issues with ARB also (air leakers) so they certainly aren't at the top of my go to list either :cheers:

Me - my lockers aren't engaging and there is oil coming out the lines
ARB - Shouldn't be. You sure
Me - There is. Positive.
ARB - jeez I wish my diff oil was that clean (after taking the time to walk outside and have a look for himself).

That was before they were corrected the first time. Took three attempts all up...
2010 Swan Outback

Offline Traveller

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #111 on: June 18, 2015, 11:12:20 AM »
I am with the pro ARB set having had 3 vehicles covered in their gear to some extent. I have had a great run with them although I tend to deal with an agent who is just brilliant with his understanding of the product and fitment.

ARB themselves impressed me when buying the GU. Had a good deal through the dealer for a bullbar and sliders fitted by ARB. Was contacted before picking the GU up that there were no sliders available and that ARB would let me know when they were ready. They rang a couple of weeks later and said they would drive to my place to fit them. I was gob-smacked as it is about a 90 minute drive. Sure enough they arrived and the deed was done. This all happened about 6 years ago however.

I have had a couple of tours of the ARB plant and watched them put a bulbar together so I know they did make them here a couple of years ago at least.

I too was put of TJM by cr*p service when I was after gear quite a few years ago and never recovered. I have tried looking at their gear but just can't bring myself to buy (obviously brainwashed)

Offline MDS69

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #112 on: June 18, 2015, 11:15:17 AM »
I am with the pro ARB set having had 3 vehicles covered in their gear to some extent. I have had a great run with them although I tend to deal with an agent who is just brilliant with his understanding of the product and fitment.

ARB themselves impressed me when buying the GU. Had a good deal through the dealer for a bullbar and sliders fitted by ARB. Was contacted before picking the GU up that there were no sliders available and that ARB would let me know when they were ready. They rang a couple of weeks later and said they would drive to my place to fit them. I was gob-smacked as it is about a 90 minute drive. Sure enough they arrived and the deed was done. This all happened about 6 years ago however.

I have had a couple of tours of the ARB plant and watched them put a bulbar together so I know they did make them here a couple of years ago at least.

I too was put of TJM by cr*p service when I was after gear quite a few years ago and never recovered. I have tried looking at their gear but just can't bring myself to buy (obviously brainwashed)

I "think" ARB bars are made in Australia for our market and the ones made overseas are for that market but as pointed out elsewhere the overseas ones would have the same QC etc we get, just made elsewhere cheaper.

Offline Swannie

• Are we there yet
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #113 on: June 18, 2015, 11:22:45 AM »
I'm thinking I need to buy an ARB or TJM store, would make. Killing I reckon

Swannie
1994 80 series RV Land Cruiser  (Frank the Tank)
2015 200 series gxl TTD (Bruiser The Cruiser)
2015 Jayco Starcraft 17:58-3 OB (Starsky)

Offline Sixpack

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #114 on: June 18, 2015, 11:55:20 AM »

Swannie

I'll go half's with you Swannie.  I like that idea.
Cheers Terry.

Offline JD-120

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #115 on: June 18, 2015, 12:13:13 PM »
Get one of both, hedge your bets ;-)
Cheers

Justin

Offline GUEY

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #116 on: June 18, 2015, 12:38:02 PM »

Swannie

And a Jayco dealership?
2010 Swan Outback

Offline Gazza00

• Tent User
« Reply #117 on: June 18, 2015, 01:14:24 PM »
Arrogant Rude Bastards

Offline Aussie Iron

• Swag User
« Reply #118 on: June 18, 2015, 05:55:37 PM »
After reading this I'm finding it easier to live with the fact that they don't make stuff for my truck!   >:D

I'll agree with that.

Dan.

scarpsD40

« Reply #119 on: June 18, 2015, 06:07:13 PM »

Offline JD-120

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #120 on: June 18, 2015, 06:08:17 PM »
What `chew talk`n about willis
Cheers

Justin

scarpsD40

« Reply #121 on: June 18, 2015, 06:30:28 PM »

What `chew talk`n about willis
ARB don't make much gear for 4WD's that start with the letter 'J'

Offline Psychosick

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #122 on: June 18, 2015, 06:31:00 PM »
Heres my one, I went in to get a canopy and was told 5 weeks for the smooth finish, 3 weeks for the grained so i went the grained as i was leaving for a trip in 4 weeks.
They booked me in for 3.5 weeks time just to make sure it was done. Now the day before it was to be fitted i got a phone call in the morning and they said they did not know if it was on the truck for delivery or not and would not know until the truck turned up. In the arvo i got another phone call that said it was not on the truck but it will be there at 10am the day of fitting so drop your car off at 9am as planned and that will give them time to prep it.
Day of fitting i drop my car off at 9am and walk to the beach about 1hour walk away, 11.30am i get a phone call saying it was not on the truck but they were getting it couriered down so i could drive the ARB ute home ( i live 100km away ) and they would bring my car to me the next day and pick up theirs which was ok as i got to go home and not have to hang around all day.
So i drive home and as i get in the driveway i get a phone call and they say its turned up but its the wrong one, we ordered u the wrong one. I got back in there ute and flogged the **** out of it the whole way back there, got my deposit back and gave them some kind words and went to ironman.... but thats another story as well but at least i got one from them eventually after they painted it the wrong colour the first time.
Was quite an experience trying to get a canopy on, anyone would think it was hard.
2015 Cub Brumby
2012 D22 Navara

Quit job, sold house, threw phone away.... Gone camping.

Offline JD-120

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #123 on: June 18, 2015, 06:32:05 PM »
ARB don't make much gear for 4WD's that start with the letter 'J'
Lol. I just thought that kid looked like Arnold
Cheers

Justin

Offline achjimmy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #124 on: June 18, 2015, 06:36:56 PM »
We shouldn't lose track of the fact that this is a major Australian company that still employs a lot of skilled Australian employees! I don't take any pleasure out of reading about there mistakes or screw ups and hope Sam is around and can report some of this back? I would just like them to embrace issues with there customer service and only grow stronger! And hope they expand there range. My preference will always try them first for the reasons above
Here for a good time, not a long time!

Jim